20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3 (2) (resized).jpg
20231208_105757.jpg
20231208_105806.jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.
#151 6 years ago

Need help, first is was doing it very rarely, but not its a hard fail. B Zarr's head starts rotating clockwise and doesn't stop! First I could just "Unwind" the wires and turn the game on and he would be fine. Now I can't stop him from going all exorcist on me. Would it be the board he is attached to? Opto switches maybe? or another board that controls that?

Jason

1 week later
#152 6 years ago

Found an issue with my party zone that I can't collect eat or rocket fuel points from the left ramp. The weird part is I have no switch errors and all my switches read just fine.

#153 6 years ago

I love pf toys lol, still waiting on all new rottendog boards but here's a little update on my PZ! looking more and more like the Star Wars Cantina, working on getting the BBB tube dancer motorized, CC beer mug target, RFM Allien & ship and still on the hunt for a real Big Shot figure!

008.JPG008.JPG

009.JPG009.JPG

010.JPG010.JPG

011.JPG011.JPG

012.JPG012.JPG

#154 6 years ago

What is that dancing girl in the back and where do I find one?! Really like the beer mugs, where did you find those? Plus, your mirror blades makes a cool crazy game even crazier. Love it.

Jason

#155 6 years ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

What is that dancing girl in the back and where do I find one?! Really like the beer mugs, where did you find those? Plus, your mirror blades makes a cool crazy game even crazier. Love it.
Jason

Very rare Big Bang Bar tube dancer, the new reproduction one is found here on pinside https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bb-barbara and the tube is at pinbits https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_32&products_id=317 the slow boat from China 6v gear reduction motor found on ebay here ebay.com link: itm

The beer mug is from another rare Bally a Cactus Canyon target NOS and I got it from eclipse pinball on ebay here ebay.com link: Bally Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Playfield Beer Mug Pop Jumping Target NOS

bbb_tube (resized).jpgbbb_tube (resized).jpg

#156 6 years ago

YAY got my game up and running again with a working head. For sone reason, I had to change out all of the transistors on the board that controls the head, they all but 1 or 2 tested bad. I did not change out the opto switches on the board below the head, but did buy them just in case. It now works but his jaw intermits. Maybe my solder job isn't perfect with the 5 transistors maybe? I'm just glad I can play it again.

And thanks for the tips GMKALOS for the play field toy ideas!

3 weeks later
#157 6 years ago

Just joined the PZ club. Picked up a nice players machine. Some pf wear but has a NOS left ramp and rebuilt flippers.
My question is: has anyone done anything to make the "request saucer" in front of the captain easier to hit? With rebuilt flippers, the ball flies in and out every time. Only random rebound shots stay in. Mine has a velcro covered bracket behind the hole, Not sure if it's stock.

#158 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Just joined the PZ club. Picked up a nice players machine. Some pf wear but has a NOS left ramp and rebuilt flippers.
My question is: has anyone done anything to make the "request saucer" in front of the captain easier to hit? With rebuilt flippers, the ball flies in and out every time. Only random rebound shots stay in. Mine has a velcro covered bracket behind the hole, Not sure if it's stock.

My flips are rebuilt and I have a new Roddendog power board supplying 35v strong to the coils. Its kinda a light touch shot and I'm sure the Velcro isn't helping, I just have a new bare metal plate from MARCO on there and it works fine.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I just have a new bare metal plate from MARCO

My bracket isn't like that one. Will look into this. Thx!

#160 6 years ago

Just in case you ever wanted to see a PZ topside expsosion! Getting ready to put a hurting on this bad boy with 5 coats of 2K clear over the factory Diamond Plate!

019.JPG019.JPG

1 week later
#161 6 years ago

5 coats of 2K clear over the Diamond Plate for good measure...WAY OUT OF CONTROL!

003 (resized).JPG003 (resized).JPG

#162 6 years ago

Nice looking PZ playfield... did you do it yourself, or have it done?

Is the bottom side off, or still populated?

#163 6 years ago

I wanted to share an easy mod that can make the Cosmic Cottage pop! Grab a purple LED pop ring, hot glue it into the cap and wire it into the white GI. Totally cool!!!

20170603_195242 (resized).jpg20170603_195242 (resized).jpg

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Nice looking PZ playfield... did you do it yourself, or have it done?
Is the bottom side off, or still populated?

I did it myself and the bottom is still populated, check my advertisement I restore pins, $600 for 3-5 coats of 2-part automotive grade clear coat (2K) blocked and polished on just about any pf!

004.jpg004.jpg

006 copy.jpg006 copy.jpg

33ba7755a1e8af7536f28daf639f6b5bcff74a02 copy.jpg33ba7755a1e8af7536f28daf639f6b5bcff74a02 copy.jpg

7cf11015ee6af7823b10ebb6cf196044d57744b6 copy.jpg7cf11015ee6af7823b10ebb6cf196044d57744b6 copy.jpg

026 (2).jpg026 (2).jpg

#165 6 years ago

Bulletproofed with all new Rottendog boards with nvram (no batteries) and a fresh burnt rom chip. Re-capping the sound board with Nichicon gold audio caps and another set of new roms.

