8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

aPat-Hand-Reset-Relay_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I recently acquired a Pat Hand machine that was not working. I have done a lot of checking and cleaning and seem close to having it work. When the credit switch is hit, it will zero the score but continues to run the score motor and the 1&2 and 3&4 reset coils continue to cycle. I also notice that the reset relay is staying energized. Hopefully, that is an indicator as to what is wrong. I do not have a schematic to see what is keeping the reset relay energized. Any help would be appreciated. I can post whatever picture would be beneficial.

#2 8 years ago

Have you gone through it and clean/lubed the step units? tightened switch stacks?
There are other switches along the line to satisfy the reset.
The ball count unit, player unit, credit unit, i think all have switches that need to be workin correctly.
and chk the coin switches also

#3 8 years ago

I would call Steve at pbresource.com and see about getting a schematic. I understand he's the go-to EM guy. It's going to be tough to fix without one.

#4 8 years ago

Hi sandslinger
I believe: on One or on Two, 3, 4 ... Score-Reel(s) the "Zero-Break-Switch" is / are faulty closed. If JUST ONE of them IS FAULTY-CLOSED: The Reset will not / never stop.

There are 16 (!) score-Reels to check - want to do a little test to prove me "right" or to prove me "wrong" ?

Unplug the 110 VAC Line Cord (safety reason). Look at my JPG -> the drawing of the relay -> Switch "A". Look in your pin -> the Reset-Relay -> sneak-in a stripe of paper INTO this switch - the stripe pf paper is for INSULATION - I want THIS SWITCH OPEN.
Take a screwdriver and hold its tip at the two blades of this switch -> take the screwdriver away -> put it back on there -> take it away. Practice this a bit ...
when you put the tip of the screwdriver there - touching both blades: You make a "Micro-Jumpering".

Have the paperstripe IN THAT SWITCH - Plug-in the Line Cord. YOU hold the Screwdriver at the switch - a friend pushes the Replay-Button -> the pin starts the reset - > after the Score-Reels are resetted -> YOU TAKE AWAY THE SCREWDRIVER
AAA) The Reset-Relay stops pulling -> You have proven me "right".
BBB) The Reset-Relay keps-on pulling -> You have proven me "wrong".

The stripe of paper in the switch simulates "ALL 16 Drum Unit Zero Break Switches ARE OPEN"
Please do this test, depending on Your answer: We will look "here" or we will look "there" ...

(((Want to look into the manual of Cabaret. http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=415 -> page-15 -> each Score-Reel has an arm / finger - it moves THREE switches. One switch is the "Pos-9-switch, it is not of interest". The "Top" switch and the "Middle" switch are for the Reset-Cycle: 16 Score-Reels times TWO (switches per Reel) ? 32 Switches to check - I think "my little test" is worth trying / saving time (if You prove me "wrong") ...
Greetings Rolf

aPat-Hand-Reset-Relay_(resized).jpgaPat-Hand-Reset-Relay_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

Hi sandslinger
want to read the little story about 16 men sitting in a room ... -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/help-with-williams-dealers-choice#post-2541079
AND BEFORE LOOKING AT ALL 16 Score-Reels: Do the test "in here, post-4". Greetings Rolf

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pat-hand-not-starting and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.