Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pahuffman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-61.jpg
    Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#165 9 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Nothing is automatic. Lawlor doesn't mean instant classic. But I do think it's a bit unfair to judge him based on games made during the dark years at Stern, when the games were stuck with crap licenses and low budgets and everyone was struggling. JJP will probably give him much more free reign with the BOM compared to those years (and a price tag to go with it I'm sure, for better or for worse) and an original theme has the potential to let him work his creativity.
    As with any game I suggest keeping your wallet closed until you can play it.

I disagree. Some of the best games to come out of stern happened in those years. LOTR and TSPP ? Sopranos? His games all kinda blow ass. Only one I like out of the Stern years is RBION. I used to be a big Lawlor fan before I even knew who Lawlor was. Only games I wanted when I got into this hobby was ES, FH, TAF, and TZ. Then I was done. Look how that turned out. Had all those games and now I don't even own one of them. :/ Still love those games. Think they are brilliant. But all his shit feels the same. I had all 4 and all 4 felt like the same damn game. so 2 had to go. I think he's lost his edge. I think John B is better at not copying himself and open to more original layouts. Who made swords of fury, or Dungeons and Dragons, even Blackwater 100, or Escape from Lost world? Those games are unique as shit. Get those people to make a game that is out of the cookie cutter box.

#171 9 years ago

24 could have actually been a good game. Layout isn't bad, but the software rules are not that good. Has enough inserts in the center of the playfield, that it could be a lot more complex and deep, but just isn't. A software overhaul could make it a half ass game into a great game.

CSI just feels cheap all around. Nothing really satisfying about it, but at least the layout is original and unique. Kind of reminds me of the cluttered late 80's gottlieb games, like Gold Wings.

#177 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

sorry that this isn't an update but... am i the only one that's starting to worry about what this game will end up msrp-ing? Stern looks like they raised the LE bar to $8595 now and I can't help but think JJP will be $9K plus. Will we see a $10K LE with this?
    Sorry about speculating in an update thread.

I don't think so, we already see people stopped buying a lot from the last price hike. Everything has been dropping. Personally, I think everyone is sick of the constant price increases, especially when they are already stupidly high. They pushed the bar too far and it's pissed a lot of people off. I'm sure they won't acknowledge that the lack of sales are due to their greed. They will chalk it up to poor economy or to many pinball companies or some bullshit.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlors-new-jjp-machine-progress-update?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.