Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AaronJames
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7382 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    Duster kzoo (resized).jpg
    patz_vs_stamps.png
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 6 years ago
    Quoted from mman23:

The tournament software froze during the quarter finals.
    Main tournament -- PAPA Circuit event:
    1. Aaron Grabowski
    2. Jason Magnuson
    3. Andy Rosa
    4. Jeff Teolis
    Classics tournament:
    1. Vince Giannini
    2. Terry Groves
    3. Jeff Teolis
    4. Sunshine Bon

Cool thanks. I hope I wasn't the only one who noticed the runaway train win Tommy had on Viking in the semis. I don't know what I said when I saw that, but I then had to explain the situation to my family.

#302 6 years ago

Here are the auction results and some pictures from that event. Sorry some were blurry, I was in a hurry to take them...

Working Pinball Machines:
    -------------------------
    Bride of Pinbot $1800
    Dr. Dude $1750
    Silver Ball Mania - RESERVE NOT MET
    Spy Hunter $725
    Super Sonic Straight - RESERVE NOT MET
    World Poker Tour - RESERVE NOT MET

Project Pinball Machines:
    Captain Fantastic Home Version $45
    Crossword (1959) $220
    Williams World Cup (1978) $320

Working Video Games:
    --------------------
    Air Wing Carrier - RESERVE NOT MET
    Big Buck Hunter $155
    Midway Collection (Home Version) $35
    Outrun (cabaret cab) $350
    Stargate Cocktail (in Defender Cab) $400
    Super Dodgeball - RESERVE NOT MET
    Vanguard - RESERVE NOT MET

Project Video Games:
    --------------------
    Defender - RESERVE NOT MET

Working Redemption Games:
    Sports Blaster $ 65

Side art/Playfields:
    --------------------
    Data East Playboy Decals - RESERVE NOT MET
    Expo - RESERVE NOT MET

Pinball Backglasses (wall hanging condition)
    --------------------------------------------
    Matahari $5
    Pokerino $10
    Rack a Ball $15
    Sharp Shooter $10

Thanks again for all those who came out and helped! Big thanks to John and SuAnn Dayhuff for running the auction!

IMG_2259 (resized).JPGIMG_2259 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2260 (resized).JPGIMG_2260 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2261 (resized).JPGIMG_2261 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2263 (resized).JPGIMG_2263 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2264 (resized).JPGIMG_2264 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPGIMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2267 (resized).JPGIMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2268 (resized).JPGIMG_2268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPGIMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2270 (resized).JPGIMG_2270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPGIMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2272 (resized).JPGIMG_2272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPG

#303 6 years ago

Three sons of pinsiders took all the prizes at the youth tournament

Congrats to all. It was a fun weekend.

#304 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Three sons of pinsiders took all the prizes at the youth tournament

WTH they beat my score? Man I really am out of it!

#305 6 years ago

hard to tell from photos, is it a light turn out this year?

#306 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leachdude:

Trailer is loaded this is what made the cut..
    Wipeout
    Dirty Harry
    Star Wars (DE)
    Meteor
    Gorgar
    Dr. Dude

Thanks for bring your WipeOut. I really like that game.

#307 6 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

First off, i want to thank Kevin and his awesome crew for putting on another great show, and for all the hard work they've put in. I would also like to thank Dayhuff and all of his Auction Helpers, Marcus, Matt, His wonderful wife SuAnn, and anyone else i might have missed. Also Big thanks to all the people who brought games for us to play, to Abel for bringing Dialed In, and Hobbit, and Tilt for Aerosmith and the other games they brought. Awesome games. Also thanks to the Great crew that handled the tournament. I also personally want to thank everyone for their kind words for my on my Joker Poker, that FiNALLY made it through the weekend, it only had 1 minor issue, i blew the fuse for the coils. Only down for a short time, then right back up. It had over 300 plays on it. Also thanks to the other Vendors, Mr Soda Pop, Pinball Life, Dayhuff, and the others that i don't know by name. I also just want to say, i had a great time, playing a ton of games, and for all the people that i met this weekend. Also the people i have met in the past years, that i was able to catch up with. Can't wait to see you all soon.
    Oh, 1 last thing, congrats to the winners of the Show awards, very deserving all of you, and Congrats to the tournament winners.

And the homemade cookies!!

#308 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

At one count there were 135 games there. Hard to get a good judgment with so many coming and going. I think they were just spread out more, which makes it look like less.

