(Topic ID: 285296)

PartyZone solinoid issue...

By Coachmudd74

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

I just recently purchased a PartyZone and got about 20 games on it now and the last game I played the ball stopped on the back ball popper I got the ball out with my hand and restarted another game..ball stoped at the same place again. I did a solinoid test and the back ball popper didn’t fire along with the dummy, the comic, the DJ eject and jaw all didn’t fire...does this sound like a blown fuse? They were just working the other day?
All information is greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Coachmudd74:

.does this sound like a blown fuse?

Yes. Pull and check with a meter.

Manual would help. You can download it here - https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=party+zone&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Could also be a broken wire. I had several coils stop firing on mine and it was a broken wire at the captain.

#4 3 years ago

Hello LTG and crujones4life! So it was a blown fuse and one of the wires coming off the DJ jaw and probably shorted out to blow the fuse...I was told by a pinsider to make a stain relief with the two wires because of the movement...thanks again for everyones help! Take care!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Coachmudd74:

Hello LTG and crujones4life! So it was a blown fuse and one of the wires coming off the DJ jaw and probably shorted out to blow the fuse...I was told by a pinsider to make a stain relief with the two wires because of the movement...thanks again for everyones help! Take care!

Glad you got it figured out!

#6 3 years ago

Hello crujones4life! Question for you sounds like you have a PZ or had one and is familiar with the machine...after I re soldered the wire for the DJ jaw I tried it and the solinoid fires but no movement with the jaw...the wire going into the head does move a very little bit but no movement with the jaw...is something else broke maybe inside the head? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from Coachmudd74:

Hello crujones4life! Question for you sounds like you have a PZ or had one and is familiar with the machine...after I re soldered the wire for the DJ jaw I tried it and the solinoid fires but no movement with the jaw...the wire going into the head does move a very little bit but no movement with the jaw...is something else broke maybe inside the head? Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

The jaw wire is connected to a little metal flap that is in the Captain's jaw. You can probably adjust it to see the jaw move a little more. The jaw moves very very little to begin with so I wouldn't spend too much time on it. Plus getting his head off of the assembly is hard to do without ripping or damaging him.

#8 3 years ago

Hello crujones4life thanks for getting back to me when you say to adjust it a little more do you mean bend the jaw up or down till I see a little movement? Again thank you so much for helping me get my machine going 100%!! It nice to know someone that has or had a PZ

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Coachmudd74:

Hello crujones4life thanks for getting back to me when you say to adjust it a little more do you mean bend the jaw up or down till I see a little movement? Again thank you so much for helping me get my machine going 100%!! It nice to know someone that has or had a PZ

I replaced the wire itself as it was bent and damaged. That gave my jaw some more movement. But you could probably bend the metal flap in the jaw gently and see if it helps. Careful not to rip the rubber!

#10 3 years ago

Hello crujones4life! So one of the wires broke on the switch that is next to the captain from the two wire cable that connects to the jaw and when it turns left and right it hits the switches next to it...is there a good way to harness that 2 wire cable going to the coil for the jaw that whips around? Are there pictures? Thanks again for your help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-solinoid-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.