(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.
    #251 10 years ago
    Quoted from lowepg:

It may survive with SUPER limited boutique manufacturing, but not mainstream....
    No sense burying NIBs underground yet, I still think it's got a good decade or so left....

If most people are honest about it, this is true, I'd give it 10-20 years left with the "super limited boutique" hanging in there.

Unless they can make a "stacker" or "toy crane" pinball machine with a game time of 20 seconds I think its in trouble. Enjoy it while its here!

#252 10 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

almost bankrupted Gameworks in Schaumburg when Zach Sharpe cleaned out the entire redemption counter with one credit.

That... is... HILARIOUS!
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    You been playing pinball for four hour.. YOU GO NOW!

#253 10 years ago

I am just saying...

Untitled-589.pngUntitled-589.png
    #254 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Ticket Tac Toe stack 3 in a row.

Is this an STLE thread now?

#255 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

This is a definite. My kids will not build an arcade in their basement.
    I'm in a pinball league and I do think there is room for growth there, but competitive pinball will not carry the whole thing, but it can only help.
    Barcades are a nostalgia thing, not unlike "Cafe 80s" from Back to the Future Part 2, we're almost at the year of 2015, but I don't see them keeping everything afloat either.

Yes, but kids are still interested in some sort of man-cave/gameroom and as ever it is still focused around movies, bar and skill games such as pool, darts, card table, and a video/pinball game or two. Most bars still do well with Golden Tee and Silver Strike. Even better evidence is the 21 year olds appear to enjoy barcades as much as anyone who actually grew up in the arcade era. There's some hope in all of that.

In other words people still like to go out to casually play games together and/or compete... and therein lies the key--a public gathering place with activities. Can pinball still fit in? Sure...leagues and tournaments help a lot, but the casual player also needs that immediate attraction and follow-up gratification that brings them back for more. I don't think redemption is it, because no one likes them enough to put in their house.

2 months later
    #256 9 years ago

After reading through this thread, I really wish it was still going. Has anyone heard any rumors on theme/design? Or have something they can tell us without risking their employment? If not, when do you think we'll hear the first details about Lawlors' new game?

#257 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpecialWhenLit:

After reading through this thread, I really wish it was still going. Has anyone heard any rumors on theme/design? Or have something they can tell us without risking their employment? If not, when do you think we'll hear the first details about Lawlors' new game?

It is the next in the line of disaster series (i.e. think ES think WW). It will have at least 3 flippers and a 2 part jackpot shot which requires a set up shot combined with a somewhat difficult 3rd flipper shot. It will have a great and unique feel/ pf design. It will have some very cool interactive toys, 1 of which has not been seen before in pinball.

It will possibly be the best game PatL has made in the past 20 years!

#258 9 years ago

where did all this info come from Whysnow? especially the disaster series?

#259 9 years ago

Now THAT'S a refreshingly detailed response!

#260 9 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

where did all this info come from Whysnow? especially the disaster series?

Discussions I have had with people whom know more than I do. I have triangulated to the above and am very excited to see what comes from the brain of PatL!

#261 9 years ago

Deep Impact -the pinball?

#262 9 years ago

Pompeii,
    Instead of a shooter lane, the pinball gets spit out of a volcano. First in pinball.

#263 9 years ago

JJP has no plans to switch to normal body pinball machines do they? Here's hoping it's a widebody with an upper flipper that can do more than one shot.

#264 9 years ago

JJP has no plans to switch to normal body pinball machines do they? Here's hoping it's a widebody with an upper flipper that can do more than one shot.

I thought there was a post about #3 being a standard body? I actually would prefer a WB for PatL to play with, but my understanding is that the design he came with in his head was intended for a standard???

#265 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It is the next in the line of disaster series (i.e. think ES think WW). It will have at least 3 flippers and a 2 part jackpot shot which requires a set up shot combined with a somewhat difficult 3rd flipper shot. It will have a great and unique feel/ pf design. It will have some very cool interactive toys, 1 of which has not been seen before in pinball.

Ok, so disaster series, huh. I wonder if the red button thing will come into play in this game? With that in mind, perhaps a nuclear disaster? Not exactly a natural disaster. Just thinking out loud here. What other kind of natural disasters are there? Flood, tsunami, volcano, meteor strike? I think it has to tie in with the red button.

#266 9 years ago

Just thought of another natural disaster...wildfires.

#267 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was zombies or game of thrones....

#268 9 years ago

Or have something they can tell us without risking their employment?

I can tell you this much, without risking employment.

I have no idea.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I never ask either. That way if something leaks, I didn't know and it didn't come from me.
    Double Dog Disclaimer : I'm as excited as anyone to find out what Pat's up to.

