20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3 (2) (resized).jpg
20231208_105757.jpg
20231208_105806.jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.
#301 5 years ago

Great idea, I’m stealing !
Borrowing

#302 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Just finished this. I think it’s pretty cool. Uv lights only on when the red GI string is active.
[quoted image]

Would you mind sharing the LED type, mfg?

#304 5 years ago

Are the RED lights still active, or did you disconnect those?
Or does it matter?

#305 5 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Are the RED lights still active, or did you disconnect those?
Or does it matter?

They they are still connected. Not the best video but in real life you still get the "red" effect around the plastics. I also think I can tone down the UV lights with a dimmer I have.

2 weeks later
#306 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

This setup works better than stock. Two washers under deflector and stiff springs above it with #8X1-1/4" screws so they are still solidly in the wood. Now I get like 25% of shots in. Think the mounting holes in deflector need to be elongated to allow more movement by getting hit.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I noticed your cliffy is lifted in the front the same as mine..I just removed mine until I find some better 2-sided tape. The 3-m stuff didnt hold it down. Definitely need to add them springs though..too mang rejects in that saucer..even without the cliffy!

#307 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I noticed your cliffy is lifted in the front the same as mine..I just removed mine until I find some better 2-sided tape. The 3-m stuff didnt hold it down. Definitely need to add them springs though..too mang rejects in that saucer..even without the cliffy!

I think a cliffy here will always lift. See it covered some of the angled face of the hole so when the ball hits it, it slowly is making the cliffy curve... when I restore this playfield and fix the saucer I’ll remove the cliffy.

#308 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I just removed all the tape and flip my Cliffy after it bends up in front.

Seems no tape or glue can hold it, so I decided not to fight it.

Bud

#309 5 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I just removed all the tape and flip my Cliffy after it bends up in front.
Seems no tape or glue can hold it, so I decided not to fight it.
Bud

I was going to try that too! I noticed it sits nice upside down as well. Has it started to lift the other way now after hitting the area Langless28 mentioned?!

#310 5 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have created a 3D model of the crash test dummy since they are unobtainium. I think its close to 100% dead on. I can do a few different things to accommodate the needs of the people.
For starters, i still have to add the art to the side of the head. I also need to test it with mech's inside. Not sure if the original was molded or thermoformed (my guess is thermoformed) because the wall thickness is a little uneven around it.
I can provide this model in the following ideas/flavors.
1. as-original
2. as-original but with the "decaled" features actually embossed into the part. This would allow you to 3D print it, color in the face/logo and NOT use stickers.
3. as-original but with thicker wall for durability----not sure how much thicker I can go due to the mechs inside.
4. solidly filled so that if you do not have the original metal parts, you can screw the arms/feet into the body (with like shoulder screws) and I can come up with a method to attach to the solenoid.
I can provide any of these ideas (or others) as a .STL file for anyone that needs them.

Fantastic! Could you send me an STL file of No 3 please? Thankyou so much.

#311 5 years ago
WhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.30 (resized).jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-03-05 at 17.41.30 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#312 5 years ago

Anyone have tips on how to silence the coil vibration when cap bizzar holds his mouth open?

1 week later
#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

of course!
amazon.com link »

I finally added the UV LED strips on my PZ and WOW !
I did no realize all the art was in Black Light colors, now it really pops !
I'll bet the original designers would have loved to put UV lights in there.

I also added my wiring for these two UV strips. (4 connections to the driver board)
The 12V is really unregulated ~15-16V DC so the UV lights are a bit brighter.
Also if the relay buzzes use a capacitor like 220uF or more.
Thanks to Langless28 for a great IDEA !

