Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by AaronJames
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7382 (resized).PNG
    IMG_3803 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3847 (resized).JPG
    Duster kzoo (resized).jpg
    patz_vs_stamps.png
    IMG_1042 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1020 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2273 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2272 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2271 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2270 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2268 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2267 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 7 years ago

I'm also looking for new playfield glass.

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

I'm also looking for new playfield glass.

Check with Gary from Abel Electronics - http://www.abelelectronics.com/contact_us.html. He usually comes to the show and has been known to bring glass to those who ask.

#103 7 years ago

Anyone bringing any arcade cabinets? I feel like I'm coming down with JAMMA fever....

#104 7 years ago

Probably going to be able to show up for a day if all goes well. Id like to bring a game but ill only be there for a day. Hopefully i can figure something out, always a great show.

#105 7 years ago
    Quoted from Newport-Bill:

Check with Gary from Abel Electronics - http://www.abelelectronics.com/contact_us.html. He usually comes to the show and has been known to bring glass to those who ask.

Last year someone was there with $20/sheet glass with preorder, good deal, don't remember who though.

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from polyacanthus:

Last year someone was there with $20/sheet glass with preorder, good deal, don't remember who though.

I would buy some at that.price

#107 7 years ago

Here is a list of games the PCPL (Prison City Pinball League) will be being.

Star Wars DE
    Dirty Harry
    Raven
    Diamond Lady (Maybe for sale)
    Gorgar (For sale)
    Dr Dude (For sale)

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

#108 7 years ago

I've only had request for two specific backglasses so far. Anyone else off the list that Marcus did?

John

#109 7 years ago

Cleaning House....I would prefer to bring these items to PATZ Saturday April 22nd.
    single used whirlwind plastic ........$2.00
    small set of used whirlwind plastics ........$20.00
    medium set of used whirlwind plastics ........$30.00
    large set of used whirlwind plastics ........$60.00 (4 pictures).......SOLD!
    large used whirlwind ramp & ticket booths........$50.00
    Bally speaker (from Black Rose but fits others).......$40.00
    Atari Superman apron......$10.00
    used Whirlwind translate......$15.00........SOLD!
    used pop bodies and skirts......$5.00
    Atari head hinge........$5.00
    plunger assembly.......$5.00
    Bally flipper brackets....$5.00
    Black Rose gearbox assembly......$50.00
    New switching power supply .....$10.00
    misc. Black Rose metal......$5.00
    New 5 large orange switch covers......$2.00
    Wide body Atari bar receiver....$5.00
    Atari Start switch.........$15.00
    3 .25 coin mechs.......$5.00
    5 Wico coin door coin mech brackets.......$10.00
    manuals and operator handbooks ......$5.00 each
    shuffle bowler powder......$2.00 each
    sorry.......pictures ended up reversed from descriptions
    IMG_3631 (resized).JPGIMG_3631 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3632 (resized).JPGIMG_3632 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3633 (resized).JPGIMG_3633 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3634 (resized).JPGIMG_3634 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3635 (resized).JPGIMG_3635 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3636 (resized).JPGIMG_3636 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3637 (resized).JPGIMG_3637 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3638 (resized).JPGIMG_3638 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3639 (resized).JPGIMG_3639 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3640 (resized).JPGIMG_3640 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3644 (resized).JPGIMG_3644 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3645 (resized).JPGIMG_3645 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3646 (resized).JPGIMG_3646 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3647 (resized).JPGIMG_3647 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3648 (resized).JPGIMG_3648 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3650 (resized).JPGIMG_3650 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3651 (resized).JPGIMG_3651 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3652 (resized).JPGIMG_3652 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3653 (resized).JPGIMG_3653 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3654 (resized).JPGIMG_3654 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3655 (resized).JPGIMG_3655 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3656 (resized).JPGIMG_3656 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3657 (resized).JPGIMG_3657 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3658 (resized).JPGIMG_3658 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3659 (resized).JPGIMG_3659 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3660 (resized).JPGIMG_3660 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3661 (resized).JPGIMG_3661 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3662 (resized).JPGIMG_3662 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3663 (resized).JPGIMG_3663 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3664 (resized).JPGIMG_3664 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3665 (resized).JPGIMG_3665 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3666 (resized).JPGIMG_3666 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3667 (resized).JPGIMG_3667 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3668 (resized).JPGIMG_3668 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3669 (resized).JPGIMG_3669 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3670 (resized).JPGIMG_3670 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3671 (resized).JPGIMG_3671 (resized).JPG
    IMG_3672 (resized).JPGIMG_3672 (resized).JPG
    Added over 7 years ago: superman manual.......sold
    gottlieb service manual.....sold
    switching power supply.......sold

Added over 7 years ago: whirwind ramp ......SOLD!

