• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey everyone,

I couldn't find satisfactory info anywhere so thought I would ask. Have a possible Gottlieb Pink Panther project in the works. Very very tentative at this point but I like to have as much info as possible when I am going into things. It has NO boards. I have a good buddy that says he has most the boards squirreled away that we can go through and fix up to go the cost effective route as well as learning sys 80 repair along the way, which I do like. Or I could get the all in one Pacal board for more $$$ and be done with it. The cost of the board isn't really the issue, and on the other hand I don't mind fixing things up. What does have me curious is the "extra features" that come with the Pascal board.

Their site says "new features: chance ball, multiple extraballs, special that can give points, difficulty levels, scores up to 10M (System-80) or 100M (System-80A), etc.."

Thats very enticing, its also rather vague and the sum of info I could find on their site. Is there a place where I could get more detailed info and what new features are included? Anyone have one installed in their Pink Panther and care to chime in? If the extra features make it that much more fun it may be worth the extra dough.

Thanks in advance.

#2 8 years ago

There are some adjustments and features on his boards that were not available on the factory boards .Pascals boards are the best ,they work in multiple games .the components are modern more efficient and available and it eliminates the interconnect cables. If you are using them in a game that you are buying make sure that you check and test all the coils and switches and displays if possible you don't want a to connect a new board to bad components

#3 8 years ago

+101 for Pascal boards. Basically games with an extra ball feature can get more than one a game, he adds skill shots, scoring over what the original displays might have been able to show, high scores, free play. Really solid designs, IMO the best on the market, but that's an opinion.

#4 8 years ago

Bump for more info- thanks so far!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

Basically games with an extra ball feature can get more than one a game, he adds skill shots, scoring over what the original displays might have been able to show, high scores, free play.

would love to know specifics like skill shot, how that works-

extra ball feature can get more than one game, unsure what that means

Quoted from pintime:If you are using them in a game that you are buying make sure that you check and test all the coils and switches and displays if possible you don't want a to connect a new board to bad components

excellent tip

#6 8 years ago

I just got one for my BH, but it needs troubleshooting still. If you look at the manual's you'll be able to see what features apply to your machine.

http://www.flippp.fr/media/manual/menus_PI-80_en.pdf

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just got one for my BH, but it needs troubleshooting still. If you look at the manual's you'll be able to see what features apply to your machine.
http://www.flippp.fr/media/manual/menus_PI-80_en.pdf

thank you! very helpful!

#8 8 years ago

No problem! Hope it helps. It's a fantastic board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 16.99
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pascal-pi-80-board-extra-features-info-wanted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.