Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 93 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pahuffman
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-61.jpg
    Crazy-Horse-Memorial-2.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#83 9 years ago
    Quoted from DaveH:

Jack can't blow his nose without people complaining about which nostril it was shipped through. Yet he built an amazing game.

Riiiiiight. People are just complaining about the most ridiculous things, huh? WOZ customers had nothing legitimate to complain about ... just a bunch of whiners.

And P.S - Although Jack can be credited with allowing a talented team to do whatever they want ... Jack didn't build the game. Which is probably one reason he was making such ridiculous and unrealistic ship date declarations to us.

#86 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Dude just stop please. I've sat on the sidelines and haven't said a word but it's gotten old real quick. You don't have any information about what happened and why. Most of what you say is just as speculative as everything else you read but it's touted as factual and is extremely condescending to those of us who busted our butts to make a great game/company. Love him or Hate him, without jack's no compromise way there likely wouldn't have been a game at all or one that would have been "meh". At this point please just lay down the sword. The LE games are just about done. That situation in AUS is about to come to a close and the hobbit is right around the corner with more of the no compromise way of doing things but lessons learned and processes improved.

Alex, how about you lay down the sword? I don't have "any information" ?? Well that sums up JJP doesn't it? I've heard all of the excuses from Jack, most notably the one about the issue with the cabinets. It wasn't my business decision to trust one person with a process you couldn't get from any other supplier. It wasn't my business decision that JJP needed to create their own boards and architecture from game one instead of using something like P-ROC. And it wasn't my decision to hold back as much information regarding the lighting issues as was done (just to name a few). How do you excuse jack from stating in April of 2012 that JJP was looking to have a prototype in July and ship shortly thereafter? Either he knew that was a complete lie (or at best an unrealstic likelihood) or he was just that bad of a project manager. Even up until 6 months ago he was giving folks unrealistic ship dates. It was Jack's decision to exclude promised LE-only features such as a mirrored backglass and an INTERACTIVE topper (no?). It WAS Jack's decision to announce a new limited (now just a "special" edition) 75th anniversary edition (a slap in the face.) It continues to be Jack's decision to provide as little information on Hobbit as possible (what exactly are those LE featues?!?). Everyone is just trusting everything is on schedule with Hobbit and games will start shipping in December as promised. Because really, if it was anything else Jack would be communicating that to every pre-paid person right now, right? So there is no reason to think games won't be shipping in mass in December, right?

I happily traded my Hobbit order to TaTa and have in an email a guarantee from JJP that he will get one of the first 15 games. I honestly hope he gets his game in December.

#88 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

At least he knows he's crazy

Right. Because I'm not afraid to speak my mind against the "JJP can do no wrong" lovers, I'm crazy. Hey, I respect all ways of life ... if you enjoy taking it up the butt that's fine by me. Carry on, nothing to see here.

#134 9 years ago
    Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I
    'm so glad they hired Pat and that he's doing an original theme. Can't wait to see what he designs!

I'm always here to raise the obvious discussion ... why does everyone think Lawlor's next game is an automatic winner? Grand Prix? Nascar?? Monopoly?!? These are not some of the most collectible games around (despite some folks inevitably showing up to say they "think so and so is a great game"). It could be hit or miss. I really wish we had more talented young blood in the hobby to rave about then relying on old history (no offense Pat, sorry.)

#147 9 years ago

I wonder who will be making the "toys" on his game.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CraZ4Pin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlors-new-jjp-machine-progress-update?tu=CraZ4Pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.