PZ with UV (resized).JPGPZ with UV (resized).JPGGI AC relay (resized).jpgGI AC relay (resized).jpg
#314 4 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

I finally added the UV LED strips on my PZ and WOW !
I did no realize all the art was in Black Light colors, now it really pops !
I'll bet the original designers would have loved to put UV lights in there.
I also added my wiring for these two UV strips. (4 connections to the driver board)
The 12V is really unregulated ~15-16V DC so the UV lights are a bit brighter.
Also if the relay buzzes use a capacitor like 220uF or more.
Thanks to Langless28 for a great IDEA ![quoted image][quoted image]

you could have skipped the bridge rectifier and just used a 6VAC relay.
also you have this so its always on, the red GI is Always on, its the other white GI that switch on/off to differential the effect. i would hook the relay up to a white GI string and have the LEDS on the NC side of the relay.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Just finished this. I think it’s pretty cool. UV lights only on when the red GI string is active.
[quoted image]

Well, I could try different GI outputs for best effect, but the red GI seems OK.
If I had a 6vac relay laying around, I would have used it.
I did Google for a 6vac coil relay and did find one.

I just use what ever parts are in my junk box.

6VAC relay (resized).JPG6VAC relay (resized).JPG
#316 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

you could have skipped the bridge rectifier and just used a 6VAC relay.
also you have this so its always on, the red GI is Always on, its the other white GI that switch on/off to differential the effect. i would hook the relay up to a white GI string and have the LEDS on the NC side of the relay.

Do you know the J120 pins for the best effect GI output?
I used the RED GI which is Brown and WHT/BRN (pins 1 & 7)

GI wires (resized).JPGGI wires (resized).JPG
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Do you know the J120 pins for the best effect GI output?
I used the RED GI which is Brown and WHT/BRN (pins 1 & 7)
[quoted image]

I can look when i get home but the idea is to have the UV on when all the WHITE GI is OFF.

RED GI is always lit no matter what (unless all lights are off), you cannot notice RED GI when red and white are both on.

so the idea was to connect the UV to the NC relay and connect the relay to any string of GI other than the RED GI.

so when White GI is ON, NC relay is actually open=no UV and when white GI is OFF, NC relay turns on the UV.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I can look when i get home but the idea is to have the UV on when all the WHITE GI is OFF.
RED GI is always lit no matter what (unless all lights are off), you cannot notice RED GI when red and white are both on.
so the idea was to connect the UV to the NC relay and connect the relay to any string of GI other than the RED GI.
so when White GI is ON, NC relay is actually open=no UV and when white GI is OFF, NC relay turns on the UV.

That makes sense, I'll give that a try.
Thanks

#319 4 years ago

Connected to one of the PF GI outputs and it for sure more interesting. Now UV is only on when the PF GI is off. (I used the NC contacts on the relay)
There is a lot more action on the UV lights, they are kind of a reward for good shots.

Thanks for the tips!

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

That makes sense, I'll give that a try.
Thanks

Updated schematic of UV light mod.

GI AC relay (resized).jpgGI AC relay (resized).jpg
#321 4 years ago

I can’t believe nobody is reproducing the ramps for this game yet. I think we would all buy a set if they did. 4000 units sold is a lot. That is equal to Scared Stiff’s numbers and almost everything has been reproduced for that game. Come on fabricators - show Party Zone some love.

2 weeks later
#322 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I have created a 3D model of the crash test dummy since they are unobtainium. I think its close to 100% dead on. I can do a few different things to accommodate the needs of the people.

PM sent to get a copy of this 3D model - a moving metal rod is way less fun than a dummy!

#323 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Ball coming off ramp issue.... put tons and tons of random plastic guides from other machines on the damn game.

See my post from a couple of years ago on using a magnet to slow the ball down. - Sheprd

#324 4 years ago

Big thankyou to Langless28! I had the Dancing Dummy printed with Shapeways (cost $11.96). I uploaded the STL file to their website so everyone can buy one. It's taken me 5 years to get this Dummy body and I'm chuffed with it.

