IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grbgemen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#182 6 years ago

Working on a Pz right now. Is the red g.i. string only supposed to light during Big Bang?

Mine is lit during attract mode and during gameplay. When Big Bang is achieved, the standard g.i. turns off and only the red string remains lit.

I believe the standard g.i. also turns off (red remains lit) for a few seconds during the other multiballs.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

The red GI is lit constantly. It's only visible by itslef during multiball start and big bang.
I think Bally wanted to do something similar with Black Rose. It also has a red GI string, but you never see it lit by itself. Unless my wiring is hacked.

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#193 6 years ago

Anyone have a nice used translite for sale?

1 month later
#216 6 years ago

I am having a very difficult time with the ozone bonus switch. This switch is at the end/exit of the left ramp(behind back panel). I can not get it to consistently register during gameplay. The worst part about this switch is that it is next to impossible to work on without removing the playfield from the cabinet.

Some slow rolls up the ramp will register but all strong flipper shots will not register. I have tried several different style microswitches & bent actuators but all have failed. I *think* the main issue is that the way the switch is originally mounted, the ball is able to blow past the switch due to the switch not being exactly centered at the exit of the ramp.

Right now, I am back to square one and have a new left ramp installed with a brand new original style switch. Just got it all reassembled and it's still not working right. My next plan is to try and center the switch but figured I would ask here first if anyone else has encountered this issue.

1 week later
#220 6 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

It is a real bitch to do...but just replace the switch. I would have surely lost my mind by now trying to fix it. Just replace it and be done with it.

I did replace the switch with a new one but the issue was still present. I ended up modifying another bracket I had and added a spacer so that the switch is now centered in the ramp exit.

Unfortunately this still was not enough and I had to bend the actuator some to get consistent contact. I have played roughly 20 games since and only had one shot not register.

I will continue to test but I am completely open to any other options out there.

1 week later
#222 6 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I had troubles with that switch a couple years back - it started exhibiting misses while I had it at the Allentown show. I futzed with trying to align the switch and (of course) broke it. Replacement still had problems; it turned out to be battery damage on the MPU was the root cause. That same replacement switch is in there working fine today.

I did not even think about that. The MPU in my PZ did suffer from alkaline damage. I had previously removed the damaged components and neutralized the board. I replaced all of the damaged components and it appears to have been running fine. I will need to pull the board and check it out.

Like mentioned in my last post, the switch has been functioning just fine during game play. I will continue to monitor it as well as check the MPU again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grbgemen.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1?tu=grbgemen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.