5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNavidad
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.
    #101 5 years ago

Pat has the best selling Pin, no one can take that away from him. But Steve is the best selling designer of all time, and Stern has him.

Pat's Adams Family is 21K + with Gold edition, plus 15K+ for Twilight Zone and 10K+ for Funhouse.

Top 3 Pat titles, 46K+

Steve has 19K+ with Flash, an another couple of 17K+ with High Speed and Firepower.

Top 3 Steve titles, 53K+

Pat drops below 5 figures after that, while Steve still has and additional 5 different 5 figure Pins after that!

Anyway, these two are the best, and Pat still has bragging rights on Adams Family, but Steve overall has produced more sales.

#102 5 years ago

Lawlor makes innovative designs. That's what we need IMO.Twilight Zone and Family Guy are two of my favorites.

#103 5 years ago

Well, his widebody games are awesome! RS and TZ. Nice.

#104 5 years ago

Wow...glad to see Pat Lawlor back in pinball. Fantastic news.

#105 5 years ago

Regardless of who is best, it brings a smile to my face to see the top designers in history actively making new games for us.

#106 5 years ago
    Quoted from Olddragon:

Regardless of who is best, it brings a smile to my face to see the best designers actively making new games for us.

Absolutely.

#107 5 years ago

C'mon, guys. I love Pat Lawlor like any other pinhead. TZ is far and away my favorite pin of all time. TAF is top 5 for me too. But let's face it. This is not an automatic slam dunk. Lawlor has had some duds in recent years. Maybe he's got one great pin left in him. We'll see.

What do you like better, Paul McCartney compositions on Revolver or New?

#108 5 years ago

Anyone post the vid yet?

#109 5 years ago

Good for you Pat! One of my favorite designers, if he did not go to work for the devil incarnate I would be chomping at the bit for this. Best of luck patient preorders.

#110 5 years ago
    Quoted from mrbillishere:

The announcement is Epic because the pinball majority has been wondering why Pat hasn't come back to the the coin-op pinball industry for a long time. I'm sure he had his reasons and that's completely cool and none of my business. BUT for Jack to bring him on board is quite the newsworthy item.

Valid point! I think the most of us will agree that Jack made a very goos first machine and the second shows to be the same if not better. Actually for Jack to reach out and hire Pat, to me, shows Jack is committed to making the best machine possible. He could have easily stuck with the team he has and saved some cash as I am certain Pat is not working for minimum wage!

#111 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone post the vid yet?
    » YouTube video

Thanks Greg,that dude always sounds calm and relaxed!

#112 5 years ago

I'm very glad Mr. Lawlor will be designing an original themed pin for JJP. Great news and great for pinball to have Pat Lawlor back in the game designing pins. I hope he hits it out of the ball park!!!

#113 5 years ago

Pat makes great games! Love Addams, Gofers, Road Show, Funhouse, Family Guy ….even the ones I'm not into (TZ, Safecracker) have really cool and unique features going on.

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

#114 5 years ago

I heard the theme will be

"old man comes out of retirement to design pinball machine and cannot feign excitement in promo video"

Just Kidding ...

It's actually

FunHouse II - Revenge of the Rudy

#115 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

and Keith Johnson (who is at JJP), I believe, did the code for WB

No, that was Louis Koziarz, and I believe Graham West and Duncan Brown IIRC. I was working on Playboy.

#116 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone post the vid yet?

Well that animated intro was definitely epic, I liked the transition from the OMG TEXT IN SPACE to Pat sitting there blinking.

#117 5 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Unfortunately after almost three years not everyone can say that!

Luckily everyone will get their games. Myself and many others have gotten theirs and have been very happy. More games are shipping out every week.

#118 5 years ago

Passing on hobbit, mustang, and any remakes.

Game #3 has a chance to hit it big for jjp.

#119 5 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Pat's Adams Family is 21K + with Gold edition, plus 15K+ for Twilight Zone and 10K+ for Funhouse.

Top 3 Pat titles, 46K+

Steve has 19K+ with Flash, an another couple of 17K+ with High Speed and Firepower.

Top 3 Steve titles, 53K+

While I enjoy both designers games. I would take TAF, TZ, and FH over Steve's top 3 ANYDAY. Great news all around. Hope he makes his best game yet!

