IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

ColorDMD finally did party zone!

You mean this. I had beta tested it and it is really colorful.
2019-09-17 06_52_11-Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-09-17 06_52_11-Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Internet Explorer (resized).png
https://mailchi.mp/87dec9587462/colordmd-announces-game-95-party-on?fbclid=IwAR3OLRVUr-msT5Tra_gGu05o7RtXEvT0VejvOODqq9ZQTfc5ZuVt4TKTfC4

5 months later
#436 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

So i have a party zone I have been working on for a guy on and off. I have replaced the balls, rebuilt the flippers, replaced the ball shooter, replaced a bunch of broken plastics, new rubbers and cleaned everything.
One thing I noticed was it doesnt save settings, and it had batteries that looked a little rough, which i removed and I tried to clean up the best i could to prevent any damage. It doesnt really look like there was damage. I told him the best route to go is to get NVRAM, which will require me socketing the chip, not a problem, but i only own Stern Whitestars at the moment, so i would have to do the work on site and its not the greatest work environment for soldering.
We went ahead and tossed in new batteries, but the game still doesnt appear to save its settings. If there was damage to the battery area, i would imagine that would cause the settings to not save, but if there was damage to the battery holder area, would that matter if i put in NVRAM? I would think not, but Im trying to get some more info on that since i havent had this issue myself.

NVRAM will take care of saving settings. Can you post a picture of the board?

1 year later
#779 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Is the left sling supposed to fire when you hit the standup target on the upper left side of the playfield?

No. Need to check to see if either one of the two left slingshot swich contacts are touching. Quite possible that the switch is making conact below the surface of the playfield.

#781 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

I had changed that target but I had it wired wrong, I just wired it like it was wired.

Are you saying the problem is fixed now?

1 month later
#795 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Missing some lights on the backboard. Anyone know which connector I should be looking at?
[quoted image]

All 3 - J115, J120 and J121

#799 2 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It was J120. Got it sorted, it was cooked!

You need to close out your repair thread on this.

1 week later
#808 2 years ago
Quoted from Don44:

Does anybody have a pic of that bracket to hold the cosmic cottage plastic?

There is a gate under the cosmic cottage. The bracket inside the cosmic cottage only mounts the flasher bulb inside.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

There is a gate under the cosmic cottage. The bracket inside the cosmic cottage only mounts the flasher bulb inside.

Cosmic cottage mounts here above the gate as mentioned. The plastic has tabs, which normally get broken for varies reasons and the cottage no longer attaches. pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Link to the lower part of the cosmic cottage.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8596

2 months later
#831 2 years ago

Are we having fun yet?

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from toaster777:

How many flashers are there supposed to be in the backbox? In the flasher test, I can make 2 go off, one is in the top middle near the O on ZONE and then one in the bottom left. My backbox currently has 8 flashers installed but I can't make the other 6 go off at all.

All the black lamp sockets in the backbox are for #906 flashers. Since 2 are working, you have the 20volt flasher power. I suspect you have several burnt flasher bulbs. Test out all the flasher bulbs that not lighting in the place of the 2 working flashers.

#842 2 years ago

The game manual describes all the tests.

If you are in the single flasher test that shows on the DMD which should be lit, you will see in the bottom right corner, it says repeat. Press the ENTER coin button to STOP or again to RUNNING to go thru them all.

If you do to the ALL flashers test, expect the flashers to be dimmer and in shorter bursts in this test.

#845 2 years ago

I forgot to mention in that single flasher test on REPEAT, you can press + or - test button to page forward and backwards.

The manual also shows the location of all the flashers in the playfield, but I dont recall it showing ones located in the backbox.

#849 2 years ago

Quoted from SteelNation:

One I’m working on does this too. Always wondered if it was normal. Speaking of the noise the head makes, is it normal for it to be really loud? I’ve disabled the head movement in the game since it is so loud. Any way to make it quieter? Is there something that needs to be adjusted or lubricated in the head motor?

Lubrication requirements are in the game manual. Some motor assembly/gearboxes do, some don't. That is set up for each game title by the Engineers.

2 weeks later
#868 1 year ago

The manual has breakdown of the pop bumper assemblies, including screws.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballmaniac40.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1?tu=pinballmaniac40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.