IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sk8ersublime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#291 5 years ago

Can anyone provide me with Pictures of the dummy mechanism? I need to fix one for a friend, the Dummy is attached the rod, but im not sure how the dummy connects to the mech. he sent me a picture of it and I see a hole at the bottom of the rod where it looks like either a pin or a screw goes there. Im trying to buy the right parts to reattach it. The manual shows a Roll pin on the list, but I want to see how it connects if possible.

Thanks!

#293 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I can take pictures tonight for you.

Thanks!

#295 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes. Just appears a roll pin holds the large portion of the dummy shaft in the solenoid plunger.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Thats what I needed to know

5 months later
#345 4 years ago

Does anyone have a complete bulb list for Party Zone? A friend of mine has one he wants me to shop out, it has some flipper issues and needs new rubbers, and some lights are out, so I want to go ahead and LED it for him. Since I dont have the machine in my possession, all I have to go off of is the manual/part list, but I feel like there are WAY TOO MANY bulbs listed. I personally like to build my own LED kits opposed to getting a kit from one of the major sites.

1 month later
#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes. Just appears a roll pin holds the large portion of the dummy shaft in the solenoid plunger.
[quoted image]

Is there a slot in the plunger for the roll pin? I think my plunger is busted. The dummy will snap in, but the post pops out almost immediately.

Does anyone know if they have replacements?
116CA87A-34A9-4FB9-B23C-E6129808294D (resized).jpeg116CA87A-34A9-4FB9-B23C-E6129808294D (resized).jpeg

#353 4 years ago

Also, should it be common practice to replace fuses when rebuilding flippers? I just rebuilt the flippers on this party zone, and it was working great when all of a sudden the right flipper stopped working. The fuse blew and I didn’t have any on me to replace it :/

And has anyone had issues with the drink.eat.merry target lights not working? Looks like the entire board of lights is out, I replaced a known working bulb and it still didn’t work.

#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Just checked mine, it is not a slot, yours is broken.

Thanks for checking. Do you know what I can use to replace this? Just a standard flipper plunger maybe? The manual doesn’t have that part listed, I see the other parts and the full mechanism part number.

Maybe I can use this? It’s listed on the party zone compatible parts

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-3407-2

My dummy needs to dance!

0B14FC28-1915-4ED2-8FEE-0F86F9FEB3DF (resized).jpeg0B14FC28-1915-4ED2-8FEE-0F86F9FEB3DF (resized).jpeg
#358 4 years ago

I reached out to Marco about this, and based on what they said, I need "A. Shaft - Dancing Dummy - 02-4562" which they dont carry and i cant see to find.

Anyone happen to have one? Maybe ill be able to do something to get this one fixed if not.

1 week later
#360 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

I reached out to Marco about this, and based on what they said, I need "A. Shaft - Dancing Dummy - 02-4562" which they dont carry and i cant see to find.
Anyone happen to have one? Maybe ill be able to do something to get this one fixed if not.

Well...a few drops of Epoxy into the top where the shaft connects and it seems to be holding well. The new shapeways dummy lives!

3 months later
#379 4 years ago

The custom audio is great! I wish I could do something like that for my South Park machine .

Looking forward to seeing a video of your final product!

2 months later
#419 4 years ago

So i have a party zone I have been working on for a guy on and off. I have replaced the balls, rebuilt the flippers, replaced the ball shooter, replaced a bunch of broken plastics, new rubbers and cleaned everything.

One thing I noticed was it doesnt save settings, and it had batteries that looked a little rough, which i removed and I tried to clean up the best i could to prevent any damage. It doesnt really look like there was damage. I told him the best route to go is to get NVRAM, which will require me socketing the chip, not a problem, but i only own Stern Whitestars at the moment, so i would have to do the work on site and its not the greatest work environment for soldering.

We went ahead and tossed in new batteries, but the game still doesnt appear to save its settings. If there was damage to the battery area, i would imagine that would cause the settings to not save, but if there was damage to the battery holder area, would that matter if i put in NVRAM? I would think not, but Im trying to get some more info on that since i havent had this issue myself.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

If new batteries are not saving the settings the holder could still be compromised with alkaline damage. You also need to 100% verify it didn’t not get on the board or you will need to treat/fix it before it gets worse. If you are doing nvram you should clip off the battery holder entirely.
The traces on wpc 89 boards are small and easily damaged while removing the current volatile memory chip, and then adding a socket for nvram. If you don’t have a good soldering iron or don’t feel confident if your desoldering/soldering skills it might not be best to try it on this.

Thanks Ill have to take a better look at it, this is the only Bally game ive worked on. I wont have an issue soldering it, i just dont want to pull the board to take it home and not be able to test it on a machine. I might just have to bite the bullet and do the work where the machine is.

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from billsacto:

Hello Party Zone club attendees!
I recently scored a project Party Zone machine, but it's missing the Crash Test Dummy. Bummer!
Does anyone have any leads on where I can pick one up?
Please PM me...
Thanks!
Bill

I bought the body on shapeways and the legs from Macro. I think they also have the body bracket, the hardpart will be finding the shaft that goes into the coil if you dont have that. you might have to make something, I was unable to find any parts of the mechanism and ended up just using a strong epoxy to fix my coil plunger issue with the dummy.

10 months later
#622 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Party Zone ramps are up on the website, starship-fantasy.com. You may order them now but nothing will ship till Monday. When we release new ramps we normally get slammed and it may take us a day or 2 to ship all of them. No hurry. I made 150 sets.

They look great! I bet if you made the garage ramp for TSPP you would have a ton of buyers since they are always broken. (mine is broken.)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sk8ersublime.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1?tu=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.