#120 5 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

I was going to ask if PL has ever designed a widebody. Then I looked quickly at IPDB and saw roadshow and felt a bit dumb. Then I did a more thorough search and felt way more dumb than that (Twilight Zone).
    Looking forward to hearing about the theme, seeing art, and getting other details.

Who said its going to be a widebody?

#121 5 years ago

Considering how the PL rumor was bang on, it's probably likely the Haunted House part of it is correct as well.

#122 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

While I enjoy both designers games. I would take TAF, TZ, and FH over Steve's top 3 ANYDAY. Great news all around. Hope he makes his best game yet!

Steve's top three are in different era's than Pat's.

However, in his next 5 are T2, Getaway, and STTNG!

#123 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Considering how the PL rumor was bang on, it's probably likely the Haunted House part of it is correct as well.

Wonder how it would compare to America's Most Haunted?

#124 5 years ago

I'm looking for the pre-order page.! ? These are going to be limited editions, yes? Got to get in now.!
    anyone with a link?

#125 5 years ago

Don't worry, it's coming! It's going to be huge! You won't believe it!

#126 5 years ago

I still think going with an "unlicensed" Pinball theme for a major company in 2014/2015 is quite the gamble. These things are supposed to go on location somewhere and illicit coin drops from the public.

There is definitely a segment of the collector's market that has been speaking out for this, fuelled by nostalgia from past eras of pinball. I don't know how big that segment is so I don't understand the business sense of this.

#127 5 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Steve's top three are in different era's than Pat's.
    However, in his next 5 are T2, Getaway, and STTNG!

Can't wait to own a STTNG!! Someday.

#128 5 years ago
    Quoted from Part_3:

Pat has the best selling Pin, no one can take that away from him. But Steve is the best selling designer of all time, and Stern has him.
    Top 3 Pat titles, 46K+
    Top 3 Steve titles, 53K+
    Pat drops below 5 figures after that, while Steve still has and additional 5 different 5 figure Pins after that!
    Anyway, these two are the best, and Pat still has bragging rights on Adams Family, but Steve overall has produced more sales.

No hire back Raymond Moloney! 75k one game!!!

Untitled.jpg
    #129 5 years ago

Biggest positive is unlicenced = original hand drawn art. No photoshoped images of people/movie scenes. Interested what they will put on the LCD screen as will be all original.

#130 5 years ago
    Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Who said its going to be a widebody?

Jack has said all JJP games will be widebodies. Granted that could change, but they put a lot of time and effort into their widebody cabinet design, I'd be surprised if they don't use it.

#131 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Anyone post the vid yet?
    » YouTube video

That video is EPIC. It has the feel of a hostage video with a cool intro... LOL

#132 5 years ago

Pat Lawlor for President !

#133 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Biggest positive is unlicenced = original hand drawn art. No photoshoped images of people/movie scenes.

Which also means JJP is starting from scratch which has its own challenges.

#134 5 years ago

Very cool news. I'm not in the NIB market but this might persuade me.

#135 5 years ago

I could not ask for a better announcement. Finally a new pinball machine not based on some obligatory IP. This is the dream folks. I will be putting in an order on day 1

#136 5 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Which also means JJP is starting from scratch which has its own challenges.

Unless Pat's already designed/prototyped it!

#137 5 years ago

Love PL ==> Banzai Run, Whirlwind, TZ

Love SR==> STTNG, SM, ACDC, STLE

Pinball is better with them in it. Welcome back Pat Lawlor.

#138 5 years ago

Meh.. not a fan of TZ or TAF.. except the good news is JJP might start making games that are less "kid" based themes.. very glad to hear it's no Muppets or Harry Potter!
    ... maybe the rumour about Led Zeppelin is true from Stern.. would take that in a hearbeat..

#139 5 years ago

Like I said its NOT GOING TO BE THE HOBBIT.

#140 5 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

I still think going with an "unlicensed" Pinball theme for a major company in 2014/2015 is quite the gamble. These things are supposed to go on location somewhere and illicit coin drops from the public.
    There is definitely a segment of the collector's market that has been speaking out for this, fuelled by nostalgia from past eras of pinball. I don't know how big that segment is so I don't understand the business sense of this.

