5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 327 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by CaptainNavidad
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So please explain to me why this is EPIC? I look at the "top 20 machines of all time list" and see that Pat designed 3 of them! So it is considered "EPIC" that he joined JJP or any manufacture? I am not bashing Pat at all I just don't find this to be an ordeal!!!
    None the less, hope JJP can produce a great game with Pat!!!

And one of those 3 he designed was the best selling pinball of all time....

#52 5 years ago

I'm cautiously optimistic that a game Pat has probably been thinking about for years will be something special. As long as he is given the resources to turn his ideas into reality.

#53 5 years ago

Msrp will be ...

#54 5 years ago

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they followed in the WOZ success and choose and Epic movie theme, or maybe a theme for a 2015 blockbuster movie that is expected to be out. Kind'a like what they're doing with Hobbit.

#55 5 years ago

Very exciting news.

#56 5 years ago

i can't believe none of you guys pointed out the incorrect spelling of "the addams family" in the official announcement! you're all losing your edge...

-jon

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they followed in the WOZ success and choose and Epic movie theme, or maybe a theme for a 2015 blockbuster movie that is expected to be out. Kind'a like what they're doing with Hobbit.

Nope, going to be an original theme. THANK GOD.

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So please explain to me why this is EPIC? I look at the "top 20 machines of all time list" and see that Pat designed 3 of them! So it is considered "EPIC" that he joined JJP or any manufacture? I am not bashing Pat at all I just don't find this to be an ordeal!!!

Banzai Run
    Whirlwind
    Funhouse
    Addams Family
    Twilight Zone

I think that says it all. At least for some of us.

#59 5 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Thanks Jack for not announcing the theme yet. I think that was for the best, at least until all WOZ are delivered and Hobbit starts shipping.
    I hope to have my WOZ soonish, and then will consider other titles once they are available.

Wow still no WOZ out in chantilly?? I know a couple VA peeps got theirs....you deserve it soon man!

#60 5 years ago

The 1st 100 games off the production line signed by all of them with a special plaque and authenticity cert and even comes with a factory tour...$12,500. That package would sell out in a minute.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Can't wait to see someone on pinside with 3 pre-orders and 0 machines

If I was able to give them a G today, I would. Making this pin the third!

#62 5 years ago

Crap I'm gunna need a bigger game room (and a 2nd job)

#63 5 years ago

FROM THE MAN WHO BROUGHT YOU ROLLER COASTER TYCOON AND NASCAR....

Really though, this is pretty awesome. I'm glad Pat is back in the game!

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from Concretehardt:

Crap I'm gunna need a bigger game room (and a 2nd job)

Haha! You and me both!

#65 5 years ago

I wonder if John Youssi will be doing the artwork?

#66 5 years ago

I was going to ask if PL has ever designed a widebody. Then I looked quickly at IPDB and saw Roadshow and felt a bit dumb. Then I did a more thorough search and felt way more dumb than that (Twilight Zone).

Looking forward to hearing about the theme, seeing art, and getting other details.

#67 5 years ago

I am overjoyed that it will be an unlicensed theme. The pinball world hasn't had a mass produced unlicensed game in a long time, to my knowledge. Definitely will be my first new in box to if I come up with the money

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from kcpinchip:

This only further confirms that pinball is going to continue to bring years more of enjoyment to everyone.

At least for those that can afford it......

#69 5 years ago

WOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!
    I don't even wanna see The Hobbit anymore!

#70 5 years ago

I for one think this Pat Lawlor joining the JJP team is EPIC news!

Congrats to both JJ & Pat. I believe with JJ's vision of making pinballs that stand out... Pat will probably hit another pinball out of the park.

I'm excited, can't wait for further news.

Kerry

#71 5 years ago

YAWWWWN...
    knew this in October. Where's the "EPIC" news? They keep saying Epic.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/
    Epic Pinball?

#72 5 years ago

Pinside will now need an even larger server.

#73 5 years ago

Hopefully Pat will join the Hobbit team and add his personal touches to the final product.

#74 5 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I think Stern has done a great job choosing their licenses. Don't think Stern "forced" SR to do AC/DC and Star Trek…he was involved in the decision.

Actually if you watch Stern's new FB video (8 min of ST production) Steve says that he "asked for Star Trek. I wanted Star Trek".

#75 5 years ago

10k by 2020!!!

