Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    ch (resized).jpg
    7e14ef06cc5ad636854a4e33ff02b9e9_400x400 (resized).jpeg
    Uhura_And_Gamora (resized).jpg
    Alexander (resized).jpg
    TOS2x22p (resized).png
    A Star Trek William_shatner_kirk_with_barbara_bouchet_kelinda_star_trek (resized).jpg
    Uhura-and-Kirk-kiss (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    dbe39f3962f7e303b449a2f40ef5dd36--star-trek-tos-battlestar-galactica (resized).jpg
    8_deela (resized).jpg
    AAEFFF11-DA21-4DD5-88EA-96A776778DBD.gif
    facepalm-spiderman (resized).png
    3AFBC356-EF25-47B8-94BD-CD063504FB99.jpeg
    DCF30628-BC14-44A1-9DB7-77EBC8123566.gif
    picard+of+the+pops+-+courage (resized).jpg

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #2 5 years ago

Jean luc is good, but kirk is still is best imho. I may be biased though, I have a hand signed wrath of khan movie poster in my game room.

04F705F4-8CF5-486B-8A65-168CC76B4EC3 (resized).jpeg04F705F4-8CF5-486B-8A65-168CC76B4EC3 (resized).jpeg

Ps good to see the legacy continue in any event

#4 5 years ago

Oh CBS, looks like your pay per view needed a boost? Seriously, I can only watch this if I pay cable, and then pay CBS on top of that? No thanks.

As for JLP, I think he was right, his time with the series has run it's natural course.

#5 5 years ago

Picard is my favorite captain.

#6 5 years ago

I had no sellers remorse getting rid of my STTNG pin... until now.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

You can easily buy another one!

#8 5 years ago

Hell yeah. Great news, I'll be looking forward to seeing where they take this show.

Resistance is futile!

#9 5 years ago

Great pin, I’d never get rid of one if I had one. Mainly because they weigh 450 lbs......but it’s still a great pin !

#10 5 years ago

I guess they're seeing a financial benefit for Trek on their streaming service. I was trying to wait them out but now it looks like I'm going to have to get CBS All Access...ugh.

#11 5 years ago

I dunno..
    I still think Calhoun is the best captain. (Bonus points if anyone even KNOWS who Calhoun is..)

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Jean luc is good, but kirk is still is best imho.

Kirk was good, but the writing/monsters became so terrible that Jean Luc ends up winning best captain.

star-trek-aliens_0 (resized).jpgstar-trek-aliens_0 (resized).jpg
    #13 5 years ago

Very cool! I really enjoyed Discovery a lot more than I thought I would and Jean Luc is easily one of the best Trek characters ever so this should be great if the production values are on par with Disvovery.

#14 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Oh CBS, looks like your pay per view needed a boost? Seriously, I can only watch this if I pay cable, and then pay CBS on top of that? No thanks.
    As for JLP, I think he was right, his time with the series has run it's natural course.

I don’t have cable and I watch CBS all access on my Apple TV.

#15 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I dunno..
    I still think Calhoun is the best captain. (Bonus points if anyone even KNOWS who Calhoun is..)

I used to read a ton of Star Trek books, was that they guy in the Frontier books? Peter David wrote the best Trek fan fiction.

#16 5 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I dunno..

I just looked it up, yeah, Before Dishonor and Vendetta by Peter David were the best Trek books I read around that time. Very good taste. Check em out!

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

I used to read a ton of Star Trek books, was that they guy in the Frontier books? Peter David wrote the best Trek fan fiction.

Quoted from Rondogg:

I just looked it up, yeah, Before Dishonor and Vendetta by Peter David were the best Trek books I read around that time. Very good taste. Check em out!

Yup! That's him! I loved the humor in 'New Frontier', admittedly.

#18 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I don’t have cable and I watch CBS all access on my Apple TV.

Huh. How much per month? I was under the impression I had to prove I was subscribed to cable.

#19 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Kirk was good, but the writing/monsters became so terrible that Jean Luc ends up winning best captain.[quoted image]

Ya kno, while i disagree with the ending conclusion, i do agree that picard had much better staff. Some of kirks early stuff is downright laughable by todays standards. Wrath of khan was as good as it got in terms of writing for ol kirk.

6B587B12-AC71-43EE-A60E-92CB80C9607A (resized).jpeg6B587B12-AC71-43EE-A60E-92CB80C9607A (resized).jpeg
    #20 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ya kno, while i disagree with the ending conclusion, i do agree that picard had much better staff. Some of kirks early stuff is downright laughable by todays standards. Wrath of khan was as good as it got in terms of writing for ol kirk.

Kirk was also excellent in Search for Spock. His conversation with Sarek at the end of the film was damn near perfect.

#21 5 years ago
    download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
    #22 5 years ago

^^^^YAASSSSSSSS lmao. Don't get me wrong, I've got love for Patrick Stewart...I was way more into TNG than DS9 as a kid, but as an adult with an actual brain, I've really got to say I like DS9 so much more. Up until that last season (wow...) it just felt more 'real' or 'believable' in terms of characterization and how all these people played off each other. TNG feels like a piece of stiff cardboard most of the time by comparison. If I could change one thing about DS9, it would be...