John

#309 6 years ago

Looks like alien got just over 350 plays during PATZ. Had two balls lost in trough and had to keep re-leveling that playfield LCD screen which Andrew from Heighway contacted me about after the show to schedule a skype call so we can solve the issue together. I hope everyone still had a good time playing it and if you have any feed back please feel free to provide it to me and Heighway.

Oh I also forgot to put nuts on my leg levelers and they worked themselves uneven a few times I tried to get over there in between tourney games to check up on it but I wasn't always watching the game.
    IMG_1020 (resized).JPGIMG_1020 (resized).JPG

IMG_1042 (resized).JPGIMG_1042 (resized).JPG

#310 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Games were coming in all times during the day Friday so it depends when the pictures were taken. We even unloaded several Saturday morning.

#311 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

WTH they beat my score? Man I really am out of it!

Kids and a woman, yeah u can hang it up.

#312 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

$1 IFPA charge probably kept a ton of people out.

#313 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Looks like alien got just over 350 plays during PATZ. Had two balls lost in trough and had to keep re-leveling that playfield LCD screen which Andrew from Heighway contacted me about after the show to schedule a skype call so we can solve the issue together. I hope everyone still had a good time playing it and if you have any feed back please feel free to provide it to me and Heighway.
    Oh I also forgot to put nuts on my leg levelers and they worked themselves uneven a few times I tried to get over there in between tourney games to check up on it but I wasn't always watching the game.

Thank you so much for bringing that in. What a treat.

#314 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Thanks a lot for bringing Alien! My wife and I took up about 10 of those plays during the day on Saturday. My wife is REALLY into the Aliens series of movies so she was especially interested and wanted to give it a shot. To be honest though, we hope that it is still really early code. We could not get that alien tongue to come out to grab the ball for anything. Never saw it work when we were looking over the shoulders of others playing either. Was it functional? My wife hit it 6 times in a row. We do not know the rules or qualifiers ... wish we did before we went to the show. Lesson learned for next show we go to. Maybe next time we play a Alien it would be more eventful. But, again ... we really appreciate you bringing it for everyone to play. (And thanks for the RZ translite too.)

#315 6 years ago

Always enjoy PATZ. Kevin, John and the rest of the "regulars" make a show fun. It did seem like the crowd was maybe a bit lighter this year but our games were busy. Brought some stuff to sell and sold it at decent prices. My son and I brought 10 games (1 for sale) and we consider the challenge to be getting through the show without a major breakdown. One burned flipper coil, a fuse and a couple stuck balls was it! Played a lot of other games. Enjoyed Aerosmith and Dialed In. Good times, good times!!

#316 6 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

Always enjoy PATZ. Kevin, John and the rest of the "regulars" make a show fun. Good times, good times!!

Thank you Phil for bringing the PA system as always, we couldn't do it without it I don't think. I wrote myself a note that the cord is the way to go......LOL.
    Thanks also for bringing all those games, that's a ton of work for sure. Also good luck with the HGT playfield project, I expect to see it all finished and at the show next year.

John

#317 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was a good crowd like the past few years. I don't like taking pics of people that I know I am going to put online so I crop into the pins really tight.

Having the big space also means we can spread out and not feel crammed.

#318 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

A couple of vendors said it was a light crowd. That was good for us for playing pins early on Saturday. Our real only "bummer" about the show is that the pins were disappearing big time about 2PM. Some being bought and taken, a few going to the auction, and others just going home. By 4PM, less than half of the pins remained than what were there at the start of the day. The vendor's pins were still there, but longer lines developed at those pins as a result. That's part of how these shows go though ... the last day pins thin out a few hours before the show closing. It's all good if you know that ahead of time, which is why I'm stating it here for those that don't go to many shows. It is normal (except for the VFW show - those pins stay).

Thanks to all who brought their pins to play. We got to play pins that we haven't played before. Most of them were in fantastic shape.

Thanks to the vendors for being there for us to see your products in person - the pins, arcades, mods, accessories, used parts. Thanks to PinStadium for bringing those lights for the playfields. After seeing them, I'll likely buy a set with the flasher when I eventually get an AS maybe later this year. Seeing them in person sure does sell them ... at least in my case. You did not get my money at the show, but you did get a future sale from me. (Thanks for answering some questions on the AS that we had also.)

Thanks to all the people who organized the show. It was well organized. We'll likely be back next year. Maybe we'll bring some $$$ so that we can bid in the auction next year too. We had a real good time.

