(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Wow! Awesome News. I love that he will get to do his own machine and not a forced liscense product that Stern makes their designers do.

I think Stern has done a great job choosing their licenses. Don't think Stern "forced" SR to do AC/DC and Star Trek…he was involved in the decision.

#147 10 years ago
    Quoted from Melicon:

Pat has designed many of my favorite games to play, but unless he has some new tricks up his sleeves, the news is just average. Games recently produced by Pat were okay and I believe there was a recent time where Pat said something along the lines of pinball being dead. This leads me to think that the passion is no longer there. This game being something incredible would be like an 80's rock band being able to write and play #1 songs this year (not impossible but also not probable). I look forward to what will be produced but I can honestly say that this news is not exciting to me.

Couldn't agree more. I love my TZ, but can't say I'm a huge fan of Pat's body of work in general. I was more excited by Dennis Nordman joining JJP, and he didn't last long. The silent departure was kind of odd. Certainly hope the new collaboration between JJP and Pat is more fruitful. I can't imagine coming out of retirement is going to be easy…hope it works out for him.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp?tu=snaroff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.