IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.
#401 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Im going to see if I have any contacts that do 3D laser scanning. If I could get a model, it can be printed and reverse molded.

I scanned one with a borrowed MakerBot scanner a couple years ago. It didn't come out well. Since then here on Pinside I lucked in to a guy from Mexico who was parting out a PZ - I got a very nice b-zarre head and a left ramp from him. I just checked and I still have two STL files from the scan - If you want them PM me an email address. They are about 3.5Meg each.

Edit: here's a screen snap of the file in Freecad:

Screen Shot 2019-12-13 at 8.15.22 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-13 at 8.15.22 PM (resized).png

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I scanned one with a borrowed MakerBot scanner a couple years ago. It didn't come out well. Since then here on Pinside I lucked in to a guy from Mexico who was parting out a PZ - I got a very nice b-zarre head and a left ramp from him. I just checked and I still have two STL files from the scan - If you want them PM me an email address. They are about 3.5Meg each.
Edit: here's a screen snap of the file in Freecad:
[quoted image]
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

I could put it on my Shapeways account (along with the dummy body I have) if you like for everyone to be able to obtain, but I'm not sure if they would have the correct type of rubber/plastic to make it out of?

1 week later
#403 4 years ago

My son blew away my high score on PZ this morning, and he’s not sure how he did it. His score ended in “59”, so we’re wondering if it malfunctioned somehow? Has anyone else seen a random score like this on their machines?

ACFA7FC4-6E44-48AE-AE2B-B2517527E081 (resized).jpegACFA7FC4-6E44-48AE-AE2B-B2517527E081 (resized).jpeg
#404 4 years ago

Mirrored CPR Backglass arrived just in time for the holidays.

It’s color is really deep, I plan on changing out the LEDs in the backbox.

0E4165BD-74B7-4EC5-BE0D-8C85A8B54F72 (resized).jpeg0E4165BD-74B7-4EC5-BE0D-8C85A8B54F72 (resized).jpeg20CD6F41-7884-4810-BE34-3D6CB143CB52 (resized).jpeg20CD6F41-7884-4810-BE34-3D6CB143CB52 (resized).jpeg
#405 4 years ago

Anyone have a picture of these wires on this connector? I’ve got a lot of GI out Thanks!

ACE7D064-0870-43B8-B6A2-A5F1A860AEB6 (resized).jpegACE7D064-0870-43B8-B6A2-A5F1A860AEB6 (resized).jpeg
#406 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Anyone have a picture of these wires on this connector? I’ve got a lot of GI out Thanks![quoted image]

Here is mine before I replaced the GI connector.
Your colors don't match.

IMG_1921 (resized).JPGIMG_1921 (resized).JPG
#407 4 years ago

Thanks just made a new connector now everything is working.

08CA3956-1CBF-4112-A9BF-DDC4E883AD84 (resized).jpeg08CA3956-1CBF-4112-A9BF-DDC4E883AD84 (resized).jpeg
#408 4 years ago

Visited my mom for Christmas and she must have snapped a photo of my game one time when she visited me. Her colored pencil drawing of capt’ B-zar for my Christmas gift.

Again. Party zone isn't particular hard or deep game but the theme, music, and silliness has always drawn my quarters.
7DD8BEBA-1F03-4C27-B9DC-BEA16D9854C9 (resized).jpeg7DD8BEBA-1F03-4C27-B9DC-BEA16D9854C9 (resized).jpeg

#409 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Visited my mom for Christmas and she must have snapped a photo of my game one time when she visited me. Her colored pencil drawing of capt’ B-zar for my Christmas gift.

That's really done - thanks for sharing!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#410 4 years ago

Just finished up a shop job and a cabinet redo. Turned out pretty good. I see a lot of people complaining in this thread about how hard it is to access behind the backboard. In fact, it is fairly easy to get access once you know the trick.

Step 1) Raise the playfield to about 65 degrees.

Step 2) lift the playfield straight up about 2". This is done by grasping the backboard and apron at the same time. This will disengage the playfield pivot bolts brackets on the bottom of the playfield.

