(Topic ID: 169293)

Pascal Boards for a System 1 pin..., yes or no?

By Budman

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Chitownpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Any opinions on adding a Pascal board to a Joker Poker or Sinbad? I'm new to these early games . A video demonstrating it on a Sinbad peeked my intrrest.
Thanks!

#2 3 years ago

I have a pascal all in one board in my Sinbad & I like it. The new features make for better game play in my opinion. For example, I have ball save on so if the ball drains within 10secs or so, the player will get the ball back. That feature alone adds value when I'm playing with family members. My original boards did not work and that was the main reason I bought a pascal.

#3 3 years ago

If your original boards are working, its not really worth it to buy just for the extra features.

If your original boards are having issues, i would definitely go for the all in one board. It eliminates so many issues that the original boards have and gives you neat extra features.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from iwantansi:

If your original boards are having issues, i would definitely go for the all in one board. It eliminates so many issues that the original boards have and gives you neat extra features.

Exactly! Genie rules with the new mpu.

#5 3 years ago

I've got the Pascal Pi-1 X4 board in my Buck Rogers. It's been an iron clad rock solid game since making the switch. I like the additional rules and bells and whistles as well. However, if you don't like all the extras, you can always disable them, and make the game operate as if it had original boards in it.

I recommend them highly.

#6 3 years ago

new features offer little of value but boards are great and reliable.

#7 3 years ago

I have the PI-1 in my Cleopatra and I really like it. Works great, helpful light indicators, and I like the additional attract mode. Like the others, if your boards are ok then probably not worth the cost unless you really want the extras. But if you would need to pay for board repairs or replace multiple boards then Pascal boards are great.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from pinhead_jack:

I like the additional attract mode.

I almost forgot about this. I like it too. Pascal cleverly emulated the "look" of a System 80 attract mode for his boards, so if you have one in a lineup, it won't stand out from your other Gottlieb games.

#9 3 years ago

Buy with confidence. Solidly engineered board. Nice features.
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://www.PinWiki.com - The new place for pinball repair info

#10 3 years ago

yes yes and then still yes. Fantastic product.

#12 3 years ago

Best replacement boards out there! 100% yes!

#13 3 years ago

My pinball pool loves the pascal, and my joker poker is great with its ni-wumpf. I'm happy with both but love the simplicity of the all-in-one.

#14 3 years ago

Absolutely yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 49.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Sussex, WI
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 8.40
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 289.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 46.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside