(Topic ID: 78314)

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

By Kevin_LHeureux

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ww.jpg
    Untitled-589.png
    0406-john-pinette-getty-4[1].jpg
    image-327.jpg
    image-87.jpg
    image-188.jpg
    image-896.jpg
    image.jpg
    Neo_still at it.jpg
    FS.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    gif.gif
    There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 10 years ago

That the news folks!

Original design and theme for the game. One can assume that this was the design that Pat brought to jack at expo a couple of years back that was near complete.

The big question is.... How many heads will it have?

#3 10 years ago

Jersey Jack Pinball Announces the Collaboration of their Next Machine with the Legendary Pinball Designer Pat Lawlor

Lakewood, New Jersey - January 24, 2014 - Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc., the industry leading designer and manufacturer of premium, no compromise pinball machines is very proud to announce the collaboration of their next machine with the legendary pinball designer Pat Lawlor. Pat is returning to Pinball to build an EPIC machine with JJP.

Pat Lawlor Joins the Jersey Jack Pinball Team!

Pat is well-regarded by millions of pinball enthusiasts around the world for what he has been able to create over the years like the best selling pinball machine "The Adams Family". Pat will have the help and support of the JJP team along with his long time teammate Ted Estes. It is our intention that Pat will be able to create a game that truly lets him explore the space of new technology available today in the JJP platform.

"The game will be an original idea enabling Pat and his Team to imagine and to create. If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine" said JJP Founder Jack Guarnieri.

Stay Tuned.....!

About Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
    Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. was founded in 2011 with a passion to build premium, no-compromise pinball machines. Games built with passion and games that are fun to play which will become treasured for years to come. The first game that Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. is building is The Wizard of Oz Pinball Machine. The game is now in full production with more than 700 games shipped as of December 2013. More games are popping up in commercial locations and in home game rooms all around the world. The company is in development of The Hobbit Pinball machine which will ship late in 2014.
    Contact

Jen Guarnieri, Marketing Coordinator
    Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc.
    1645 Oak Street Lakewood, NJ 08701
    P: (732) 364-9900 Ext 203
    [email protected]

#4 10 years ago

that was quick!

#6 10 years ago

Just got that email. I had to laugh at this line

"Pat is returning to Pinball to build an EPIC machine with JJP." Funny.

#7 10 years ago

Hell Yes!!!

#9 10 years ago

My brain just melted from that EPIC news

gif.gifgif.gif

#10 10 years ago

Wow! Awesome News. I love that he will get to do his own machine and not a forced liscensed product that Stern makes their designers do.

#11 10 years ago

Hopefully Pat can help build the rest of the WoZLE's !

#12 10 years ago

Original theme, Pat and Ted, Hells YES!!!

#13 10 years ago

Awesome!!!!!!!

#14 10 years ago

So..... end of 2015 release?

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Wow! Awesome News. I love that he will get to do his own machine and not a forced liscense product that Stern makes their designers do.

I think Stern has done a great job choosing their licenses. Don't think Stern "forced" SR to do AC/DC and Star Trek…he was involved in the decision.

#16 10 years ago

This is great news for resale prices of older games, as even more money will be tied up in the flurry of pre-orders for Pat's JJP game. Between this, MMR, STLE, Luci, and Ruby WOZ, the well might finally run dry.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Knew you couldn't resist saying something

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from mountaingamer:

Knew you couldn't resist saying something

You can handle it… I think.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from JoeJet:

If you are a true pinball enthusiast you are going to love this pinball machine

My favorite line.

#20 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Pats game "should" be pretty far along so hopefully the development and production can run side by side with the other teams development efforts. Can we keep the assembly line moving briskly with the new VC? Let's hope so.

#21 10 years ago

Can't wait to see someone on pinside with 3 pre-orders and 0 machines

#22 10 years ago

What I like the most is that the news wasn't immediately followed by payment options.

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Yes with delivery in 2019

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

First negative comment of the thread! I'm not surprised, haha.

#25 10 years ago

That is so great for the Pinball world. WTG JJP!!!

#26 10 years ago

Unlicensed themes are very cool. Unless it's an idea you don't care for, then it doesn't really matter. I'm excited about the idea in the abstract, but other than that it's pretty meaningless until they announce the title and show the playfield.

All the hype was really about Pinside, not Jack, so I think this announcement is cool, but until I see a game there's really not much else to say.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

What I like the most is that the news wasn't immediately followed by payment options.

That comes Monday!

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

First negative comment of the thread! I'm not surprised, haha.

Why is it negative? I'm serious! Get building Pat!