Step 3) Move the playfield towards the coin door a couple inches and lower the backboard back down. The cabinet pivot bolts will hold the playfield in place. Now that the brackets are no longer in play you can drag the back of the playfield across the bolts. This will give you a foot of space to access the rear of the backboard. I use a wood dowel to prop up the front of the playfield about 20 degrees. This protects the hardware on the bottom of the playfield.

Step 4) Reverse the process to put it back. Slide the playfield back in until it hits the pivot brackets. Once contact is made just lift the playfield a couple inches an reinserted the cabinets bolts in the playfield brackets.

20200102_182520 (resized).jpg20200102_182520 (resized).jpg20200102_182527 (resized).jpg20200102_182527 (resized).jpg20200102_182612 (resized).jpg20200102_182612 (resized).jpg
#411 4 years ago

Looks awesome!

1 week later
#412 4 years ago

Anyone know where I could find a Transparent Pop Bumper Cap 03-8277-18, I have the collar, but cant find a violet top. My PZ came with no Cosmic cottage so I'm trying to put it together.

Thank you!

3 weeks later
#413 4 years ago

New Party Zone owner here. I love this game. Everything is in pretty good shape for a game that was built in 1991. I do have a question. First can i join the club ? Also...... What is the best inclination of the play field? 6.5 - 7? I actually have been playing it a little higher because it makes the game faster. Thanks

#414 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

New Party Zone owner here. I love this game. Everything is in pretty good shape for a game that was built in 1991. I do have a question. First can i join the club ? Also......

Haha... is that a serious question or sarcasm?...

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

New Party Zone owner here. I love this game. Everything is in pretty good shape for a game that was built in 1991. I do have a question. First can i join the club ? Also...... What is the best inclination of the play field? 6.5 - 7? I actually have been playing it a little higher because it makes the game faster. Thanks

I’m at like 6.7 and I like it. Welcome!

#416 4 years ago

Thanks. I am playing right at 7 and it seems to be just fast enough, and i am still able to hit cosmic cottage and the rocket ramp. I have another question. I am systematically going this pin and cleaning and fixing.

One issue I am having are the poppers keep popping the bulb unit out of the little contact board. Does anyone else have this issue?
I opened the cabinet to check the batteries, but it seems the mod to elimate has already been done. Can you tell me anything else that has been improved from looking at the picture. The Pinduino was added which is awesome.

Thanks for your help.

IMG_0998 (resized).jpegIMG_0998 (resized).jpeg
#417 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Thanks. I am playing right at 7 and it seems to be just fast enough, and i am still able to hit cosmic cottage and the rocket ramp. I have another question. I am systematically going this pin and cleaning and fixing.
One issue I am having are the poppers keep popping the bulb unit out of the little contact board. Does anyone else have this issue?
I opened the cabinet to check the batteries, but it seems the mod to elimate has already been done. Can you tell me anything else that has been improved from looking at the picture. The Pinduino was added which is awesome.
Thanks for your help.[quoted image]

Your gi connectors were redone. Your 5v regulator was replaced with a newer cooler running version.

What’s a pinduino for?

#418 4 years ago

Professor Pinball did the Pinduino ramps ( There is video in this forum). It really makes the game come alive. I actually got the game from a good friend and coworker. He loved the game but needed the room and wanted it to go to a good home. Overall condition is very good. The ramps are in good shape. Bazaar head works well and the rubber is still supple. I had the problem with ball falling off the left ramp, but after a search of the forums (THANK YOU). A rubber band at the top of the ramp did the trick. The biggest issue is that my wife got the high score. It's a really high score. So I am fixing and playing, chasing the dragon.

#419 4 years ago

So i have a party zone I have been working on for a guy on and off. I have replaced the balls, rebuilt the flippers, replaced the ball shooter, replaced a bunch of broken plastics, new rubbers and cleaned everything.

One thing I noticed was it doesnt save settings, and it had batteries that looked a little rough, which i removed and I tried to clean up the best i could to prevent any damage. It doesnt really look like there was damage. I told him the best route to go is to get NVRAM, which will require me socketing the chip, not a problem, but i only own Stern Whitestars at the moment, so i would have to do the work on site and its not the greatest work environment for soldering.

