(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevin_LHeureux.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

That the news folks!

Original design and theme for the game. One can assume that this was the design that Pat brought to jack at expo a couple of years back that was near complete.

The big question is.... How many heads will it have?

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

So..... end of 2015 release?

Pats game "should" be pretty far along so hopefully the development and production can run side by side with the other teams development efforts. Can we keep the assembly line moving briskly with the new VC? Let's hope so.

#47 10 years ago

What are the chances that we get a game with a Wizardly cool theme??? That would be EPIC!

#85 10 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

Pat did design Wizard Blocks.... and Keith Johnson (who is at JJP), I believe, did the code for WB. Is that "Wizardly cool" enough?

Exactly my point.

3 weeks later
    #197 10 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

pat is getting all sorts of love fore the games he did over 20 years ago his last 5 games Rollercoaster Tycoon, rbion Nascar , FG and CSI not the best games out there not even the best Stern games

Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a Lawlor fan and the Stern are games we definitely my least favorite of his titles. That being said I am excited to see what kind of innovative design Pat can come up with now that he will not be so limited by time and budget as he was at Stern. Hopefully the JJP resources will give Pat some of the Williams magic back into his new design.

#202 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

I was hoping for the same thing... but he may not have the unlimited resources at JJP that folks imagine either...
    Now that financial problems have forced JJP to take on a partner/investor, the VERY next thing that is seen is a cost-cutting move to change clear coated cabinets to (admittedly nice, but certainly cheaper) decals?? Suggesting this was for "greater serviceability" is insulting so lets just be honest, they were trimming cost.... It happens.
    MOST of my all-time favorite titles have been PL designs.... I'm hoping he can regain his lost mojo as well.

I guess we will just have to wait and see. It's all conjecture at this point. Here's hoping that Pat and JJP knock if out of the park.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Kevin_LHeureux.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp?tu=Kevin_LHeureux and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.