Check it out at Shapeways. you can order it in different materials too.

https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=party+zone

20190411_125525 (resized).jpg20190411_125525 (resized).jpg20190411_125553 (resized).jpg20190411_125553 (resized).jpg20190411_125612 (resized).jpg20190411_125612 (resized).jpg
#325 4 years ago
Quoted from capriv8s:

Big thankyou to Langless28! I had the Dancing Dummy printed with Shapeways (cost $11.96). I uploaded the STL file to their website so everyone can buy one. It's taken me 5 years to get this Dummy body and I'm chuffed with it.
Check it out at Shapeways. you can order it in different materials too.
https://www.shapeways.com/marketplace?type=product&q=party+zone
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! did the details show in in the 3D print? Will you color the details black if so?

I will be working on the Cosmic Cottage next!

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Nice! did the details show in in the 3D print? Will you color the details black if so?
I will be working on the Cosmic Cottage next!

Yes they did but very faintly. Its printed in Processed Versatile Plastic which has a little bit of a rough texture to it. I'm going to get some auto spray paint the same colour as the original and paint it and apply the stickers. If you do the cottage, send me the STL file and I'll upload it to shapeways with the Dummy for everyone to obtain.

#327 4 years ago

Having an issue with Capt. B-Zarr, head will work ok then when it turns to the right (his left) it sticks there and throws an error or credit dot. Same results in head test, also there are no active switches other than the ones that are supposed to be closed. Optoboard was changed and are working properly. Motor control board swapped with known good one and still get same results. I have searched on Pinside and have seen that others have had the same issue but there hasnt been any fix. This si starting to get me frustrated as I dont know where to go next. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

#328 4 years ago

Not sure I can help, but the B-Zarr motor and opto blocker assembly could be out of alignment.
Here are before and after resto pictures of mine, maybe you will see something.
Have you verified the mechanical action, I seem to remember some weirdness aligning the opto blocker.

Zarr Before (resized).JPGZarr Before (resized).JPGZarr After (resized).JPGZarr After (resized).JPG
2 weeks later
#329 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:I have created a 3D model of the crash test dummy since they are unobtainium. I think its close to 100% dead on. I can do a few different things to accommodate the needs of the people.

Quoted from capriv8s:

This is a great success story! I've had the arms and legs up on Shapeways for quite some time now but I long ago gave up on modeling the dummy itself, primarily because I wanted to make it with the internal skeleton included so it would be possible to just snap the arms and legs I created directly onto the printed body/skeleton. Logic being that the skeleton would be just as hard as the plastic to obtain if the whole dummy was missing.

On the arms and legs I sized grooves for the black details (e.g., shoe laces, cuffs) such that a fine-tipped sharpie could be used to blacken these details for a closer-to-original look. Langless28 and capriv8s , might want to consider updating what is posted with the same strategy to let folks 'ink-on' the details that were originally stickers.

For those that aren't familiar, here's a link to buy the body, arms, and legs on Shapeways directly:

Arm: https://www.shapeways.com/product/N7GCPXEJ4/party-zone-dummy-arm?optionId=57584448&li=marketplace

Leg: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GMCMWLM63/party-zone-dummy-leg?optionId=57618196&li=marketplace

Body: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GC4QNHEN5/party-zone-dummy?optionId=96432716&li=marketplace

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

This is a great success story! I've had the arms and legs up on Shapeways for quite some time now but I long ago gave up on modeling the dummy itself, primarily because I wanted to make it with the internal skeleton included so it would be possible to just snap the arms and legs I created directly onto the printed body/skeleton. Logic being that the skeleton would be just as hard as the plastic to obtain if the whole dummy was missing.
On the arms and legs I sized grooves for the black details (e.g., shoe laces, cuffs) such that a fine-tipped sharpie could be used to blacken these details for a closer-to-original look. langless28 and capriv8s , might want to consider updating what is posted with the same strategy to let folks 'ink-on' the details that were originally stickers.
For those that aren't familiar, here's a link to buy the body, arms, and legs on Shapeways directly:
Arm: https://www.shapeways.com/product/N7GCPXEJ4/party-zone-dummy-arm?optionId=57584448&li=marketplace
Leg: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GMCMWLM63/party-zone-dummy-leg?optionId=57618196&li=marketplace
Body: https://www.shapeways.com/product/GC4QNHEN5/party-zone-dummy?optionId=96432716&li=marketplace
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

The body is debossed with the "stickered" items. I also have a version with an integrated bracket in case anyone is missing the bracket assembly stuff in addition.