We went ahead and tossed in new batteries, but the game still doesnt appear to save its settings. If there was damage to the battery area, i would imagine that would cause the settings to not save, but if there was damage to the battery holder area, would that matter if i put in NVRAM? I would think not, but Im trying to get some more info on that since i havent had this issue myself.

#420 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

So i have a party zone I have been working on for a guy on and off. I have replaced the balls, rebuilt the flippers, replaced the ball shooter, replaced a bunch of broken plastics, new rubbers and cleaned everything.
One thing I noticed was it doesnt save settings, and it had batteries that looked a little rough, which i removed and I tried to clean up the best i could to prevent any damage. It doesnt really look like there was damage. I told him the best route to go is to get NVRAM, which will require me socketing the chip, not a problem, but i only own Stern Whitestars at the moment, so i would have to do the work on site and its not the greatest work environment for soldering.
We went ahead and tossed in new batteries, but the game still doesnt appear to save its settings. If there was damage to the battery area, i would imagine that would cause the settings to not save, but if there was damage to the battery holder area, would that matter if i put in NVRAM? I would think not, but Im trying to get some more info on that since i havent had this issue myself.

If new batteries are not saving the settings the holder could still be compromised with alkaline damage. You also need to 100% verify it didn’t not get on the board or you will need to treat/fix it before it gets worse. If you are doing nvram you should clip off the battery holder entirely.
The traces on wpc 89 boards are small and easily damaged while removing the current volatile memory chip, and then adding a socket for nvram. If you don’t have a good soldering iron or don’t feel confident if your desoldering/soldering skills it might not be best to try it on this.

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

If new batteries are not saving the settings the holder could still be compromised with alkaline damage. You also need to 100% verify it didn’t not get on the board or you will need to treat/fix it before it gets worse. If you are doing nvram you should clip off the battery holder entirely.
The traces on wpc 89 boards are small and easily damaged while removing the current volatile memory chip, and then adding a socket for nvram. If you don’t have a good soldering iron or don’t feel confident if your desoldering/soldering skills it might not be best to try it on this.

Thanks Ill have to take a better look at it, this is the only Bally game ive worked on. I wont have an issue soldering it, i just dont want to pull the board to take it home and not be able to test it on a machine. I might just have to bite the bullet and do the work where the machine is.

#422 4 years ago

Thanks Ill have to take a better look at it, this is the only Bally game ive worked on. I wont have an issue soldering it, i just dont want to pull the board to take it home and not be able to test it on a machine. I might just have to bite the bullet and do the work where the machine is.

i mean bare min if you have an old pc power supply you can give it 5 and 12v on the bench and check for boot LED's on the bench? if those turn out ok its a good assumption it will be fine in the game.

#423 4 years ago

Hello Party Zone club attendees!

I recently scored a project Party Zone machine, but it's missing the Crash Test Dummy. Bummer!

Does anyone have any leads on where I can pick one up?

Please PM me...

Thanks!

Bill

#424 4 years ago
Quoted from billsacto:

I recently scored a project Party Zone machine, but it's missing the Crash Test Dummy. Bummer!
Please PM me...
Thanks!
Bill

I bought the body on shapeways and the legs from Macro. I think they also have the body bracket, the hardpart will be finding the shaft that goes into the coil if you dont have that. you might have to make something, I was unable to find any parts of the mechanism and ended up just using a strong epoxy to fix my coil plunger issue with the dummy.

#425 4 years ago
Quoted from billsacto:

Please PM me...
Thanks!
Bill

I sold my PZ but I bought the arms and legs from Marco, including the proper pins and washes needed. I may have some extra bits laying around and report back.

I really did enjoy this pin but space is an issue with 3 machines being my max and a Shadow showed up at the right price so something had to go...

#426 4 years ago

howdy,

When you turn your PZ off does it make a loud noise out of the speakers? Is there a better way to shut down the machine?

