(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 9 years ago

Does anyone else find it a disgrace that Jack went with Pat's first game pitch and did not want to hear Pat's other ideas.

#302 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Does anyone else find it a disgrace that Jack went with Pat's first game pitch and did not want to hear Pat's other ideas.

Being a bit harsh there. Thats the version for the story. We have no idea how it all really went. So why judge.

#303 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

No.

#304 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

This is definitely keeping me up at night.

#305 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is definitely keeping me up at night.

Sweaty sheets waking up yelling "Disgrace DISGRACE!!!!"

#306 9 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Being a bit harsh there. Thats the version for the story. We have no idea how it all really went. So why judge.

This whole thread is based on how fantastic Pat's games are yet the recent topic of discussion is the article that states just that.

#307 9 years ago

EK, you can't get enough can't you?!?

#308 9 years ago
    Quoted from HENSBROOKER:

EK, you can't get enough can't you?!?

Pretty sad isn't it?

#309 9 years ago

I actually think going with the first, if it was that good, is a great idea. Then, if it's successful, you ask him, "Hey...what was #2 and #3 gonna be?"

#310 9 years ago

I just wanna know which pinhead has the time to piss in ek's cornflakes every morning or is it done on a rotational basis?

#311 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

"Hey...what was #2 and #3 gonna be?"

Future JJP games ?

LTG : )

#312 9 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I actually think going with the first, if it was that good, is a great idea. Then, if it's successful, you ask him, "Hey...what was #2 and #3 gonna be?"

Agreed, I would have also thought that Pat would have pitched his best idea first anyway, the one that he would have always wanted to do, can't think why anyone would go in and try and wow with anything less than the number 1 idea unless he had multiple #1s of course.

Also why would Jack then say Pat no deal why don't we do the number 8 idea on your list, that you are not excited about, because that sounds random enough to be a winner?

#313 9 years ago

It seems to me when you don't take ten minutes to look at other quality games once again it shows poor management.

#314 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

It seems to me when you don't take ten minutes to look at other quality games once again it shows poor management.

Ancient dude looking at the Mona Lisa: "Yeah, she's cute, but what else ya got?"

#315 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

OR... Maybe, MAYBE, it's having enough confidence in the idea that was presented to you first and the idea the designer wants to work on the most and gets him most passionate is the best way to go?

I know, it's hard for you to see any good in JJP since you spend every waking moment trying to take shots at us.

#316 9 years ago

Likely three games will come out of his ideas.

#317 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

JJP: "Hey I'd li...
    PL: "3rd in disaster series"
    JJP: "Well as douchebags tell me...."
    PL: "3rd in disaster series"
    JJP: "DONE!"

#318 9 years ago

Didn't he jump on woz without hearing other options?

#319 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

OR... Maybe, MAYBE, it's having enough confidence in the idea that was presented to you first and the idea the designer wants to work on the most and gets him most passionate is the best way to go?
    I know, it's hard for you to see any good in JJP since you spend every waking moment trying to take shots at us.

Just got my latest issue of Replay magazine (or was it Play Meter), and noticed you had a nice mention in it for all of your great pinball coding work.
    Congrats cousin. From all your family here in Texas.
    And to stay on topic a bit, I am very excited to see what Pat has up his sleeves.

#320 9 years ago

I hope its a deep sea like theme. With sharks, and a giant octopus toy with arms throwing and catching balls, and other sea monsters.

#321 9 years ago

I wouldn't mind a train theme.

#322 9 years ago

Yeah lord, that can be fun too. Good one.

#323 9 years ago
    Quoted from lordloss:

I wouldn't mind a train theme.

I was on a train during an earthquake once. I could see a train/disaster pin.

#324 9 years ago
    Quoted from jfh:

I was on a train during an earthquake once. I could see a train/disaster pin.

Or an evil conductor aspect that might be fun as well

#325 9 years ago

Night train zombiemode with guns and roses night train song, lol.

#326 9 years ago

I really think Pat should consider doing Betty Crocker's Easy Bake Oven: The Pinball. Fun for the whole family, and what better way to get the wife and daughters involved than to make a pin that's heavy on hot pink?

DING! Fudge brownie multiball!!!

#327 9 years ago
    Quoted from ek77:

Here is what I can say with confidence: Pat Lawlor's next game will be awesome; Ek's next post will be (as always) asinine.

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.