Less Keiko. Jesus christ. WE GET IT, LADY. Writers seriously f'ed over that actress giving her such a outer-space-witch-wife-from-hell role...

#23 5 years ago

Just went and congratulated all the Picards on my STTNG backbox. We all seemed very excited!

#24 5 years ago

Picard is my favorite captain.

What? No love for Capt. Janeway?

#25 5 years ago

Here come the $9,999 STTNG's.

#26 5 years ago

If you want the manual it's an extra $1k cause it's 4 ft tall.

#27 5 years ago

Dumb jokes aside this is pretty great news. My dad was a ST nut. Watched every week and drug us to every movie. The STTNG movie was the only one I didn't see with him.

#28 5 years ago

I dont know, It could be my damaged Brain, but every time I hear Jean Luc Picard, I think of this SNL skit:
    a poor impersonation at the end....

https://vimeo.com/135177799

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #29 5 years ago

Art... it's official... there's something wrong with your head!
    Have you had it professionally accessed?

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Art... it's official... there's something wrong with your head!
    Have you had it professionally accessed?

Could be the libations at the family party this evening.....3 birthdays, and family flew in...Im screwed!

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

^^^^YAASSSSSSSS lmao. Don't get me wrong, I've got love for Patrick Stewart...I was way more into TNG than DS9 as a kid, but as an adult with an actual brain, I've really got to say I like DS9 so much more. Up until that last season (wow...) it just felt more 'real' or 'believable' in terms of characterization and how all these people played off each other. TNG feels like a piece of stiff cardboard most of the time by comparison. If I could change one thing about DS9, it would be...
    Less Keiko. Jesus christ. WE GET IT, LADY. Writers seriously f'ed over that actress giving her such a outer-space-witch-wife-from-hell role...

DS9 is the best of all the shows. I've watched DS9 many times over.

#32 5 years ago

Night crew!!!! You glorious sons-of-bitches! Beer me!

22dbb934b04ab89b2559630e337cc776 (resized).jpg22dbb934b04ab89b2559630e337cc776 (resized).jpg
    #33 5 years ago
    4316a58b98088ca2df5cb72b7739922e--sience-fiction-si-fi (resized).jpg4316a58b98088ca2df5cb72b7739922e--sience-fiction-si-fi (resized).jpg
    #34 5 years ago
    6AE28AEA-DA5D-4705-9E96-8ECD93C7F6E3.gif6AE28AEA-DA5D-4705-9E96-8ECD93C7F6E3.gif
    #35 5 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

[quoted image]

I loved this episode!

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

Perfect for people like me. I don't have cable. I only pay for Netflix currently. I didn't think Star Trek Discovery was enough to justify paying for CBS All Access. I think an additional show with Picard is more than enough reason to justify paying for it, at least for a huge Star Trek fan as myself. I'm all in!

#37 5 years ago

Hell Yeah

picard+of+the+pops+-+courage (resized).jpgpicard+of+the+pops+-+courage (resized).jpg
    #38 5 years ago

I'll just buy it on blu-ray

#39 5 years ago

This should have been announced at Comic Con in SD. The news would have opened a Temporal Rift wider then the one from “Yesterday’s Enterprise”
    Great News!
    3AFBC356-EF25-47B8-94BD-CD063504FB99.jpeg3AFBC356-EF25-47B8-94BD-CD063504FB99.jpegDCF30628-BC14-44A1-9DB7-77EBC8123566.gifDCF30628-BC14-44A1-9DB7-77EBC8123566.gif

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from RonSS:

You got that right. I aint payin cbs one penny.

#41 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Kirk was good, but the writing/monsters became so terrible that Jean Luc ends up winning best captain.[quoted image]

Not fair, look at the tech and budgets of the two.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

The Wrath of Khan makes up for all of that.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

This should have been announced at Comic Con in SD. The news would have opened a Temporal Rift wider then the one from “Yesterday’s Enterprise”

Is that Shooter McGavin?

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

[quoted image]

Patrick Stewart/Jean Luc is not only one of the best Trek characters but as this thread proves he has some of the greatest memes

#46 5 years ago

Yessssss. He's back. JLP was, is, and will always be the best Captain ever.!
    PS. F You Q!

#47 5 years ago

Cut to the first episode, he's now an admiral and we get to watch him fill out paperwork and do menial tasks for an hour a week.

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Yessssss. He's back. JLP was, is, and will always be the best Captain ever.!
    PS. F You Q!

If he can only ever straighten his damn jacket!

#50 5 years ago

Considering Patrick Stewart is of an age (78) where he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, I am intrigued that they have a concept for a show that is so compelling for him he's willing to commit to a TV series at this stage in his life. I look forward to what it will be.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patrick-stewart-returns-as-jean-luc-picard-?hl=phat_jay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.