#319 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Thanks a lot for bringing Alien! My wife and I took up about 10 of those plays during the day on Saturday. My wife is REALLY into the Aliens series of movies so she was especially interested and wanted to give it a shot. To be honest though, we hope that it is still really early code. We could not get that alien tongue to come out to grab the ball for anything. Never saw it work when we were looking over the shoulders of others playing either. Was it functional? My wife hit it 6 times in a row. We do not know the rules or qualifiers ... wish we did before we went to the show. Lesson learned for next show we go to. Maybe next time we play a Alien it would be more eventful. But, again ... we really appreciate you bringing it for everyone to play. (And thanks for the RZ translite too.)

Alien tongue does not come out at this point. It takes 8 shots to the alien head to start ambush multiball.

#320 6 years ago

As for the turnout it was beautiful weather outdoors at least Friday and Saturday so that probably doesn't help bring casual visitors.

#321 6 years ago

As always, it was another wonderful show with some great people leading the way starting with Kevin. The 'attitude' of the show has always been so positive and engaging, it makes the experience fun for young and old. Now in regards to the turnout, I was there all-day on Saturday and it looked solid as did the number of machines. I have seen them clear out much quicker in years past.

And I think we know what Kevin and PATZ was up against this year, the stamp show down the hall in the same building! One year is it the reptile show and this year stamps, those are two very tough challenges that PATZ has had to take on.

Brad

patz_vs_stamps.pngpatz_vs_stamps.png

#322 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Sorry was typing while driving last night so had a short reply. The tongue from the Alien mech is currently disabled as the board is being redesigned that controls it. As it was explained to me by heighway it was essentially too sensitive and the tongue mech was coming out at times when it shouldn't risking ball strikes and damaging the mechanism so for right now mine is unplugged as I await the full production replacement board. The targets below the xenomorph head require 8 strikes to start that multiball mode which is called Ambush, after that last strike the magnet will still grab and hold the ball very similar to Sparky on Metallica, the GI goes dark and then you get a radar screen that pops up on the displays telling you what direction they are attacking from and what shots you need to hit. The jackpot shots during this multiball are varied in color as I believe the colors may coordinate to the distance the attackers are from you, but I can't confirm that.

Each of the games 4 multiballs are started in unique ways.
    -Ambush by bashing the Xenomorph
    -Hypersleep by completing the drop targets on lower right, and then locking balls at the upper left ramp.
    -Sentry Gun (the easiest to start, and the only one you can stack with another multiball) by collecting 1000 ammo (ammo is gained 1x per switch hit, and more for different shots on the playfield, more difficult shot = more ammo)
    -Save Newt by completing 3 life cycles.....egg, facehugger, chest buster, xenomorph....so orbits, followed by vent, followed by the hardest one the chest buster which is just to the right of the right ramp, and then the xeno morph targets.....12 shots to start the multiball. I have only done it 3 times so far, but from what I understand it is worth attempting to build towards this one first as it increases the values of shots and modes for each life cycle completion.

All film modes, Alien or Aliens, are started by left inlane and right inlane to qualify mode start at rear scoop. Start mode, check out LCD screen and shoot corresponding shots. Find Jonesy has been the hardest for me because it is basically a trap up mode, wait for an orange shot and then hit it, and typically I don't trap up a lot while I play. My favorite mode is drop ship, requires shooting the stand up targets to load your ship and then ramps to progress and eventually scoop to finish.

Also I have noticed that not many people have caught on to the fact that as you earn weapons....(I believe again by shooting the standups during regular play, but I'm not positive) they light the launch button to activate a "power up" of some sort...things like increase bonus multiplier, double scoring, ball save, 2 xenomorph hits, gives needed shot, etc....Some of those can be very helpful and essentially serve as a ball save if you have a multiball ready to go or something like that.

Anyway I hope that helps for the next time you come across an Alien machine.