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from dgoett:

YAWWWWN...
    knew this in October. Where's the "EPIC" news? They keep saying Epic.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0799949/
    Epic Pinball?

LMAO!!!

#77 5 years ago

Unless Pat has an Engineering Degree in Assembly Line Management,they still can't get the paid up boxes out the door any faster........

Good addition however.....

#78 5 years ago

Rolling Stones, The Who, Metalica, AC/DC.....LED ZEP!!!???

#79 5 years ago

This is a wait and see for me. Even once the theme is announced. I did order the WoZ once I saw and played it. I pre-ordered TH based on the theme alone (and based on the craftsmanship of WoZ). But I probably wouldn't pre-order an unlicensed theme. To be honest I was hoping it was SW or HP. Those are either in Stern's court or in the never going to happen court.

I do though wish the best for JJP and Pat. What is cool about this project is there isn't anyone to answer to except the CFO. So there is some level of excitement about that.

#80 5 years ago

Led Zep is coming down the pike with Stern later this year I heard....

#81 5 years ago

Hmm...which Stern game am I going to have to send out the door next to make room for this one?

#82 5 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Hmm...which Stern game am I going to have to send out the door next to make room for this one?

Why don't you just enjoy your Sterns for the next couple years before worrying about this title? They are actually REAL.

#83 5 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

What are the chances that we get a game with a Wizardly cool theme??? That would be EPIC!

Pat did design Wizard Blocks.... and Keith Johnson (who is at JJP), I believe, did the code for WB. Is that "Wizardly cool" enough?

#84 5 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Wolverine, or even WOZ in 2015 . . .said as someone looking to pick up an xm in the next 12 months.

#85 5 years ago
    Quoted from pinlynx:

Pat did design Wizard Blocks.... and Keith Johnson (who is at JJP), I believe, did the code for WB. Is that "Wizardly cool" enough?

Exactly my point.

#86 5 years ago
    Quoted from sleethering:

FROM THE MAN WHO BROUGHT YOU ROLLER COASTER TYCOON AND Nascar....

I'm thinking Pat may have been limited in how to approach these themes using a less than desirable budget to get it all accomplished. Looking back at Pat's work, his best games/themes have been with the support of Williams behind it. This time, he's partnered with Jack's team and may have a great degree of flexibility in seeing his vision of a better pinball machine become a reality.

#87 5 years ago
    Quoted from stretch2:

Led Zep is coming down the pike with Stern later this year I heard....

GET OUT!!! Really? I was kind of kidding. The music would be awesome just like AC/DC's, but I think that after a while, that has to get old playing the same songs over and over. These machines seem to throw a dozen full songs in the game. I'm tired of the songs on my I-Pod and there's about 2500 songs on that! It still would be cool though.

#88 5 years ago

I love Nascar!

#89 5 years ago

I might actually put in some money on thing.

#90 5 years ago

I'd vote for Game of Thrones.

#91 5 years ago

I really enjoy pat's games RBION is one of my favs. really looking forward to this

#92 5 years ago

Was Pat the guy on Wheel of Fortune with Vanna White?

#93 5 years ago
    Quoted from MurphyPeoples:

Actually if you watch Stern's new FB video (8 min of ST production) Steve says that he "asked for Star Trek. I wanted Star Trek".

+1000

Original themes do not necessarily equal coolness.

#94 5 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Why don't you just enjoy your Sterns for the next couple years before worrying about this title? They are actually REAL.

So is my WOZ and it's the best pinball machine I've ever owned

#95 5 years ago

we know, panzer, we know.

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

What do you guys think of maybe a brand new production run Twilight Zone with all the latest and greatest technology ala MM!?
    Now THAT would be AWESOME!!!
    Can you say...World's first NIB $10K pin?

Hope not. I dislike TZ.

Chris

#97 5 years ago

JJP should have waited until they were starting shipping this new game. So what if they wait a year to tell us pat made a game. They would announce the game and ship it a few weeks later like stern does. That would be exciting.

#98 5 years ago

Now JJP needs to bring back Dennis Nordman

THAT would be epic!

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

So is my WOZ and it's the best pinball machine I've ever owned

Unfortunately after almost three years not everyone can say that!

#100 5 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

The announcement is Epic because the pinball majority has been wondering why Pat hasn't come back to the the coin-op pinball industry for a long time. I'm sure he had his reasons and that's completely cool and none of my business. BUT for Jack to bring him on board is quite the newsworthy item.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 235.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 248.85
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9,000.00
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside