IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.
#351 4 years ago

Whoahhh..it's outta this world!

#352 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes. Just appears a roll pin holds the large portion of the dummy shaft in the solenoid plunger.
[quoted image]

Is there a slot in the plunger for the roll pin? I think my plunger is busted. The dummy will snap in, but the post pops out almost immediately.

Does anyone know if they have replacements?
116CA87A-34A9-4FB9-B23C-E6129808294D (resized).jpeg116CA87A-34A9-4FB9-B23C-E6129808294D (resized).jpeg

#353 4 years ago

Also, should it be common practice to replace fuses when rebuilding flippers? I just rebuilt the flippers on this party zone, and it was working great when all of a sudden the right flipper stopped working. The fuse blew and I didn’t have any on me to replace it :/

And has anyone had issues with the drink.eat.merry target lights not working? Looks like the entire board of lights is out, I replaced a known working bulb and it still didn’t work.

#354 4 years ago
Quoted from sk8ersublime:

Is there a slot in the plunger for the roll pin? I think my plunger is busted. The dummy will snap in, but the post pops out almost immediately.
Does anyone know if they have replacements?
[quoted image]

Just checked mine, it is not a slot, yours is broken.

#355 4 years ago

Made a drawing for the leg joint sheet metal part. I will work on making a 3D printable/glue-able part that is 2 pieces and making that CAD file available to all.

Crash Leg Joint (resized).pngCrash Leg Joint (resized).png
#356 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Just checked mine, it is not a slot, yours is broken.

Thanks for checking. Do you know what I can use to replace this? Just a standard flipper plunger maybe? The manual doesn’t have that part listed, I see the other parts and the full mechanism part number.

Maybe I can use this? It’s listed on the party zone compatible parts

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-3407-2

My dummy needs to dance!

0B14FC28-1915-4ED2-8FEE-0F86F9FEB3DF (resized).jpeg0B14FC28-1915-4ED2-8FEE-0F86F9FEB3DF (resized).jpeg
#357 4 years ago

Thanks for checking. Do you know what I can use to replace this? Just a standard flipper plunger maybe? The manual doesn’t have that part listed, I see the other parts and the full mechanism part number.
Maybe I can use this? It’s listed on the party zone compatible parts
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/02-3407-2
My dummy needs to dance![quoted image]

Yeah its probably a standard plunger. custom parts means less margin. I would have suspect they used similar parts as much as possible.

#358 4 years ago

I reached out to Marco about this, and based on what they said, I need "A. Shaft - Dancing Dummy - 02-4562" which they dont carry and i cant see to find.

Anyone happen to have one? Maybe ill be able to do something to get this one fixed if not.

1 week later
#359 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I just checked. No markup. He’s just being a good guy and making it available to the public. However I will make a shapeways account and put all my stuff on there. No markup of course.
It’s interesting you can get a metal version for only several dollars more. Never break the dummy again!

I am an enthusiast and don't want to make money off anyone, i just want to help fellow Partyzone owners. will be interesting to see what else you can do Langless28????? Huge thanks again, I am so grateful for your efforts.

#360 4 years ago

I reached out to Marco about this, and based on what they said, I need "A. Shaft - Dancing Dummy - 02-4562" which they dont carry and i cant see to find.
Anyone happen to have one? Maybe ill be able to do something to get this one fixed if not.

Well...a few drops of Epoxy into the top where the shaft connects and it seems to be holding well. The new shapeways dummy lives!

#361 4 years ago

Alright I need a picture. J120 connector is fried but there is a random black wire hanging. Also someone made a connector for J121 below it and the wires pulled out. Not sure where it goes.
5349B472-2BF2-4861-9379-D4F38B01D29F (resized).jpeg5349B472-2BF2-4861-9379-D4F38B01D29F (resized).jpeg

#362 4 years ago

I've owned my Party Zone for about 3 years.
I'm considering putting it out on location... since it's not one you see much.
But...my ramps are perfect.
Am I worrying too much?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

I've owned my Party Zone for about 3 years.
I'm considering putting it out on location... since it's not one you see much.
But...my ramps are perfect.
Am I worrying too much?

ill trade you my nice, in tact, but small spider cracked ramps if it makes you feel better

#364 4 years ago

We added PZ to the collection in June and have played it tons—-really fun game.

B8CD2A2C-085F-4509-B175-B50AB9526F9C (resized).jpegB8CD2A2C-085F-4509-B175-B50AB9526F9C (resized).jpeg
#365 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

We added PZ to the collection in June and have played it tons—-really fun game.[quoted image]

Nice. What is the topper? Rundmd clock?