#323 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Sorry was typing while driving last night so had a short reply. The tongue from the Alien mech is currently disabled as the board is being redesigned that controls it. As it was explained to me by heighway it was essentially too sensitive and the tongue mech was coming out at times when it shouldn't risking ball strikes and damaging the mechanism so for right now mine is unplugged as I await the full production replacement board. The targets below the xenomorph head require 8 strikes to start that multiball mode which is called Ambush, after that last strike the magnet will still grab and hold the ball very similar to Sparky on Metallica, the GI goes dark and then you get a radar screen that pops up on the displays telling you what direction they are attacking from and what shots you need to hit. The jackpot shots during this multiball are varied in color as I believe the colors may coordinate to the distance the attackers are from you, but I can't confirm that.
    -Hypersleep by completing the drop targets on lower right, and then locking balls at the upper left ramp.
    -Sentry Gun (the easiest to start, and the only one you can stack with another multiball) by collecting 1000 ammo (ammo is gained 1x per switch hit, and more for different shots on the playfield, more difficult shot = more ammo)
    -Save Newt by completing 3 life cycles.....egg, facehugger, chest buster, xenomorph....so orbits, followed by vent, followed by the hardest one the chest buster which is just to the right of the right ramp, and then the xeno morph targets.....12 shots to start the multiball. I have only done it 3 times so far, but from what I understand it is worth attempting to build towards this one first as it increases the values of shots and modes for each life cycle completion.
    All film modes, Alien or Aliens, are started by left inlane and right inlane to qualify mode start at rear scoop. Start mode, check out LCD screen and shoot corresponding shots. Find Jonesy has been the hardest for me because it is basically a trap up mode, wait for an orange shot and then hit it, and typically I don't trap up a lot while I play. My favorite mode is drop ship, requires shooting the stand up targets to load your ship and then ramps to progress and eventually scoop to finish.
    Also I have noticed that not many people have caught on to the fact that as you earn weapons....(I believe again by shooting the standups during regular play, but I'm not positive) they light the launch button to activate a "power up" of some sort...things like increase bonus multiplier, double scoring, ball save, 2 xenomorph hits, gives needed shot, etc....Some of those can be very helpful and essentially serve as a ball save if you have a multiball ready to go or something like that.

Thanks for bringing this, it was fun. I'm not the guy who can find all the modes, at least not the first couple of times. The game is beautiful, and I had a great time playing it.

#324 6 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Great detailed reply! We will have to print that out and study it before the next show that has a Alien available to play. We did get a couple of multi-balls ... not sure for what, but this will help to understand it a bit. Thanks!

#325 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Great detailed reply! We will have to print that out and study it before the next show that has a Alien available to play. We did get a couple of multi-balls ... not sure for what, but this will help to understand it a bit. Thanks!

Most likely the Sentry Gun and/or Ambush as those two get started very frequently without really trying, the other two you really have to be focused on at least from my experience so far. The last one All Out War, I can't remember if you get that for just doing the other 4 multiballs, or if that is the last wizard mode you get for doing all 5 modes from each film and each of the multiballs as well.

#326 6 years ago

And I think we know what Kevin and PATZ was up against this year, the stamp show down the hall in the same building! One year is it the reptile show and this year stamps, those are two very tough challenges that PATZ has had to take on.
    Brad

The best year was when the Gun Show was next door. That one had a big line in the morning so people came over and checked out the pinball show.

#327 6 years ago

Oops. Sorry, messed up the quote from Brad.....

#328 6 years ago

I'm not going to bag on anyone's hobby, but did anyone look in the hall where the stamp show was? With the glance that I took, I saw a total of 1 guy in there that was under 75 years old. The best part of a gathering like that is that you find stuff like this in the parking lot:

Duster kzoo (resized).jpgDuster kzoo (resized).jpg

#329 6 years ago

LOL, I parked by that green Duster on Saturday. IT was pretty darn nice.

#330 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinD:

I'm not going to bag on anyone's hobby, but did anyone look in the hall where the stamp show was? With the glance that I took, I saw a total of 1 guy in there that was under 75 years old.

Absolutely a much different demographic.

We had the stamp collectors once before. One of them came up to the big door I was working and asked where the stamp show was. When I pointed it was on the other end of the parking lot he got very flustered. I offered to load him on a pinball dolly and wheel him down there.

#331 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinD:

I'm not going to bag on anyone's hobby, but did anyone look in the hall where the stamp show was? With the glance that I took, I saw a total of 1 guy in there that was under 75 years old. The best part of a gathering like that is that you find stuff like this in the parking lot:

And I agree, my post was in jest as they are a group of people doing something together.

Brad

#332 6 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

Oops. Sorry, messed up the quote from Brad.....

As you can imagine Phil, people have definitely done worse quoting me.

Brad

#333 6 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

And I agree, my post was in jest as they are a group of people doing something together.
    Brad

I totally understood where you were coming from. We worry at times about the future of pinball, but seeing that makes me wonder about the future of that hobby. That's life, I guess.