Get the right marketing campaign coupled with a good showing on social media sites and word of mouth and that is way more powerful than any here today gone tomorrow Movie tie in, game/theme has to hit the mark though

Great to get an original non licenced PIN for a change, just hope they don't go overboard on the originality like a PIN you sit on or in, more a pushing the envelope level of ingenuity on top of the JJP journey.

#141 5 years ago

Love JJP. Love many Lawlor Games. I am a true lover of pinball... And yet I find this announcement decidedly UN-Epic. Especially the video that goes along with it. Pat couldn't say, "Hi I'm excited to be working with JJP on an original theme" without reading it from a cue card??!! Maybe he was just nervous. Not exactly full of show biz pizazz!

I hope they make something great. That will make this announcement the prelude to something Epic... But this is not Epic news. It's good news for Lawlor, and JJP fans (of which I am both), but it's not Earth shattering news.

As for the McCartney comparison above... He's still amazing. If Pat's new work is as good as Paul's new work, then we're in good shape!

#142 5 years ago

Pat has designed many of my favorite games to play, but unless he has some new tricks up his sleeves, the news is just average. Games recently produced by Pat were okay and I believe there was a recent time where Pat said something along the lines of pinball being dead. This leads me to think that the passion is no longer there. This game being something incredible would be like an 80's rock band being able to write and play #1 songs this year (not impossible but also not probable). I look forward to what will be produced but I can honestly say that this news is not exciting to me.

#143 5 years ago
    Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Not exactly full of show biz pizazz!

That's Jack's job. He's great at pizazz.

#144 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Unless Pat's already designed/prototyped it!

Absolutely, true great designers never switch off, he will have a drawer full of ideas, notes, scribbles and fag packet designs/ideas all at varying stages I would wager, hmm unless he started watching soap operas/daytime TV then his mind is toast (give him the benefit of doubt after his video performance).

#145 5 years ago

the sale and trade of pinball machines that exist only in theory is the new state of pinball collecting. we should just have trading cards...save money.

#146 5 years ago

Ok.. Well.... I see alot of members very happy with this. I have problems with the epicness, never expected this.

After all those announcement for announcement jokes i expected more then just another announcement for a pin years away.

Dont get me wrong, its great news. But epic, its not in my humble view. Dissapointing for me.

Will never let myself get hyped by some stupid topic title anymore.

I will fail probably, lol.

#147 5 years ago
    Quoted from Melicon:

Pat has designed many of my favorite games to play, but unless he has some new tricks up his sleeves, the news is just average. Games recently produced by Pat were okay and I believe there was a recent time where Pat said something along the lines of pinball being dead. This leads me to think that the passion is no longer there. This game being something incredible would be like an 80's rock band being able to write and play #1 songs this year (not impossible but also not probable). I look forward to what will be produced but I can honestly say that this news is not exciting to me.

Couldn't agree more. I love my TZ, but can't say I'm a huge fan of Pat's body of work in general. I was more excited by Dennis Nordman joining JJP, and he didn't last long. The silent departure was kind of odd. Certainly hope the new collaboration between JJP and Pat is more fruitful. I can't imagine coming out of retirement is going to be easy…hope it works out for him.

#148 5 years ago
    Quoted from ralphwiggum:

That video is EPIC. It has the feel of a hostage video with a cool intro... LOL
    » YouTube video

That was just wrong,I hope those guys were set free and not beheaded.

#149 5 years ago

I'm very excited about this news, but for those saying this is the first original theme since the 90's, haven't you noticed Spooky Pinball has started production of America's Most Haunted? It's flying right under the radar. I'm not sure if going unlicensed will help sell games as you lose out on that existing fan base. It does make it more interesting to me, though, as long as the theme is a winner. It's better than some flash in the pan summer CGI blockbuster or short lived TV series that will be all but forgotten in 5-10 years.

#150 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinball_keefer:

No, that was Louis Koziarz, and I believe Graham West and Duncan Brown IIRC. I was working on Playboy.

welcome back, we missed you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 150.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    £ 80.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 79.00
    $ 115.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 11.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 209.99
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside