Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by dothedoo
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    ch (resized).jpg
    7e14ef06cc5ad636854a4e33ff02b9e9_400x400 (resized).jpeg
    Uhura_And_Gamora (resized).jpg
    Alexander (resized).jpg
    TOS2x22p (resized).png
    A Star Trek William_shatner_kirk_with_barbara_bouchet_kelinda_star_trek (resized).jpg
    Uhura-and-Kirk-kiss (resized).jpg
    hqdefault (resized).jpg
    dbe39f3962f7e303b449a2f40ef5dd36--star-trek-tos-battlestar-galactica (resized).jpg
    8_deela (resized).jpg
    AAEFFF11-DA21-4DD5-88EA-96A776778DBD.gif
    facepalm-spiderman (resized).png
    3AFBC356-EF25-47B8-94BD-CD063504FB99.jpeg
    DCF30628-BC14-44A1-9DB7-77EBC8123566.gif
    picard+of+the+pops+-+courage (resized).jpg
    There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from FParker185:

Cut to the first episode, he's now an admiral and we get to watch him fill out paperwork and do menial tasks for an hour a week.

Or worse yet, have to suffer through one of his "trysts" from his past, or will it be his future?

They did say it will be "very, very different".

#52 5 years ago

This has just about got to have Brent Spiner bacnk as Data doesn't it, or at least the slightly retarded version from the last movie that has all of Data's personality buried somewhere, right?? Guess they may jettison that storyline to the last 20 years that have passed...

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinKopf:

This has just about got to have Brent Spiner bacnk as Data doesn't it, or at least the slightly retarded version from the last movie that has all of Data's personality buried somewhere, right?? Guess they may jettison that storyline to the last 20 years that have passed...

Brent Spiner is almost 70 years old. Unless data got an upgrade to make himself age like humans, I don't think he'll be coming back as Data. But who knows, writers can do just about anything.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from FParker185:

Cut to the first episode, he's now an admiral and we get to watch him fill out paperwork and do menial tasks for an hour a week.

facepalm-spiderman (resized).pngfacepalm-spiderman (resized).png

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:But who knows, writers can do just about anything.

AAEFFF11-DA21-4DD5-88EA-96A776778DBD.gifAAEFFF11-DA21-4DD5-88EA-96A776778DBD.gif

#56 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Considering Patrick Stewart is of an age (78) where he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do, I am intrigued that they have a concept for a show that is so compelling for him he's willing to commit to a TV series at this stage in his life. I look forward to what it will be.

From a couple more articles he is producing it as well, so he seems to be heavily involved in this which I think is a good thing, no one knows JLP better than JLP

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

From a couple more articles he is producing it as well, so he seems to be heavily involved in this which I think is a good thing, no one knows JLP better than JLP

Very true, the more the actors are involved the better.

I was initially very against the CBS All Access stuff, another dumb paid subscription, everyone is doing it now. But it probably gives shows like this more of a chance to get the green light for new seasons. Seems like everything good gets cancelled on cable, except the stuff that should. I would have liked Enterprise to be given more of a chance, that show might have needed a shake up in the cast though.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from FParker185:

I'd watch that.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

kirk is still is best imho

Captain baldy aint got nothing on Captain Kirk.
    8_deela (resized).jpg8_deela (resized).jpgUhura-and-Kirk-kiss (resized).jpgUhura-and-Kirk-kiss (resized).jpgdbe39f3962f7e303b449a2f40ef5dd36--star-trek-tos-battlestar-galactica (resized).jpgdbe39f3962f7e303b449a2f40ef5dd36--star-trek-tos-battlestar-galactica (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpghqdefault (resized).jpg

TOS2x22p (resized).pngTOS2x22p (resized).png

A Star Trek William_shatner_kirk_with_barbara_bouchet_kelinda_star_trek (resized).jpgA Star Trek William_shatner_kirk_with_barbara_bouchet_kelinda_star_trek (resized).jpg

#60 5 years ago

just dont let scott bakula anywhere near this..
    I loved DS9, but avery brooks always seemed wooden when acting. also trying to forget him with hair the first season. sooo much more they could have done with odo.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Captain baldy aint got nothing on Captain Kirk.

