Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RDBowers
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I have a Buck Rogers pin with the PI-1/x4 board (revision 2.6) which just blew it's 42/60v 80ma display fuse. If the machine came with a replacement fuse, I'm a bonehead and can't find it, so I went "in search of..." online and I'm having a heckuva time trying to source replacements around the North American Continent...

Instead of trying to source replacement original displays, I just ordered a full set of Wolffpac LED displays that I'll be soldering up this weekend. However, I still need to replace the fuse... but the "usual suspects" for replacements seem to be the Schurter 0034.6003 and the Littlefuse 37000800410 -- but neither of those are available (affordably) at any main parts supplier in NA; and I was hoping to have them arrive by the time the displays are ready to install. [[ Pascal's site says that there's a moratorium on shipping until early October; and I suspect shipping from France to rural Michigan may be quite prohibitive... ]]

Long story long, Mouser does have the bel 530-MRF80 in stock and affordable - I downloaded the datasheets for all three fuses (both above and the bel version) and I can't really see a difference in the specifications and I *think* it should work - but at Mouser's site, it states the Littlefuse has 3.65 ohms resistance and the bel has 6.3 ohms (the Schurter wasn't listed) so that has me a bit worried... or am I overthinking this?

Anyone else with Pascal boards use the bel brand fuses? I can provide links, datasheets, etc. if needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago
Quoted from zmerch:

I just ordered a full set of Wolffpac LED displays that I'll be soldering up this weekend. However, I still need to replace the fuse...

I don't know Wolffpac LED displays, but most LED replacements for Gottlieb don't need the 42/60V power, so they should work without replacing the fuse.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from bontango:

I don't know Wolffpac LED displays, but most LED replacements for Gottlieb don't need the 42/60V power, so they should work without replacing the fuse.

The Wolffpac displays are designed to be replaced individually, and "live harmoniously" with the original displays. From the assembly instruction PDF:

"Note: Unlike some LED displays for other types of machines, these displays do use the high voltage power supply in your
pinball machine."

So, replacing the fuse is still required to make these displays function.

Thanks for the reply!

#4 1 year ago

The thing I like about the Wolfpac displays is they actually look like the originals, the segments correctly shaped. Have you tried reaching out to Wolfpac to see if there is a possibility to build them and use an extra power supply for whatever voltage is needed?

Sorry can't help on the fuse. Maybe Pascal can help, generally pretty responsive via email.

3 months later
#5 1 year ago
Quoted from zmerch:

I have a Buck Rogers pin with the PI-1/x4 board (revision 2.6) which just blew it's 42/60v 80ma display fuse. If the machine came with a replacement fuse, I'm a bonehead and can't find it, so I went "in search of..." online and I'm having a heckuva time trying to source replacements around the North American Continent... I still need to replace the fuse... but the "usual suspects" for replacements seem to be the Schurter 0034.6003 and the Littlefuse 37000800410 -- but neither of those are available (affordably) at any main parts supplier in NA

If you didn't find a source yet, Digikey has the Scbuter fuse reasonably priced. But hurry, they only have 47 in stock.
https://www.digikey.ca/en/products/detail/schurter-inc/0034-6003/640369

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.00
Electronics
That Old Pinball

Machine - For Sale
New Brighton, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pascal-pi-1-x4-display-fuse-replacement and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.