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Can't wait to see someone on pinside with 3 pre-orders and 0 machines.

At the current high NIB prices it is more likely to see a thread about "which pre-ordered machine are you cancelling in order to pre-order the Lawlor/JJP machine instead?"

#30 10 years ago

What do you guys think of maybe a brand new production run Twilight Zone with all the latest and greatest technology ala MM!?

Now THAT would be AWESOME!!!

Can you say...World's first NIB $10K pin?

#31 10 years ago

Big news indeed! JJP has assembled the ultimate pinball team with designers like Joe Balcer and Pat Lawlor and then having guys like Keith Johnson and Ted Estes on software.

Can't wait to hear more about the game. With JJP Pat will be able to throw in all the bells and whistles into his game.

#32 10 years ago

I am losing my mind over this -- guess I know what first NIB will be....

#34 10 years ago

Are preorders due this week?

#35 10 years ago

Wonder how long it will be before there's any info about what the game will actually be (theme/art/etc).

#36 10 years ago

So please explain to me why this is EPIC? I look at the "top 20 machines of all time list" and see that Pat designed 3 of them! So it is considered "EPIC" that he joined JJP or any manufacture? I am not bashing Pat at all I just don't find this to be an ordeal!!!

None the less, hope JJP can produce a great game with Pat!!!

#37 10 years ago

Incredibly Awesome news! This only further confirms that pinball is going to continue to bring years more of enjoyment to everyone. Can't imagine what coolness he will bring to JJP, it will be EPIC guaranteed!

#38 10 years ago

Start saving now gang! The first edition run of whatever these geniuses come out with will be a pinball for the ages. An absolute top collector piece for sure. I'm pre-ordering now. I don't care what it is. I want the first one off the line. I called it first! It'll be signed by them all too, guaranteed.

#39 10 years ago

This will be epic! Good thing I got some time to save money. 2015 title?

What I found funny is at the bottom of the email it said:
    Click here to Pre order the hobbit
    Click here to Pre order woz 75th anniversary
    Click here to Pre order woz

Where's the click here to get a pinball now? Hehe I only kid. All those numerous Pre order links will be order now links someday. can't wait for that day and watching jjp develop has been great.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinfidel:

Start saving now gang! The first edition run of whatever these geniuses come out with will be a pinball for the ages. An absolute top collector piece for sure. I'm pre-ordering now. I don't care what it is. I want the first one off the line. I called it first! It'll be signed by them all too, guaranteed.

Didn't Jack say no more LE's after The Hobbit?

#41 10 years ago

I'm guessing he must need the money.

#42 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So please explain to me why this is EPIC? I look at the "top 20 machines of all time list" and see that Pat designed 3 of them! So it is considered "EPIC" that he joined JJP or any manufacture? I am not bashing Pat at all I just don't find this to be an ordeal!!!

It's not JUST Pat, it's the WHOLE team that JJP is assembling over there. Nothing but good things can come from this. IMHO.

#43 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

So please explain to me why this is EPIC?

If you don't know why, i doubt anyone here can explain it to you. It's really quite simple. Either you get it or you don't. Not Bashing you or anything.

#44 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Yes they really need to hold back taking any payments until all the WOZ LE orders are filled. Heck maybe even wait till the Hobbit ships. The next game will be in 2015 I am assuming.

Not epic as everyone pretty much called it. People even mentioned it was haunted house type theme which was not mentioned in the announcement.

Pat and Ted were a heck of a team. Can they remove the dust and bring something incredible? I sure hope so

#45 10 years ago

Thanks Jack for not announcing the theme yet. I think that was for the best, at least until all WOZ are delivered and Hobbit starts shipping.

I hope to have my WOZ soonish, and then will consider other titles once they are available.

#46 10 years ago
    Quoted from meSz:

His best game ever made is ranked #45. Don't be fooled by rankings. Pat will create something epic for jjp and co.

#47 10 years ago

What are the chances that we get a game with a Wizardly cool theme??? That would be EPIC!

#48 10 years ago
    Quoted from jazzmaster:

Didn't Jack say no more LE's after The Hobbit?

You know how it goes, if the money is there, they'll do it. And the money will be there for sure.

Plus, he could always quote Bill Parcells' line..."I reserve the right to change my mind." = v )

#49 10 years ago

Congratulations to Jack and Pat. Hope Pat will come up with a great design.
    Interesting to see there is no pre-payment announcement

#50 10 years ago
    Quoted from hank527:

The next game will be in 2015 I am assuming.

Agreed.

There are 327 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-joins-jjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.