20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3 (2) (resized).jpg
20231208_105757.jpg
20231208_105806.jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slingshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#327 5 years ago

Having an issue with Capt. B-Zarr, head will work ok then when it turns to the right (his left) it sticks there and throws an error or credit dot. Same results in head test, also there are no active switches other than the ones that are supposed to be closed. Optoboard was changed and are working properly. Motor control board swapped with known good one and still get same results. I have searched on Pinside and have seen that others have had the same issue but there hasnt been any fix. This si starting to get me frustrated as I dont know where to go next. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

1 month later
#341 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Hi PZ owners. Capt bizarre is doing bizarre things.
It works perfect in test mode. All optos work.
During gameplay if I shoot the left ramp when the head turns all the way left, it will stay there.
Then when I go into test mode it reports head malfunction.
Go into head test mode or reboot game = it’s back to fully working. Until that left ramp is hit!
I’ve read about the 3rd opto on the head opto board can cause issues, but I know that opto works. Could it be a gearbox issue?

It looks like you are having the same issue as I was experiencing. The fault lies in the optos that bally utilized for the opto board. It is along the same path of issues for other opto boards i.e. TZ clock. I am working with german-pinball to hopefully have a suitable replacement. Will have more info soon. In the meantime do not order the replacement board from Marco nor replacement equivalent optos from your local rat shack or Mouser, Digi-key, etc.

I cannot stress enough as wonky as this seems it is your optos.

1 week later
#346 4 years ago

The wait is over!!! PZ owners and fans rejoice!!!

After trial and error like those of you who are experiencing or have had issues with the optos/ opto board for Capt. B-Zarr there is finally a fix from @german-pinball!!

Here is the link of the "Ultimate Party Zone opto board" in action:

This was a joint effort by german-pinball and @b-o-p, additionally there are only a limited quantity for the first run please see this ad in the marketplace https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1038-german-pinball-modular/02593-ultimate-party-zone-motor-opto-switch-board-5768-12866-00

Also take advantage of the free shipping but hurry!!

PZUOB (resized).jpgPZUOB (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 40.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Slingshot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1?tu=Slingshot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.