#110 7 years ago

2 WEEK TILL PATZ..........BUMP!!!!!!!

#111 7 years ago

What is the difference between the two shuffleboard waxes I need to buy some and was online looking at different types with different numbers is it speed or size of the wax
    Would you consider shipping a couple cans to Massachusetts not sure which type I would want or need maybe someone can help me out
    thanks Mike

#112 7 years ago

Holy crap Superman, it looks like you need a booth at the Zoo show....LOL.

John

#113 7 years ago

can't compete with you John

M. Zerba

#114 7 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

can't compete with you John
    M. Zerba

LOL.....I'm selling out as much as I can this year....., it should be interesting.

John

#115 7 years ago

I will be there all day Saturday.........catch up with you then

#116 7 years ago

Putting together random box lots of stuff as we speak. Coils, drop targets, gates, linkages, kick out assemblies, buttons, round targets, coin indicators, coin mechs.......... I'm thinking $10 per box ?? Your buying everything in that box for one money. Its a mish mash of just random parts.

John

#117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Hdmike444:

What is the difference between the two shuffleboard waxes I need to buy some and was online looking at different types with different numbers is it speed or size of the wax
    Would you consider shipping a couple cans to Massachusetts not sure which type I would want or need maybe someone can help me out
    thanks Mike

I don't think those setting up booths at the shows want to ship stuff, but I could be wrong.

Buy the shuffleboard wax from Suzo-Happ. They love to ship parts & supplies.

#118 7 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Putting together random box lots of stuff as we speak. Coils, drop targets, gates, linkages, kick out assemblies, buttons, round targets, coin indicators, coin mechs.......... I'm thinking $10 per box ?? Your buying everything in that box for one money. Its a mish mash of just random parts.
    John

Just filled up 25 boxes, heavy duty plugs, misc. assemblies, line cords, cigarette holders, tilt parts, wire holders, springs, shooter rods and gauges, and anything else I can dig up. $10 per box but no remixing of boxes, you get what you get and buy as many boxes as you want.
    Tomorrow I'll get more boxes as I ran out today.

John

#119 7 years ago

i will ship things from my list .........shipping would be added...........i do not have a table at PATZ but will bring the items saturday 22nd if sold

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from zerbam:

i will ship things from my list .........shipping would be added...........i do not have a table at PATZ but will bring the items saturday 22nd if sold

Mike,
    If you want bring the stuff to my booth and we'll figure out a spot to put it.

John

#121 7 years ago

thanks John......might have to take you up on that......You, Kevin and PATZ are the best.....wouldn't miss it

#122 7 years ago

I am confirming that my restored Flash Gordon will be at the show. I've worked the bugs out and it's ready for some playtime. Here's the restoration thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-trash-gordon-to-flash-gordon-my-restoration

I could also bring an EM Wms Big Deal on Saturday if anyone is interested in purchasing. It's a mostly working project that I just don't have time to complete right now.

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

I am confirming that my restored Flash Gordon will be at the show. I've worked the bugs out and it's ready for some playtime. Here's the restoration thread:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-trash-gordon-to-flash-gordon-my-restoration
    I could also bring an EM Wms Big Deal on Saturday if anyone is interested in purchasing. It's a mostly working project that I just don't have time to complete right now.

Holy crap- I had no idea you were doing this. It looks awesome, can't wait to play it.

I'm bringing my WWFRR for all 3 days.

I'm shopping it out right now- all new rubbers and such. I'm going to have to rebuild the pops at another time because I'm worried I wouldn't have time to finish it before PATZ. They work fine, fine as in they are still DE pops.

It's my first shop job on my first machine so I'm taking my time and taking pictures constantly. I'll hopefully be finished by the weekend.

#124 7 years ago
    Quoted from earthvsmattGR:

Holy crap- I had no idea you were doing this. It looks awesome, can't wait to play it.
    I'm bringing my WWFRR for all 3 days.
    I'm shopping it out right now- all new rubbers and such. I'm going to have to rebuild the pops at another time because I'm worried I wouldn't have time to finish it before PATZ. They work fine, fine as in they are still DE pops.
    It's my first shop job on my first machine so I'm taking my time and taking pictures constantly. I'll hopefully be finished by the weekend.

Sweet. Can't wait to play some RR.

I still remember my first shop job. Careful--fixing can be more fun than playing!