#366 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Nice. What is the topper? Rundmd clock?

Thanks! According to the seller, it was intended for tournament spectators. It matches the machine’s DMD. Not sure who sells it, but it’s fun to watch from across the room

#367 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballdad1961:

Thanks! According to the seller, it was intended for tournament spectators. It matches the machine’s DMD. Not sure who sells it, but it’s fun to watch from across the room

Dmd extender perhaps? can you take some pictures of the setup? looks cool for sure.

#368 4 years ago

Add me to the club! Got my highest score yet this morning

IMG-6155 (resized).JPGIMG-6155 (resized).JPGIMG-6156 (resized).JPGIMG-6156 (resized).JPGIMG-6157 (resized).JPGIMG-6157 (resized).JPGIMG-6160 (resized).JPGIMG-6160 (resized).JPGIMG-6161 (resized).JPGIMG-6161 (resized).JPG
#369 4 years ago
Quoted from Jeffreyjonesbsme:

Am I worrying too much?

Given how rare, no, I don't think you are worrying too much. I managed to score a replacement for the left ramp about 2 years ago from an overseas teardown (I also got the Bzarre head) but my right ramp is still a bondic- repaired eyesore. I guess there is the chance they will be re-manufactured but they've been rare forever and that hasn't inspired a run yet.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my Pinball 2000 H+V Video Sync Combiner kit

1 week later
#370 4 years ago

Just won a PZ from an estate auction and pick it up Thursday! Ramps appear to be in great shape too.

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Just won a PZ from an estate auction and pick it up Thursday! Ramps appear to be in great shape too.

Nice!

#372 4 years ago

Before I pay crazy shipping prices from Canada does anyone have the mounting bracket for the dummy?

2 weeks later
#373 4 years ago

ColorDMD finally did party zone!

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

ColorDMD finally did party zone!

You mean this. I had beta tested it and it is really colorful.
2019-09-17 06_52_11-Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Internet Explorer (resized).png2019-09-17 06_52_11-Houston Area Arcade (and Pinball) Group - Internet Explorer (resized).png
https://mailchi.mp/87dec9587462/colordmd-announces-game-95-party-on?fbclid=IwAR3OLRVUr-msT5Tra_gGu05o7RtXEvT0VejvOODqq9ZQTfc5ZuVt4TKTfC4

#375 4 years ago

CPR just released Party Zone Backglass with Real Mirroring:
https://classicplayfields.com/shop/pinball-backglasses/party-zone/

Party-Zone-Backglass (resized).jpgParty-Zone-Backglass (resized).jpgParty-Zone_Mirroring (resized).jpgParty-Zone_Mirroring (resized).jpg
#376 4 years ago

Dang. I am usually not in for color dmd's and the alike but now two great things I want for my PZ. Crap. Crap. Crap.

1 week later
#377 4 years ago

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread so I'm linking to the announcement. Color DMD, new backglass, and in case you missed it, for the PZ trifecta, Peter & Leon in Hamburg are doing a run of playfields: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-buthamburg-playfield-#post-5189543

Repro ramps would complete things nicely! Let's keep wishing...

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee ball

1 month later
#378 4 years ago

Well I have gone crazy. I recently went on a little road trip to Niagara Falls and picked up a pretty nice Party Zone.

Playfield is pretty solid, ramps are mint. Dancing dummy intact. All plastics unbroken and in good shape.

Cabinet faded to death. Sound was funky but swapped some resistors on the soundboard and sorted that out. GI power from the transformer was borked pretty good but I repinned and replaced the molex connector.

So anyway I have decided that this game is going to be restored to the best of my ability.

I have installed a new ColorDMD, I have brand new cabinet decals that are UV reactive, pinball pro speakers and sub installed, wired in stereo and connected to a Pinsound+ that arrived today. I am on the list for a repro playfield and plan on powder coating the game once I finish the swap in the future.

I have gotten to work on a custom audio mix to replace all the shitty music and will be working to re-record all of the call outs. I am also thinking to replace the supersonic robotic comic noises with short clips of 90s era comedians and adding additional phrases for the female character to speak to keep things fresh.

In just under 2 hours I changed out almost every song with what I feel were appropriate selections.

