11.jpg
10.jpg
8-332.jpg
7-840.jpg
6-633.jpg
4-676.jpg
3-564.jpg
#1 10 years ago

First a little background for those that may not have read this earlier post!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/banzai-run-i-did-the-unthinkable

The title of the post says Pat Lawlor is great and this is true but not only because of his pinball designs but because he is a really nice person as well.

It turned out that he had read the prior post and felt bad that I didn't have the part needed to get the Banzai Run working 100%

What did he do? He sent me a note saying the he would send me a one off 3d printed replacement part that he had made.

He did this so that Modern Pinball NYC (Owned by his friend Steve Epstein) would finally have a working machine.

In the meantime I had already installed my beefed up part and will use Mr Lawlors part as a backup.

It may be framed next to the machine at MPNYC as it is a unique piece with great background to it.

All this leads up to a public thank you to Mr Lawlor a great designer and great man.

Here are the pics of the 3d printed part

3-564.jpg3-564.jpg 4-676.jpg4-676.jpg 5-815.jpg5-815.jpg 6-633.jpg6-633.jpg 7-840.jpg7-840.jpg 8-332.jpg8-332.jpg 10.jpg10.jpg 11.jpg11.jpg 12.jpg12.jpg 13.jpg13.jpg
#2 10 years ago

Nice. Modern Pinball is also great!

#3 10 years ago

OMG that is amazing. What a great guy!

#4 10 years ago

Three of my seven games are Lawlor games, and I have a couple others on my short list. Best pinball designer in history IMO. I hope to see him involved with some new titles.

#5 10 years ago

That's pretty damn awesome of Pat

#6 10 years ago

That's Awesome.

#7 10 years ago

Great ending to that story. I really enjoy my TZ and loved Pat's marathon interview on TOP. Hope to get more experience on some of his other pins sometime, including the next one.

#8 10 years ago

That is great! Also, fantastic news that Mr. Lawlor is actively reading pinside!!!
That should shut up the people that think he is no longer into pinball

If you are reading this, then lots of us are looking forward to you next game!!!!

#9 10 years ago

How cool is that! This is what I call Awesome customer service.

#11 10 years ago

I'd love to shake Pat's hand. Never met him but, like some other people in this hobby (Sharpe, Trudeau, JPOP, Nordman and many, many others) he just seems like a good guy.
I kept an eye peeled at Expo this year but didn't manage to catch a glimpse of him anywhere.

Great story!
Hope these parts get re-made soon.
I know the market isn't large, but as a BR owner, I'd be very interested.

#12 10 years ago

Wow! My favorite designer also a good dude love this. One day I will get a Banzai Run too. Pat if your reading this BR is the reason I joined this hobby. Hope you one day make a new game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 169.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 279.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,280.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Cumming, GA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Thetford Mines, QC
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 180.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,490.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-lawlor-is-great and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.