Interesting to see my model is on shapeways shop. @capriv8s, are you getting markups for my designs?

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

The body is debossed with the "stickered" items. I also have a version with an integrated bracket in case anyone is missing the bracket assembly stuff in addition.
Interesting to see my model is on shapeways shop. capriv8s, are you getting markups for my designs?

I just checked. No markup. He’s just being a good guy and making it available to the public. However I will make a shapeways account and put all my stuff on there. No markup of course.

It’s interesting you can get a metal version for only several dollars more. Never break the dummy again!

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

I just checked. No markup. He’s just being a good guy and making it available to the public. However I will make a shapeways account and put all my stuff on there. No markup of course.

It’s interesting you can get a metal version for only several dollars more. Never break the dummy again!

Excited to see what else you populate into that storefront! Re: metal, I've printed lane guides in their metal offering and can report that it is pretty robust. I typically bring some examples to my booth at pinball shows so anyone interested who is coming to Allentown or the Northwest show this Spring is welcome to check out some 3D printed metal products (lane guides in this case).

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED Display Boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#333 4 years ago

Does anyone have a good pic of J115? I had one but can’t seem to find it.

#334 4 years ago

Not good ones lol. I’ll snap one tonight for you of it fixed.

6E3EEB7D-457A-4322-87F3-D21C37FADC00 (resized).jpeg6E3EEB7D-457A-4322-87F3-D21C37FADC00 (resized).jpegABA61701-89BD-4A84-AB92-F8F2958C46B0 (resized).jpegABA61701-89BD-4A84-AB92-F8F2958C46B0 (resized).jpeg
#335 4 years ago

Can someone snap a photo of the flippers up so I can compare to artwork? I feel I have the wrong flipper stops in my game.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Not good ones lol. I’ll snap one tonight for you of it fixed.

Thanks! I’m rewiring the connector I needed a reference

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from oidrew85:

Thanks! I’m rewiring the connector I needed a reference

6F165DA4-D2CA-4A7F-BEBC-181655DAAF64 (resized).jpeg6F165DA4-D2CA-4A7F-BEBC-181655DAAF64 (resized).jpeg
#338 4 years ago

I just reacquired my 2nd PZ and I’m curious if other owners have an x in their serial number? Mine reads 20004 X 840006. I would imagine it’s number 6 on the production line? It also has a bunch of red boards underneath

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

I just reacquired my 2nd PZ and I’m curious if other owners have an x in their serial number? Mine reads 20004 X 840006. I would imagine it’s number 6 on the production line? It also has a bunch of red boards underneath

X in the serial and red lamp boards means its a prototype game!

Post some pics!

2 weeks later
#340 4 years ago

Hi PZ owners. Capt bizarre is doing bizarre things.

It works perfect in test mode. All optos work.

During gameplay if I shoot the left ramp when the head turns all the way left, it will stay there.

Then when I go into test mode it reports head malfunction.

Go into head test mode or reboot game = it’s back to fully working. Until that left ramp is hit!

I’ve read about the 3rd opto on the head opto board can cause issues, but I know that opto works. Could it be a gearbox issue?

2 weeks later
#341 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballkyle:

Hi PZ owners. Capt bizarre is doing bizarre things.
It works perfect in test mode. All optos work.
During gameplay if I shoot the left ramp when the head turns all the way left, it will stay there.
Then when I go into test mode it reports head malfunction.
Go into head test mode or reboot game = it’s back to fully working. Until that left ramp is hit!
I’ve read about the 3rd opto on the head opto board can cause issues, but I know that opto works. Could it be a gearbox issue?