#269 9 years ago

I heard its masters of sex! Will even have a built in on the coin door with a shaker of course

#270 9 years ago
    Quoted from lllvjr:

I heard its masters of sex! Will even have a built in on the coin door with a shaker of course

So it will be the pinball version of this?

#271 9 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised when I heard the announcement but not quite excited. Since then, I have picked up both Funhouse and Twilight Zone. Now I am trying to figure out how I might be able to afford yet another pin (which, practically speaking, means asking what I would have to sell, which hopefully would not include either FH or TZ). I hope Pat hits it out of the park.

#272 9 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

#273 9 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I can tell you this much, without risking employment.
    I have no idea.
    LTG : )
    Disclaimer : I never ask either. That way if something leaks, I didn't know and it didn't come from me.
    Double Dog Disclaimer : I'm as excited as anyone to find out what Pat's up to.

I already know what I need to know about it. I love WOZ. The game is a blast, and the rules are insanely good. So in my head when I give Pat a shot at that type of platform... Everything I come up with makes me want to put one right next to my WOZ.

#274 9 years ago

If Pat hits it out if the park, I'll make sure I'm on the other side to catch it and take it home...

#275 9 years ago

this is the machine i really want to see in my collection along with an iron maiden pin from stern.first made first paid. my enthusiasm is tempered by the fact i can't imagine this pin ready for purchase for at least 5 years, glaciers move faster then pins at jjp unfortunately.

#276 9 years ago
    Quoted from vex:

glaciers move faster

so you're saying this is a global warming pin?

#277 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

It is the next in the line of disaster series (i.e. think ES think WW).

Interesting.

However, I thought WoZ already WAS part of the disaster series

#278 9 years ago

Volcano with Tommy Lee Jones

#279 9 years ago

I don't think Jack even knows what the theme of Pats game is.

#280 9 years ago
    Quoted from JerseyJack:

Nice dig at Stern as Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are likely future Sterns

The question all of us want to know is expected release date? 2015 or 2016?

#281 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

The question all of us want to know is expected release date? 2015 or 2016?

you expect jjp to know the release date? they can't even figure out when people are getting their wozle machines that are still owed.

#282 9 years ago

I'm hoping the theme will be announced by the time Hobbit begins production in December.

#283 9 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

Man, dude can't even make a joke about his own company without someone thinking he is making a dig at Stern.

#284 9 years ago

I'm already saving up $$$ for the new Lawler machine.

#285 9 years ago
    Quoted from solarvalue:

Man, dude can't even make a joke about his own company without someone thinking he is making a dig at Stern.

Exactly. That wasn't even close to a dig at stern.

#286 9 years ago

I just hope it's a ways out yet....because it will be a must have for me, and will take awhile to rebuild my pin budget...

#287 9 years ago

So supposing this could get done and start shipping in... November 2015... that means at a price of $8000 we'd need to save 500 per month for 16 months.

#288 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinchroma:

Exactly. That wasn't even close to a dig at stern.

When Ritchie's next game is rumored Game of Thrones and Borg's next is the Walking Dead it was indeed a dig at Stern!!!!

#289 9 years ago

We give the guy a hard time he is entitled to a few jokes.

#290 9 years ago

I keep seeing this thread updated and I get really hyped up and then I some in here and there is no real update....bummer.

#291 9 years ago

I agree with the majority of these posts, we probably wont know anything official about this pin until TH is in production. They wouldn't want to give people much time to consider backing out of their pre-orders (to whatever extent that's possible) no matter how awesome the Hobbit is going to be.

2 weeks later
    #293 9 years ago

So if I'm reading correctly, it will be an unlicensed theme? That's good news. I've been tired of Stern more or less limiting themselves to rock bands and movies.

#294 9 years ago

Maybe JJP is taking a page out of Sterns book. Have the machines ready on the assembly line right after the big announcement.

#295 9 years ago
    Quoted from asay:

So if I'm reading correctly, it will be an unlicensed theme?

Haven't been paying attention but I *thought* it was going to be the 3rd disaster theme....but people around here might have just been hoping for that, and not actually heard it?

#296 9 years ago
    Quoted from TaTa:

Maybe JJP is taking a page out of Sterns book. Have the machines ready on the assembly line right after the big announcement.

It might happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt.
    ww.jpgww.jpg

#297 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I'm hoping the theme will be announced by the time Hobbit begins production in December.

This never happens. Pinball manufacturers do not publicize "next up" themes while hyping and selling their newest release.

I'm pretty excited. A non-licensed theme with Pat doing his thing...could really be something special.

#298 9 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball manufacturers do not publicize "next up" themes while hyping and selling their newest release.

Uhh, except when it's Hobbit announced before WOZ's are for sale.

#299 9 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Uhh, except when it's Hobbit announced before WOZ's are for sale.

Uhh, I think it was a joke.

#300 9 years ago

When it comes to this stuff, it's ALWAYS a joke.

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.