Thanks

#427 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

howdy,
When you turn your PZ off does it make a loud noise out of the speakers? Is there a better way to shut down the machine?
Thanks

That’s fine.

#428 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

howdy,
Thanks

Mine does too.

#429 4 years ago

Wow that sound does not sound right, or good for the machine, but if it hasn't blown up yet I guess it wont ( Cross fingers) I have been going through the all of the lights and noticed that one is out under the rocket ramp at the very back left of the play field. How do you get to those bulbs? Just rebuilt the flippers last night. They are super snappy now

#430 4 years ago

Mine and others solutions to the noise is in this thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/psu5-and-the-crack-and-pop-on-wpc-speakers

Bud

#431 4 years ago

Hello again Party Zoners,

Do you turn off the dancer and the Captn head to protect them against wearing out. I know parts are hard to come by and I was thinking for everyday play this might preserve both very active components. Do you know a way to stop Captains mouth to stop also. There is a setting for rotation, but I didn't see one for the jaw.

Party On.

Rob

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Hello again Party Zoners,
Do you turn off the dancer and the Captn head to protect them against wearing out. I know parts are hard to come by and I was thinking for everyday play this might preserve both very active components. Do you know a way to stop Captains mouth to stop also. There is a setting for rotation, but I didn't see one for the jaw.
Party On.
Rob

Why? Play it enjoy it. Its like keeping a toy in the plastic and not being able to play with it. They survived this long.

#433 4 years ago

Yeah your right. Turned them both back on . Play it until the flippers fall off

#434 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Yes!

#435 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Good! Those are what make the game even more fun, well at least it did for me. Enjoy!

#436 4 years ago

NVRAM will take care of saving settings. Can you post a picture of the board?

2 weeks later
#437 4 years ago

Hello,

So how exactly do you get the Big Bang? Sometimes it seems like I have to get the party dude in the cottage, but today I was playing and all of a sudden it said Big Bang is lit without even hitting the cottage. Sent 2 balls up the ramp and it paid out. Also is there a way to set Big Bang to 99 mil?

Thanks,

Rob

#438 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Hello,
So how exactly do you get the Big Bang? Sometimes it seems like I have to get the party dude in the cottage, but today I was playing and all of a sudden it said Big Bang is lit without even hitting the cottage. Sent 2 balls up the ramp and it paid out. Also is there a way to set Big Bang to 99 mil?
Thanks,
Rob

During multiball, Fill up rocket fuel by hitting robotic comic shot and crash dummy shot. then lock two balls up left ramp. That’s it.

1 week later
#439 4 years ago

I’m starting work on a Party Zone that is going to be a project. A lot of the hardware is rusted and there were mice in it too.

How does the ramp in the photo below attach to the playfield? Are there supposed to be screws there?

Thanks!

5AB865B1-94AE-4814-BEB4-9EBDCC55F290 (resized).jpeg5AB865B1-94AE-4814-BEB4-9EBDCC55F290 (resized).jpeg
#440 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

I’m starting work on a Party Zone that is going to be a project. A lot of the hardware is rusted and there were mice in it too.
How does the ramp in the photo below attach to the playfield? Are there supposed to be screws there?
Thanks![quoted image]

There is two smaller wood screws just before the two rivets on the ramp flat.
Wow there seems to be bad moisture damage looking at the bare wood. I’d like to see some more pictures. Welcome and good luck!!!

#441 4 years ago

Thanks for the help, the two screws are gone - totally rusted out. I'm having to drill them out to get the ramp off. The playfield is diamond plate so I'm hoping it cleans up well. There was a huge mouse nest in it so there is tons of debris everywhere. I think all that moisture caused some serious rust. The kickout under Capt Bazarre is gone - completely rusted out. I'm stripping everything off to get it as clean as possible. This is going to be a long term project.

I've already had to drill out 4 screws that were completely rusted out.

This is also all new to me, I've done several EM's before, never a solid state game. I added a few photos. Most of the really bad grime was under the plastics where the mice were living.