#125 7 years ago

"I could also bring an EM Wms Big Deal on Saturday if anyone is interested in purchasing. It's a mostly working project that I just don't have time to complete right now."

Bring the Big deal and if no one buys it outright at the show just throw it in the Auction. Someone will want to take it home I am sure.

Sir Brian of Ortonville

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Bribo13:

Bring the Big deal and if no one buys it outright at the show just throw it in the Auction. Someone will want to take it home I am sure.

Yep, I thought of that. I'd rather have some pre-interest before bringing it down, because I wouldn't bring it back.

#127 7 years ago

**** JJP Invisiglass Sale at the VFW and PATZ Show ****

I received the prices that Gary from Abel worked out with JJP for a Invisiglass sale at the shows. He is going to include the PATZ show if we can quickly get a count in time for that. It all depends on how many will actually firmly commit. The more sheets that are purchased by this group buy, the cheaper it will be. Gary's cash payment prices are as follows:

10 total group sheets or more = $255 each
    8 total group sheets or more = $265 each
    6 total group sheets or more = $275 each

Gary said that the price includes tax and his delivery to the shows for your pickup. He needs at least a weeks notice, so for the group discount to be in time for the PATZ event, we need a definite committed count by Friday. Gary will disclose how he will accept the group cash payment (the logistics of how we can get this done) once we get the count.

PM me with your committed count of sheets and what size - Standard or Wide Body, and which show you would pick the glass up at (VFW or PATZ). Give me your "real" name and phone number too to pass along to Gary. We will likely use your phone number as your password to acquire your sheets at the show (or something similar). More updates will follow as Gary feeds me the info/directions. Let's at least get 10 sheets as a group for the best discount.

#128 7 years ago

So I'll be bringing Genie, Iron Man and Judge Dredd for the Tournament. I can fit another 3 for the free play area so I was thinking Batman Dark Knight for sure but not so sure on the other 2. I've got TWD Pro, Fish Tales, Demo Man, GB Pro, STTNG, WCS94, Johnny Mnemonic, Party Zone, EBD, Incredible Hulk. Nothing will be for sale just for play. Let me know if anyone wants to play these and I'll bring a couple.

#129 7 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

So I'll be bringing Genie, Iron Man and Judge Dredd for the Tournament. I can fit another 3 for the free play area so I was thinking Batman Dark Knight for sure but not so sure on the other 2. I've got TWD Pro, Fish Tales, Demo Man, GB Pro, STTNG, WCS94, Johnny Mnemonic, Party Zone, EBD, Incredible Hulk. Nothing will be for sale just for play. Let me know if anyone wants to play these and I'll bring a couple.

Great options. I'd say GB Pro, TWD, and Incredible Hulk get my vote. I'm bringing 6 non-pinheads from Chicago but we're only going to be there during the afternoon-early evening on Friday. I think this is our 5th year going to PatZ.

#130 7 years ago

I want to give this thread a bump. I saw Kruzman giving props to the show and I'd like to echo that sentiment. I first met Kevin at Pinball Expo back in 2000 or 2001 when he had a booth selling parts. At that time we had a chance to speak as I was at my friend's booth next to him. It didn't take me long to realize that not only does Kevin wear his heart on his sleeve, but he is as good and honest as it gets. Over the years he has helped me when he can and I've looked to do the same. Since I started going to PATZ, I've done my best to get out there each and every year. It is one of my favorite shows due to Kevin, the venue, and people who come to the show. I've always enjoyed socializing and do plenty of that there. If you are the fence about going to the show, do yourself a favor and go. There are some good places to eat in the area as well, how could it get better?

Brad

#131 7 years ago

Nothing but nice people at PATZ for sure.

Don't forget to pick up your Sweetwaters doughnuts on the way in, or out of town. I always get 2 dozen heading out

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Nothing but nice people at PATZ for sure.
    Don't forget to pick up your Sweetwaters doughnuts on the way in, or out of town. I always get 2 dozen heading out

No doubt about Sweetwater's, I have a coffee mug to remind me. And for those that don't want to make decisions on the spot, check this out!

http://sweetwatersdonuts.com/donuts/

Thanks for the reminder. And for those that don't like to click links, you will see just a few of what they have available below.

Brad

sweetwaters.pngsweetwaters.png

#133 7 years ago

Hard to get the perfect dozen... It really is. I'm heavy on the cake donuts but you need a good mix.

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Hard to get the perfect dozen... It really is. I'm heavy on the cake donuts but you need a good mix.

I agree about the perfect dozen. I always grab some to bring home in case anyone from our household didn't join us at the show and to enjoy later. I love maple donuts... mmmmm...

