• Latest reply 2 years ago by nik2000
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

menus_PI-80_en.pdf (PDF preview)
#1 2 years ago

I just secured a new spirit, with the 3 in 1 Pascal board, and I can't seem to figure out how to disable the attract sounds. I have translated the manual from Pascal, but my machine seems to have no options available on the sound portion of the menu. Am I missing something here? Do I have the wrong chip in it?

Thank you for your help, Dana

#2 2 years ago

Does spirit use the add on sound board?
Here is the full english pdf.
Have you asked the question to pascal/website?

menus_PI-80_en.pdfmenus_PI-80_en.pdf
#3 2 years ago

Got the answer I needed from both Keith at K's Arcade.Net and Pinsider Capitainneo. You need a Pascal sound board to get regular Sound functions, on regular menu, with displays and buttons. However, you can still make dip switch adjustments on the original sound board, or in my case, the aftermarket Swemmer 8TSND sound board. No more attract noises scaring the crap out of me every 4 minutes.

Thank you

BTW: Does your Spirit have a connector labeled A3-J6? Mine does not. Pascal references this connection as important for sound to operate. Not that my sound is not ok.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from danastude:

Got the answer I needed from both Keith at K's Arcade.Net and Pinsider Capitainneo. You need a Pascal sound board to get regular Sound functions, on regular menu, with displays and buttons. However, you can still make dip switch adjustments on the original sound board, or in my case, the aftermarket Swemmer 8TSND sound board. No more attract noises scaring the crap out of me every 4 minutes.
Thank you
BTW: Does your Spirit have a connector labeled A3-J6? Mine does not. Pascal references this connection as important for sound to operate. Not that my sound is not ok.

I do not have a spirit, I have had a few sys1’s, sys80 and pascal boards so thought I’d chirp in to help if I could

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from danastude:

Thank you

I've got a spirit with a pascal board & spent ages trying to find this connector, I thought it was hidden in the cabinet somewhere. Eventually I realised that it wasn't there - game seems to be working OK without it though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 83.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pascal-board-in-spirit-attract-sounds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.