IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#131 7 years ago

Yay, just joined the club! Picked my Party Zone up yesterday. Love it. Only negative thing is the Captain's Jaw doesn't move nor test but the head rotates just fine with no errors. Any ideas of what normally fails? At first glance, wires seem ok at the solenoid below his head. Beyond that, game plays great, no problem with ramps nor any broken plastics and I really like the LED monster coming out of the club house. Former owners mod.

Oh, and if you put LED flashers in, are there any warming resistors to cut out? I didn't notice any but on my former F-14 as well as Gorger, I had to remove them in order for the flashers to work. Former owner put LEDs in the game, but the normal halogen flashers are still in there. Think they are the 89 flashers.

Thank you,

Jason

IMG_1534 (resized).jpgIMG_1534 (resized).jpg

IMG_1535 (resized).jpgIMG_1535 (resized).jpg

IMG_1536 (resized).jpgIMG_1536 (resized).jpg

#134 7 years ago

Nice write up on how to removed the head if need be. Any idea where the mouth gets it signal to operated the coil? If I manually move the plunger, his mouth moves, just doesn't do it electrically and the two wires on the coil are soldered to it and not broken of and then go into a connector. Odd that in test mode, it doesn't throw an error. Thinking a wire is broke somewhere.

Thanks for the LED flasher info! I'll order some now then to make the game complete with full LEDs. The former owner changed about 97% of all bulbs to LEDs and added several LED strips in various locations to really light up the game. The DMD was replaced by the former owner as well so the game already looks sharp.

3 weeks later
#138 7 years ago

My Party Zone is missing one thing, the space ship at the top of the wire ramp. I see you can buy that item on a few websites. My question is, how is it attached? Looking at the plastic parts for sale, they just look like a flat plastic piece, and nothing else. Do you have to install a clamp with rivets etc? Any info and pictures would be great.

#140 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It's an L shaped bracket same one found on the girl next to the robotic comic. And it attaches threw the screw linking the plastic ramp to the wire ramp.

Great thank you!!!

1 week later
#146 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I've been working with Copic alcohol based ink (Acid Yellow Y08)

That looks perfect! Did you use the copic wide sketch markers to do those colors?

#149 7 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Yes I only had to redo the yellow the rest of the colors weren't faded, the key is that this ink is easily blendable especially for large surfaces! Get it all on there don't worry about the stroke marks work one panel at a time, then use a rag and cue-tip dabbed in alcohol as a blender to smooth out the stroke marks and just smooth it out all over.

Great info! I'll check to see if they have them at my local Michaels or A.C. Moore. My cabinet looks like a coloring book ready to be filled in! At least the playfield and all of it's toys are spot on near perfect! Plus I finally got the Captains mouth working! Was a broken wire near the solenoid. Didn't notice it because the wires were encased in shrink wrap. But found it when I starting ohming things out. Now he moves as he should, yay.

2 weeks later
#151 6 years ago

Need help, first is was doing it very rarely, but not its a hard fail. B Zarr's head starts rotating clockwise and doesn't stop! First I could just "Unwind" the wires and turn the game on and he would be fine. Now I can't stop him from going all exorcist on me. Would it be the board he is attached to? Opto switches maybe? or another board that controls that?

Jason

1 week later
#154 6 years ago

What is that dancing girl in the back and where do I find one?! Really like the beer mugs, where did you find those? Plus, your mirror blades makes a cool crazy game even crazier. Love it.

Jason

#156 6 years ago

YAY got my game up and running again with a working head. For sone reason, I had to change out all of the transistors on the board that controls the head, they all but 1 or 2 tested bad. I did not change out the opto switches on the board below the head, but did buy them just in case. It now works but his jaw intermits. Maybe my solder job isn't perfect with the 5 transistors maybe? I'm just glad I can play it again.

And thanks for the tips GMKALOS for the play field toy ideas!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jetmechinnc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1?tu=jetmechinnc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.