Chicken Feet = Chicken Dance Club Remix
Pinball Wizard = Pinball Wizard remix
De-Funk = Daft Punk Around the World
Safe Sax = Safe Sax by Dax
Crash Dummy = I Like to Move it or Macarena Remix and I may add Cotton Eyed Joe or cmon Ride it (shuffles through however many tracks I put in the folder)
Ozone Rocket music = Intergalactic
Game over = Ice Ice Baby, cut to start at “will it ever stop? I don’t know, turn off the lights and I’ll glow” because the game does indeed.
Feelings = actual recording of Feelings
Come Fly Withe Me = remastered Sinatra original
Purple Haze = Techno Purple Haze Hendrix remix
The main game music and multiball are tracks I will buy from PremiumBeat.com once I decide on the options I am considering.

Volume leveling will be a bit of a process but once my new MacBook Pro arrives I can drop my tracks in to Logic and knock this out way faster than with Audacity on my Windows tablet.

If anyone has additional ideas for the custom audio let me know and I will be more than happy to share the work once I get it to a respectable place.

563DC6CF-0953-453E-8A43-31552DF2A6F7 (resized).jpeg563DC6CF-0953-453E-8A43-31552DF2A6F7 (resized).jpeg96AFDA5C-A6C7-4828-BBD2-14D5C4A9BA8B (resized).jpeg96AFDA5C-A6C7-4828-BBD2-14D5C4A9BA8B (resized).jpeg24530539-6C7F-452F-A1DE-FC4F83ABC100 (resized).jpeg24530539-6C7F-452F-A1DE-FC4F83ABC100 (resized).jpeg43B39FE1-6AE8-404D-B349-E7A6ED7EB52C (resized).jpeg43B39FE1-6AE8-404D-B349-E7A6ED7EB52C (resized).jpeg
#379 4 years ago

The custom audio is great! I wish I could do something like that for my South Park machine .

Looking forward to seeing a video of your final product!

#380 4 years ago

Custom audio would be awesome on this pin!!!

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Custom audio would be awesome on this pin!!!

I have always liked the game but absolutely loathed the audio. It is grating and keeps you from wanting to keep playing it.

My new laptop arrived today so the editing will commence shortly.

Maybe as a fun Pinside forum thing is someone wants to be the voice of the Captain Or other characters from the game let me know and I can do some sort of audition.

#382 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I have always liked the game but absolutely loathed the audio. It is grating and keeps you from wanting to keep playing it.
My new laptop arrived today so the editing will commence shortly.
Maybe as a fun Pinside forum thing is someone wants to be the voice of the Captain Or other characters from the game let me know and I can do some sort of audition.

Yes! I was thinking about doing a custom game with a p-roc and was thinking of how I could record new audio. Someone must sound like him!

#383 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Yes! I was thinking about doing a custom game with a p-roc and was thinking of how I could record new audio. Someone must sound like him!

The audio quality is so poor on the voices that I don’t think there is any reason to try and mimic the exact voice. I do a lot of radio advertising and was thinking to reach out to some local on air DJ talent.

#384 4 years ago

PZ would make a good candidate for a pin sound board audio mix.

#385 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Well I have gone crazy. I recently went on a little road trip to Niagara Falls and picked up a pretty nice Party Zone.
Playfield is pretty solid, ramps are mint. Dancing dummy intact. All plastics unbroken and in good shape.
Cabinet faded to death. Sound was funky but swapped some resistors on the soundboard and sorted that out. GI power from the transformer was borked pretty good but I repinned and replaced the molex connector.
So anyway I have decided that this game is going to be restored to the best of my ability.
I have installed a new ColorDMD, I have brand new cabinet decals that are UV reactive, pinball pro speakers and sub installed, wired in stereo and connected to a Pinsound+ that arrived today. I am on the list for a repro playfield and plan on powder coating the game once I finish the swap in the future.
I have gotten to work on a custom audio mix to replace all the shitty music and will be working to re-record all of the call outs. I am also thinking to replace the supersonic robotic comic noises with short clips of 90s era comedians and adding additional phrases for the female character to speak to keep things fresh.
In just under 2 hours I changed out almost every song with what I feel were appropriate selections.
Chicken Feet = Chicken Dance Club Remix
Pinball Wizard = Pinball Wizard remix
De-Funk = Daft Punk Around the World
Safe Sax = Safe Sax by Dax
Crash Dummy = I Like to Move it or Macarena Remix and I may add Cotton Eyed Joe or cmon Ride it (shuffles through however many tracks I put in the folder)
Ozone Rocket music = Intergalactic
Game over = Ice Ice Baby, cut to start at “will it ever stop? I don’t know, turn off the lights and I’ll glow” because the game does indeed.
Feelings = actual recording of Feelings
Come Fly Withe Me = remastered Sinatra original
Purple Haze = Techno Purple Haze Hendrix remix
The main game music and multiball are tracks I will buy from PremiumBeat.com once I decide on the options I am considering.
Volume leveling will be a bit of a process but once my new MacBook Pro arrives I can drop my tracks in to Logic and knock this out way faster than with Audacity on my Windows tablet.
If anyone has additional ideas for the custom audio let me know and I will be more than happy to share the work once I get it to a respectable place.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Good work! Can't wait to hear this