Brad

#135 7 years ago

I always pick up some Hinkley's Donuts to take to the show, not near the show but a good treat to have none the less and it is in my home town. Also rated number 1 just ahead of Sweetwater's. Maybe this year I will have to stop in and try some of those to compare!

#136 7 years ago

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

Let me know if you plan on taking TWD Pro to the show. If so I will leave mine here and take something else along.

Was considering selling TWD but the market seems flooded with those raising money for AFMr. Might hold off for a while

#138 7 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I've got TWD Pro, Fish Tales, Demo Man, GB Pro, STTNG, WCS94, Johnny Mnemonic, Party Zone, EBD, Incredible Hulk. Nothing will be for sale just for play. Let me know if anyone wants to play these and I'll bring a couple.

Haven't had much of a chance to try GB, so that would be great. Hard to go wrong with any of the others. Don't think I've seen a JM at the Zoo, at least recently..........

Added over 7 years ago: Edit: And thanks for bringing games!

#139 7 years ago
    Quoted from thadawkins:

I'd vote for Johnny Mnemonic

#140 7 years ago

so far the plan will be TWD and GB as that's what everyone seems to like. My only concern with JM is how well the hand will hold up over that many plays in a weekend. I don't have any issues now but that seems likely to change after what I am assuming will be over 1500 plays that weekend.

#141 7 years ago

I will likely be bringing a Vulcan. And it will likely be for sale.

#142 7 years ago

I don't think your game will see 1500 plays. Probably something under 500 (so maybe 1500 balls then?) I've been bringing 6 - 9 games and the counts are usually under 400 for Friday + Sat. Mine are titles like Meteor, Flash Gordon and Firepower but they do stay busy. It's a great show.

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I agree about the perfect dozen. I always grab some to bring home in case anyone from our household didn't join us at the show and to enjoy later. I love maple donuts... mmmmm...
    Brad

Reeses Peanut Butter doughnuts are great. Chocolate cake base, peanut butter smashed into the center and then chocolate drizzled on top. I have have about 2 and then I get an amazing sugar rush.

#144 7 years ago

Be on the lookout for this character. He goes by the name of Don Jayhuff! (photo courtesy of Kevin Ketchum).

One week away! It's going to be great!

jd2000 (resized).pngjd2000 (resized).png

#145 7 years ago

I'm really looking forward to it! The whole family is coming to Kalamazoo for a soccer tournament next weekend and I'll only have a short bit of time between soccer games to admire and play a few games but it'll be worth it. The show last year was the first for me and it was wonderful! I actually wasn't aware of the show then (wasn't on pinside either yet) but had just stumbled across a flyer for it at the pinball hall of fame in vegas a few weeks before.

Thanks for the info on donuts! Last year we got very nice tacos from I believe a place off Portage (could have been Gallo Blanco--or at least what I see on google maps suggests this was the place). And then One Well was good for beers. Willing to listen to advice from locals though for grub and gulps!

#146 7 years ago
    Quoted from marcand:

Be on the lookout for this character. He goes by the name of Don Jayhuff! (photo courtesy of Kevin Ketchum).
    One week away! It's going to be great!

Yeah he's a goof. Always eating my doughnuts and drinking my Mtn. Dew at the show......, plus he hogs up all the space in that corner booth with that "free" stuff. I'm sure were all paying for it SOMEHOW. You've been warned !!

#147 7 years ago

I'll be bringing a restored Viking for the tournament area and perhaps something special for the free play area....

IMG_0892 (resized).JPGIMG_0892 (resized).JPG

IMG_0891 (resized).JPGIMG_0891 (resized).JPG

#148 7 years ago
    Quoted from tfduda:

Last year we got very nice tacos from I believe a place off Portage (could have been Gallo Blanco--or at least what I see on google maps suggests this was the place). And then One Well was good for beers. Willing to listen to advice from locals though for grub and gulps!

El Gallo Blanco was probably the place. Papa's Italian Sausage on King Hwy is really good but not open on Saturday. Ray Ray's Italian Beef on Miller is supposed to be very good but I personally haven't gotten there yet.

In terms of beer - Boatyard and Rupert's are nice places to visit.

#149 7 years ago

Looks like I will be bringing a 300 and it will be for sale. I posted it on CL hoping to sell before the show but all I am getting are scammers and low-ballers for the most part.

Honestly thought I set the price right expecting some negotiation and that it would move quickly but not the case.

#150 7 years ago

Looking forward to seeing and playing 300!

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patz-2017-official-pinball-at-the-zoo-thread-april-20-21-22/page/3?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.