(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#150 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No, that was Louis Koziarz, and I believe Graham West and Duncan Brown IIRC. I was working on Playboy.

welcome back, we missed you.

#153 10 years ago
    Quoted from Melicon:

Pat has designed many of my favorite games to play, but unless he has some new tricks up his sleeves, the news is just average. Games recently produced by Pat were okay and I believe there was a recent time where Pat said something along the lines of pinball being dead. This leads me to think that the passion is no longer there. This game being something incredible would be like an 80's rock band being able to write and play #1 songs this year (not impossible but also not probable). I look forward to what will be produced but I can honestly say that this news is not exciting to me.

you have to remember that when pat said pinball was dying it was in bad shape. stern was cutting to bare bones games.steve Ritchie had left stern and things looked bad for pinball. add to that pat and steve having issues with where stern was going with their designs and forcing the designers to cut corners and build games on crappy themes. hopefully, jjp has the good sense to give pat and team a blank check and free reign to create a great game that will unleash the fury of god on the public and make everyone want to go play pinball again.

#155 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, notice that the licenses being picked these days are NOT flash in the pan movies or short lived TV shows. They're all iconic, nostalgic, evergreen properties that transcend decades (WOZ, Hobbit, Star Trek, AC/DC, Metallica, Avengers, Mustang, etc etc etc)
    Lawlor has clout among pinball fans - you'll "sell to the base" with him at the helm. You won't get non pinhead NIB orders like you would with something like Metallica that has a rabid fanbase. Jack's still trying to build location play…so, theoretically - if WOZ is big on location…and then if Hobbit is big on location…operators will take a chance on a JJP original theme - players (and potential buyers) will find it on location and love it enough to buy one. That's a lot of "if"s - but I think that's the logic behind it. Unlicensed requires a more of a long-term plan for success.

you do make some good points. most of the public cant think for themselves so if its a movie,band etc they know it makes sense to them. the flipside to that is funhouse. original theme. it still does well on location and people who are not pinball people will play it because its just so cool. hopefully, they can come up with a game like that that will catch people off guard and get them to put money into it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrgone.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp?tu=mrgone and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.