Oh come on, we all know you were a regular poster in alt.sexy.bald.captains back in the Usenet days ...

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from jesster64:

sooo much more they could have done with odo.

^^ This....and more they could have done with the Defiant too. They left way too much on the table. I suppose they didn't want to overdo Odo, but what a great character. They focused too much on the Cardassian/Bajoran conflict and Quark's greed for my tastes.

We did name our daughter after one of the characters, though. Ok, not really, but it is a coincidental (and intentional ) sound alike.

#63 5 years ago

Patrick Stewart said that Picard may no longer be a captain and be very different from what we remember as 20 years has passed. Hmmm, that sounds like what led to Mark Hamill's character Luke Skywalker being treated the way he was in The Last Jedi, lol. Please don't let that happen here. The last thing the fans want is to see Jean-Luc living on some random island and hating the world.

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

that sounds like what led to Mark Hamill's character Luke Skywalker being treated the way he was in The Last Jedi, lol.

To be fair, a reboot of Corvette Summer just wasn't gonna happen.

#65 5 years ago

I'm not seeing anything in the news in the last 7 days around Brent Spiner joining this...

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

I'm not seeing anything in the news in the last 7 days around Brent Spiner joining this...

Didn't he say years ago that he would never play the part of Data again, due to the premise that androids should never age?

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

^^ This....and more they could have done with the Defiant too. They left way too much on the table. I suppose they didn't want to overdo Odo, but what a great character. They focused too much on the Cardassian/Bajoran conflict and Quark's greed for my tastes.
    We did name our daughter after one of the characters, though. Ok, not really, but it is a coincidental (and intentional ) sound alike.

Just curious, what is your daughter's name? Mine is Iliana. Named after Nana Visitor's Cardassian character Iliana Gamor and actress Ileanna Douglas. I always liked that name.

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Just curious, what is your daughter's name? .

Worf?

#69 5 years ago

Did they ever explain how a French guy named Picard has a British accent and habits? I wonder what the French thought of that?

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

Did they ever explain how a French guy named Picard has a British accent and habits? I wonder what the French thought of that?

Britain crushes France under it's boot in the future.
    But really
    " the French language having become obscure by the 24th century, as mentioned in the Next Generation episode "Code of Honor"."

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The last thing the fans want is to see Jean-Luc living on some random island and hating the world.

Hilarious!

#72 5 years ago

No. It’s Alaxender.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

No. It’s Alaxender.

Such a cutie.
    Alexander (resized).jpgAlexander (resized).jpg

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Such a cutie.
    [quoted image]

I think he committed suicide earlier this year.

#75 5 years ago

Maybe he'll be wearing a modified banana clip to help with eyesight?

#76 5 years ago

Very mixed feelings on that one, I am excited to have Captain Picard back (although I'm an official Sisko club member), but given how Star Trek Discovery is a plain massacre, I am very worried about what will come next.

On the other hand, I do think that Patrick Stewart has the utmost respect for his character, and might not be short a couple million dollars, so these might be good signs of a great show.

#77 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

Such a cutie.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from mcluvin:

I think he committed suicide earlier this year.

No but it's a bit confusing. The original Alexander actor did, not Brian Bonsall pictured there.

#78 5 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

No but it's a bit confusing. The original Alexander actor did, not Brian Bonsall pictured there.

I don't recognize him without the head ridges.

#79 5 years ago
    Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Perfect for people like me. I don't have cable. I only pay for Netflix currently. I didn't think Star Trek Discovery was enough to justify paying for CBS All Access. I think an additional show with Picard is more than enough reason to justify paying for it, at least for a huge Star Trek fan as myself. I'm all in!

