Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pahuffman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-61.jpg
    Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Great news.
    I try to ask a few top level questions when considering the value of something to the pinball community:
    1) Is this good for the growth of pinball?
    2) Will this help add to the body of american art history known via pinball?
    With regards to licensed rehashed fan layout themes, I have these three questions:
    1) Is it good for the growth of pinball to keep churning out licensed themes based on movies/music/tv shows?
    2) Should pinball still be considered an art form, when it re-uses a licensed art theme? Is that art? When I look back on pinball machines re-hashing movie art 30 years from now, will I feel like that machine's art package is capturing the look, feel, and sound of 2015?
    3) Is it good for pinball to keep re-using nearly the same fan layout and just change the theme every few months?
    I'm happy for Riot Pinball and JJP for having the cojones to do a non-licensed theme. Are these the only two companies willing to try it in 2015?
    -mof

Wow. Sounds like your picking out a lawnmower. Your list reminds me of the scene from Dead Poets Socienty where the textbook suggests measuring poetry on a graph to determine its "greatness"

I have 1 question that I ask:

Is it fun.

1 month later
    #162 9 years ago
    Quoted from SadSack:

Clearly you are misunderstanding the fundamentals of business in a capitalist system. Many products have long development cycles. That doesn't mean the customer has to pay for it. If you can't develop a legitimate business plan to draw the capital investment required to produce the product, you really aren't a legitimate business. You're are more of a dream seller taking advantage of uninformed cultists.

Good lord... No one is more critical of the prepay model than me, but aren't there enough OTHER threads to discuss that?

Plus, WoZ is just about ready to complete shipping, so you're a little late predicting doom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lowepg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlors-new-jjp-machine-progress-update?tu=lowepg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.