_1_PartyZone (resized).jpg_1_PartyZone (resized).jpg_2_PartyZone (resized).jpg_2_PartyZone (resized).jpg_3_PartyZone (resized).jpg_3_PartyZone (resized).jpg
#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Peruman:

Thanks for the help, the two screws are gone - totally rusted out. I'm having to drill them out to get the ramp off. The playfield is diamond plate so I'm hoping it cleans up well. There was a huge mouse nest in it so there is tons of debris everywhere. I think all that moisture caused some serious rust. The kickout under Capt Bazarre is gone - completely rusted out. I'm stripping everything off to get it as clean as possible. This is going to be a long term project.
I've already had to drill out 4 screws that were completely rusted out.
This is also all new to me, I've done several EM's before, never a solid state game. I added a few photos. Most of the really bad grime was under the plastics where the mice were living.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well its looks like you have all the hard to get parts there! ramps and playfield actually look ok! hopefully the batteries were removed from the MPU in the backbox or did the leak all over the board? your in Merrimack. I' not too far away from you if you ever need help getting this up and running. well after we all figure out this COVID-19 thing....

#443 4 years ago

Hello,

I got a new little issue with PZ. The top row on the DMD is not working. What I mean is that the top line on message displayed is not working. I checked the connections and they seem fine. It’s strange because during most tests all of the lights in the DMD light up but one test shows an area where they aren’t lighting. Has anybody seen this before?
4B4E4E14-735B-4029-BE74-BDB4B44866F2 (resized).jpeg4B4E4E14-735B-4029-BE74-BDB4B44866F2 (resized).jpegA04093B1-3AAB-46B7-A6D6-5F015AF4585A (resized).jpegA04093B1-3AAB-46B7-A6D6-5F015AF4585A (resized).jpegFAA6E186-86BB-4745-948B-5E4B1F940A6C (resized).jpegFAA6E186-86BB-4745-948B-5E4B1F940A6C (resized).jpeg

#444 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Well its looks like you have all the hard to get parts there! ramps and playfield actually look ok! hopefully the batteries were removed from the MPU in the backbox or did the leak all over the board? your in Merrimack. I' not too far away from you if you ever need help getting this up and running. well after we all figure out this COVID-19 thing....

Langless28 the MPU in the game did get some battery damage but the seller included a new MPU and also a new DMD display (the one on the machine is cracked). I'm looking forward to completing the disassembly. I need to remove the playfield completely since the bottom of the cabinet is gone.

#445 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheyfast:

Hello,
I got a new little issue with PZ. The top row on the DMD is not working. What I mean is that the top line on message displayed is not working. I checked the connections and they seem fine. It’s strange because during most tests all of the lights in the DMD light up but one test shows an area where they aren’t lighting. Has anybody seen this before?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You have one of 4 problems.

1) Your ribbon cable going to the display needs reseated on both sides (while power is off).
2) Your DMD display is failing and needs replaced (those color DMD ones sure look good).
3) Your video source is failing.
4) the voltage running to the display is beginning to fail and getting low.

I'm betting on option 1. This is when it is nice to have more than one pin in your collection so you can troubleshoot against it. You better hurry up an and get another Bally pin.

#446 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice,

I just reseated the cables . Powered off . Same issue. I really like the color display so that will be my next step. What is my option of
The display board is bad?

Thanks again

#447 4 years ago

I had the top line out on my Party Zone DMD. Was a broken trace on the DMD right by the glass. Solder fixed it.

#448 4 years ago

Just shopped my Party Zone and now ball gets stuck when skill shot is made...rubber is too big. I hope a 3/8 inch works as I don't think they come any smaller.

20200321_190221 (resized).jpg20200321_190221 (resized).jpg20200321_190253 (resized).jpg20200321_190253 (resized).jpg
#449 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I had the top line out on my Party Zone DMD. Was a broken trace on the DMD right by the glass. Solder fixed it.

Thanks I will pull the dmd and follow the traces. Great idea.

#450 4 years ago

I want to repaint the Captain's teeth and maybe mustache. What is the best paint to use on rubber? Color suggestions?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1/page/9?hl=mad_dog_coin_op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.