Passed on EATPM.

By GoneFishinLvMsg

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

Went to look at an EATPM last week that I was sure I was gonna buy, but once I played it I realized the layout is almost exactly the same as I500, which I already own. Upon closer inspection I realized that they are both Nordman pins, so maybe he had EATPM in mind when he designed I500. I500 actually has cooler toys, so I felt I would get bored with EATPM quickly. Had it been a really great price I probably would have bought it anyway, but it wasn't. The seller also had a Congo and a LW3 he let me play, so it wasn't a total waste of time.

#2 12 years ago

Too bad, hope you didn't drive too far to look at it.

#3 12 years ago

I know this game gets a lot of love, but the first time I played it, I found it way too easy. It got to the point where I just let the balls drain b/c I tired of it.

#4 12 years ago

But EATPM has BOOBS! Maybe i should send you some money. I spose you didn't snap any pics of it so i could tell what kinda shape the ole gal is in?

#5 12 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I just let the balls drain

elvira has been known to have that effect on men in her younger days.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

I know this game gets a lot of love, but the first time I played it, I found it way too easy.

This was also my thought after playing the game for a while. And I'm by no means a great player. I shopped the game for a customer and I got to put a good number of plays on it, I just don't think it would hold up in my collection.

I'm not saying it stinks or is a bad game. It is pretty cool and I see why people like it. Overall it is a nice package and is fun to play. I just found it rather easy when compared to other System 11 games.

#7 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Elvira has been known to have that effect on men in her younger days.

LOL

#8 12 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I spose you didn't snap any pics of it so i could tell what kinda shape the ole gal is in?

No but it was in good shape. You could tell someone touched up the cabinet, but you had to look close and they did a good job. There was a little bit of playfield wear near the top, but overall it was clean and in good condition. Probably as nice as you can find for a game that old that hasn't been completely restored.

#9 12 years ago

That's interesting. I never made the I500 / EATPM connection before. I knew they were both Nordman pins, but the themes are so different that I never really gave it a second thought. Now that I look at both playfield layouts, I can definitely see some strong similarities. If you're only going to have one of them in your collection, I500 is the clear winner in my mind. Awesome pin!

#10 12 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I500 is the clear winner in my mind. Awesome pin!

Agreed!

#11 12 years ago

I passed on an EATPM as well, because I thought I was going to be able to find a WH20 somewhere. Love EATPM, and the layouts may be similar but the theme separates it for me.

#12 12 years ago

I always to seem to enjoy playing EATPM. Wouldn't mind having one some day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 49.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Towson, MD
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 45.95
£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 18.95
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 70.00
$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/passed-on-eatpm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.