#334 6 years ago

awesome new PATZ poster that i cut the mat for and framed.....just need to find the ideal place to hang it

IMG_3847 (resized).JPGIMG_3847 (resized).JPG

#335 6 years ago
    Quoted from KevinD:

That car is Fing rad

#337 6 years ago
    Quoted from 64bsstp:

Brad
    The best year was when the Gun Show was next door. That one had a big line in the morning so people came over and checked out the pinball show.

I remember that as I was asked if I was carrying any ammo

#338 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

A couple of vendors said it was a light crowd. That was good for us for playing pins early on Saturday. Our real only "bummer" about the show is that the pins were disappearing big time about 2PM. Some being bought and taken, a few going to the auction, and others just going home. By 4PM, less than half of the pins remained than what were there at the start of the day. The vendor's pins were still there, but longer lines developed at those pins as a result. That's part of how these shows go though ... the last day pins thin out a few hours before the show closing. It's all good if you know that ahead of time, which is why I'm stating it here for those that don't go to many shows. It is normal (except for the VFW show - those pins stay).
    Thanks to all who brought their pins to play. We got to play pins that we haven't played before. Most of them were in fantastic shape.
    Thanks to the vendors for being there for us to see your products in person - the pins, arcades, mods, accessories, used parts. Thanks to PinStadium for bringing those lights for the playfields. After seeing them, I'll likely buy a set with the flasher when I eventually get an AS maybe later this year. Seeing them in person sure does sell them ... at least in my case. You did not get my money at the show, but you did get a future sale from me. (Thanks for answering some questions on the AS that we had also.)
    Thanks to all the people who organized the show. It was well organized. We'll likely be back next year. Maybe we'll bring some $$$ so that we can bid in the auction next year too. We had a real good time.

Since you're from Hell...I don't know about you but I think we should have a show in Hell someday just to say we did. "Pinball in Hell, 2020" or "Hell yes, Pinball 2020"

#339 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

Since you're from Hell...I don't know about you but I think we should have a show in Hell someday just to say we did. "Pinball in Hell, 2020" or "Hell yes, Pinball 2020"

Could have a bad ass shirt, pinball in hell with the demon from fireball. Went to a car cruise in hell in the early 90s it was crazy, they had state cops there that basically let you do anything you wanted, I think they were only there to breakup a fight, I did a burnout on the street untill the back tires blew, the crowed got so riled up when the tires popped it sounded like a rock concert with cheers. That was back when I had more money than brains, now im too cheap to even squeel the tires.

#340 6 years ago

Official audit from Flash Gordon at PATZ is 331 plays (there was already 63 from testing). Not bad at all!

IMG_3803 (resized).JPGIMG_3803 (resized).JPG

Thank you to everyone that puts on the show, everyone that brought games, and everyone that attended.

#341 6 years ago
    Quoted from Underspin:

That would be great. But we would likely have to take over the entire little town. Maybe an outdoor flea market/swap meet by the dam in Hell.

The VFW show in a couple of weeks is only about 20 minutes away. I plan on going to the "Hell Saloon" this weekend to see what activities they have going on the following weekend and post in the VFW thread. We casually know the owners and will see if they can give the pinball geeks a "Helluva" discount on food or offer a drink special. They usually have a band play there on weekend days.

#342 6 years ago
    Quoted from crlush:

Could have a bad ass shirt, pinball in hell with the demon from fireball. Went to a car cruise in hell in the early 90s it was crazy, they had state cops there that basically let you do anything you wanted, I think they were only there to breakup a fight, I did a burnout on the street untill the back tires blew, the crowed got so riled up when the tires popped it sounded like a rock concert with cheers. That was back when I had more money than brains, now im too cheap to even squeel the tires.

On "Devils Night" they have a hearse parade of modded vehicles from several surrounding states that's pretty cool.

#343 6 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

I remember that as I was asked if I was carrying any ammo

Were you?

Brad

#344 6 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

That would be great. But we would likely have to take over the entire little town. Maybe an outdoor flea market/swap meet by the dam in Hell.
    The VFW show in a couple of weeks is only about 20 minutes away. I plan on going to the "Hell Saloon" this weekend to see what activities they have going on the following weekend and post in the VFW thread. We casually know the owners and will see if they can give the pinball geeks a "Helluva" discount on food or offer a drink special. They usually have a band play there on weekend days.

Hell Saloon. I might have been there. Do they serve "Chilli from Hell?" That's what I got with my tall cold beer. It was fantastic.

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2017-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-20-21-22/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.