It looks like you are having the same issue as I was experiencing. The fault lies in the optos that bally utilized for the opto board. It is along the same path of issues for other opto boards i.e. TZ clock. I am working with german-pinball to hopefully have a suitable replacement. Will have more info soon. In the meantime do not order the replacement board from Marco nor replacement equivalent optos from your local rat shack or Mouser, Digi-key, etc.

I cannot stress enough as wonky as this seems it is your optos.

1 week later
#342 4 years ago

If someone is using pin2dmd on PZ and have time for testing I'm willing to send file.

20180114_125938 (resized).jpg20180114_125938 (resized).jpg20180114_125947 (resized).jpg20180114_125947 (resized).jpg
#343 4 years ago
Quoted from sibi:

If someone is using pin2dmd on PZ and have time for testing I'm willing to send file.[quoted image][quoted image]

Could you speak a little more on the pin2dmd system? Is it something you buy all the components and build yourself?

#344 4 years ago

Got some weird sound issues going on with my party zone. It’s makes one sound and seems to get stuck in tone. Reseated all connections and no luck. Which chip on this board could be giving me problems?

BEF2AEA4-B2E2-4886-A0CF-A1353EF02C28 (resized).jpegBEF2AEA4-B2E2-4886-A0CF-A1353EF02C28 (resized).jpeg
#345 4 years ago

Does anyone have a complete bulb list for Party Zone? A friend of mine has one he wants me to shop out, it has some flipper issues and needs new rubbers, and some lights are out, so I want to go ahead and LED it for him. Since I dont have the machine in my possession, all I have to go off of is the manual/part list, but I feel like there are WAY TOO MANY bulbs listed. I personally like to build my own LED kits opposed to getting a kit from one of the major sites.

#346 4 years ago

The wait is over!!! PZ owners and fans rejoice!!!

After trial and error like those of you who are experiencing or have had issues with the optos/ opto board for Capt. B-Zarr there is finally a fix from @german-pinball!!

Here is the link of the "Ultimate Party Zone opto board" in action:

This was a joint effort by german-pinball and @b-o-p, additionally there are only a limited quantity for the first run please see this ad in the marketplace https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1038-german-pinball-modular/02593-ultimate-party-zone-motor-opto-switch-board-5768-12866-00

Also take advantage of the free shipping but hurry!!

PZUOB (resized).jpgPZUOB (resized).jpg
#347 4 years ago
Quoted from Slingshot:

The wait is over!!! PZ owners and fans rejoice!!!
After trial and error like those of you who are experiencing or have had issues with the optos/ opto board for Capt. B-Zarr there is finally a fix from german-pinball!!
Here is the link of the "Ultimate Party Zone opto board" in action:
This was a joint effort by german-pinball and b-o-p, additionally there are only a limited quantity for the first run please see this ad in the marketplace https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1038-german-pinball-modular/02593-ultimate-party-zone-motor-opto-switch-board-5768-12866-00
Also take advantage of the free shipping but hurry!![quoted image]

Now 9. Picked one up. Learned the hard way not to jump on stuff like this. Awesome work!

#348 4 years ago

Offering my custom made apron cards for Party Zone for $10 which includes postage to US address. Cards are printed on photo printer using OEM inks and ultra gloss photo paper and laminated with clear gloss vinyl. Please PM me if interested in purchasing.

PZ1 (resized).jpgPZ1 (resized).jpgPZ2 (resized).jpgPZ2 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#349 4 years ago

What is everyone's preference when it comes to the "BOP" insert light colors? Have purple but its hard to see.

#350 4 years ago

Our party zone before during and after, alot of work but well worth it in the end.

20190519_142832 (resized).jpg20190519_142832 (resized).jpg20190524_152553 (resized).jpg20190524_152553 (resized).jpg20190526_144038 (resized).jpg20190526_144038 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.