#386 4 years ago

OK, So after doing some additional playing and getting some feedback from a few friends I updated the music selection a bit.

Party Zone Thee = Groove Is In The Heart
Waiting for the Big Bang = Hotstepper
Game Over = Ice Ice Baby
Safe Sax = Good Vibrations (marky mark)
Purple Haze = Purple Haze Remix
Chicken Feet = Chicken Dance Remix, but may become Cotton Eye Joe
Dummy Dance Contest = I like to move it
Pinball Wizard = Pinball Wizard Remix
De Funkt = Around the world
Laff Attack = Move This, Technotronic
Multiball = Fantastic Voyage, Coolio
Fan Fare Football Drain = NFL on FOX Theme

I spoke with a voice over actor briefly today who has a great on air radio DJ quality to his voice and he is reviewing the source material to come up with a price for the project and I should know more in a few days.

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

OK, So after doing some additional playing and getting some feedback from a few friends I updated the music selection a bit.
Game Over = Ice Ice Baby
I spoke with a voice over actor briefly today who has a great on air radio DJ quality to his voice and he is reviewing the source material to come up with a price for the project and I should know more in a few days.

This is awesome.

#388 4 years ago

So some annoyances I must now deal with on my pursuit of audio rehabilitation for this game.

The older Pinsound studio program had the ability to create a PSREC file on the USB drive plugged in to the board while you played the game and then you could use that file to play back the audio of the game you just had as it happened on the computer making it much easier to diagnose why certain audio is or is not happening as expected.

The new "PRO" version of studio doesn't seem to have this capability and is really slowing me down, upside I will probably design some trigger shaker effects for this: https://www.pinsound.org/shop/index.php?id_product=55&controller=product&id_lang=1#/pinball-party_zone.

I have all the music files cut and normalized and I was fairly sure I had them in the right spots but alas, some issues will need to be sorted out.

Also I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend a GI OCD for this game if you converted over to LED as well as patching the latest game rom to better support LEDs and correct ghosting.

Video of very early work in progress of the music replacement only is uploading here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rnr9266a7k6rb5x/img_6862.mov?dl=0

Again some audio is triggering for unknown reasons but I am sure I will figure it out eventually.

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Game Over = Ice Ice Baby

God bless you sir!

#390 4 years ago

I have a new weird issue with my Party Zone. When captain bizarre is supposed to open his mouth when he talks sometimes it will move and sometimes it will not. In the test there isn't any rhyme or reason for why sometimes it will open in position x but not open in position y it seems that all of them work sometimes and none of them work all of the time what should I be looking at?

#391 4 years ago

I have continuity from coil to connector so don't think it's a broken wire issue. Coil will not activate at all anymore...

#392 4 years ago

I have 10.8ohms on the coil. Transistor tests good. I think I will try some fresh wire. Don't know why that would make a difference seeing as how I have continuity but I don't know what else to do. It has been cut and spliced previously maybe too much resistance to fire...idk just making shit up probably...lol.

#393 4 years ago

Aaaand broken wire strikes again! Fixed.

#394 4 years ago

Nice bit of work on the new music mix. Can't wait for the finished version.

#395 4 years ago

I have moved my Party Zone Audio Improvement Project to its own topic and linked to a Beta of my music conversion

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-audio-improvement-project-work-in-progress

#396 4 years ago

Anyone got an extra Captain B.Zarr head with no tears and minimal paint loss?

#397 4 years ago

Yeah I figured as much...lol.

#398 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Yeah I figured as much...lol.

Im going to see if I have any contacts that do 3D laser scanning. If I could get a model, it can be printed and reverse molded.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Im going to see if I have any contacts that do 3D laser scanning. If I could get a model, it can be printed and reverse molded.

That would be fantastic!

#400 4 years ago

I’m thinking of using Pump up the Jam remix on mine someday when I redo the audio. Great choices on the other mixes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1/page/8?hl=sk8ersublime and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.