I am a huge Star Trek fan. All the shows, all the movies, all the lore. Until Discovery. I get it, it is all about the money. But I'm already paying CBS through my cable company. I'm already paying Netflix, because I like their service. But I will not ever pay for CBS All-Access. I won't pirate it, I will not ever do anything to support any new streaming service that just wants to leverage my viewing like that. Other companies have tried, and I said no. This is just the latest one. They could have the hot Uhura from the reboot making out with a yummy green Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy and I still wouldn't pay to watch it.

Uhura_And_Gamora (resized).jpgUhura_And_Gamora (resized).jpg
    (you know you want to see them kiss)

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from mcluvin:

I don't recognize him without the head ridges.

It didn't help when the kid originally died they I remember a lot of images were of Bonsall.

#81 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Didn't he say years ago that he would never play the part of Data again, due to the premise that androids should never age?

Sure, but this guy is probably available. He seems to do just about anything today to make a buck. Kinda like a modern day Jerry Mathers.

7e14ef06cc5ad636854a4e33ff02b9e9_400x400 (resized).jpeg7e14ef06cc5ad636854a4e33ff02b9e9_400x400 (resized).jpeg
    #82 5 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

I am a huge Star Trek fan. All the shows, all the movies, all the lore. Until Discovery. I get it, it is all about the money. But I'm already paying CBS through my cable company. I'm already paying Netflix, because I like their service. But I will not ever pay for CBS All-Access. I won't pirate it, I will not ever do anything to support any new streaming service that just wants to leverage my viewing like that. Other companies have tried, and I said no. This is just the latest one. They could have the hot Uhura from the reboot making out with a yummy green Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy and I still wouldn't pay to watch it.
    [quoted image]
    (you know you want to see them kiss)

If I was paying for cable I would probably be annoyed too. Discovery was not enough by itself for me to pay for CBS All Access, but the possibility of more Trek shows is exciting. It will be a long time before I sign up, not until Picard's show.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Patrick Stewart said that Picard may no longer be a captain and be very different from what we remember as 20 years has passed. Hmmm, that sounds like what led to Mark Hamill's character Luke Skywalker being treated the way he was in The Last Jedi, lol. Please don't let that happen here. The last thing the fans want is to see Jean-Luc living on some random island and hating the world.

In season 1 of STNG Picard is offered to be headmaster at the Academy. Maybe he takes it and the new show is a screwball college comedy with strict headmaster Jon Luc. I'd watch the hell out of that...

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

In season 1 of STNG Picard is offered to be headmaster at the Academy. Maybe he takes it and the new show is a screwball college comedy with strict headmaster Jon Luc. I'd watch the hell out of that...

Picard puts Kirk's old fraternity on double-secret probation. I see the possibilities there ...

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Just have his memory banks uploaded to a computer, he can be Picard's SIRI.

#86 5 years ago
    ch (resized).jpgch (resized).jpg
    #87 5 years ago
    Quoted from Toasterdog:

I don’t have cable and I watch CBS all access on my Apple TV.

I stand corrected. I do pay for DirectTV Now. 30/month for like 40 basic cable channels. I guess that green lights me for CBS All-access

#88 5 years ago

I hope they explore what Picard did with his 5 tickets leftover from the carnival.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #89 5 years ago
    Quoted from dos_reboot:

I hope they explore.. .

"You'll get nothing and like it! "

#90 5 years ago
    Quoted from Frippertron:

Just curious, what is your daughter's name? Mine is Iliana. Named after Nana Visitor's Cardassian character Iliana Gamor and actress Ileanna Douglas. I always liked that name.

We named our daughter after Nana Visitor's Bajoran character Kira Nerys.

We agreed on the name Kira (not because of DS9), but then I tied it in by combining her grandmother's names (Marcella and Jeanice) to make her middle name, Marice.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patrick-stewart-returns-as-jean-luc-picard-/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.