059.JPG059.JPG

2 weeks later
#166 6 years ago

I was just comparing my PZ cabinet artwork with other PZ's out there. My cabinet has all silkscreened artwork screened directly on the painted wood and most of the other PZ's I have seen seem to have cabinet vinyl decals, you can see how my bolt in the front panel was painted over from the factory. If you run your hand over the cabinet you can feel the braille like texture of the silk screened artwork in the dots and in the black lines. Could this be a prototype or perhaps an early release of the game, does anybody else have this kind of artwork?

dbbd207150b6f4663faa9ca9add5b93ff64e4869 copy.jpgdbbd207150b6f4663faa9ca9add5b93ff64e4869 copy.jpg
001.JPG001.JPG

#167 6 years ago

I don't think the factory had color matching bolts. It was probably painted that way from a previous owner.

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

I don't think the factory had color matching bolts. It was probably painted that way from a previous owner.

I don't think the painted bolt head is important they may have just made a run of them like this. If you look at my earlier pics the painted bolt head had faded with the rest of the yellow just the same before I restored the faded yellow factory paint with the Copic ink. The significance is the silk screened art, if someone could take a close-up comparison shot from the left flipper button, with factory cab decals you will immediately see the color and pattern difference.

001.JPG001.JPG

#169 6 years ago

I have a real, unmolested HUO PZ; the bolts are unpainted, but it does have raised print screening. It looks slightly washed out because I shined a bright lite on it.

DSCF1588 (resized).JPGDSCF1588 (resized).JPG

#170 6 years ago

Wow I can tell shes a beauty they must be an early run of the silk screened cabinets, the only painted over bolt was that one shown by the coin door. I thought everyone just had aftermarket decals but after seeing some really nice unmolested PZ's I realized that the factory must have switched to vinyl at some point. There may be a variant in the rocket, one seems more light pink and the other is red, at first I thought this was just from fade but like mine you only see the pink rocket on the heavily faded cabinets. There's a really nice one up here on Pinside right now it has the factory vinyl and seems completely unmolested aside from my hot-rodded PZ!

index.jpgindex.jpg
e60517c6d4d5ca60ef41cd2832699b36a017b1f5.jpge60517c6d4d5ca60ef41cd2832699b36a017b1f5.jpg

#171 6 years ago

My cab is painted/ silk screened as well. Beautiful and bright!

2 weeks later
#172 6 years ago

does anyone have a spare dancing dummy (just plastic body)please?

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from capriv8s:

does anyone have a spare dancing dummy (just plastic body)please?

It's made of fiberglass, somebody should defiantly make one of these!

#174 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

It's made of fiberglass, somebody should defiantly make one of these!

I have offered before if someone could get me a worn but still intact one, I can re-design so it can be made at shapeways

#175 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I have offered before if someone could get me a worn but still intact one, I can re-design so it can be made at shapeways

Oh man you should I have your rocket flame it's awesome! I can send you detailed measurements.

056.JPG056.JPG

#176 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

Oh man you should I have your rocket flame it's awesome! I can send you detailed measurements.

glad you like the flame, happy to try and model via sent measurements / photos etc if it helps others

#177 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I've got the arms and legs available up there on Shapeways but not the body... I started the 3d file about 2 years ago but never finished it.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#178 6 years ago

happy to do the body and put up at Shapeways to complete the set, just send me a pm if you can loan me a body (I will pay for reasonable postage to me and back to you and arrange for a tester to go to you for free) or send me accurate vernier dimensions.

#179 6 years ago

swinks, Ive been trying to repair mine to get a 3D scan of it, but I'm not having much success (Its too fragile now) Please can someone help???

20160710_105801_002 (resized).jpg20160710_105801_002 (resized).jpg

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#180 6 years ago

Any one have a good Party Zone right ramp for sale?

#181 6 years ago

So PZ is pretty cool, I dont know if anybody else notices this but there's more than the 3 other pins on the backglass. Aside from Dr. Dude, Elvira and the Party Monsters and Party Animals I'm pretty sure that's also Mousin' Around from '89! I wonder who are some of these other characters and if they might be small tributes from other pins, I don't recognize that cyclops or that bearded guy with the beer???

9a64ccbfd1bb67878a41ba763b8405e0.jpg9a64ccbfd1bb67878a41ba763b8405e0.jpg

1.JPG1.JPG

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

260px-MousinAroundpinballOblique.jpg260px-MousinAroundpinballOblique.jpg

2.JPG2.JPG

3.JPG3.JPG

#182 6 years ago

Working on a Pz right now. Is the red g.i. string only supposed to light during Big Bang?

Mine is lit during attract mode and during gameplay. When Big Bang is achieved, the standard g.i. turns off and only the red string remains lit.

I believe the standard g.i. also turns off (red remains lit) for a few seconds during the other multiballs.

#183 6 years ago
Quoted from gmkalos:

I wonder who are some of these other characters and if they might be small tributes from other pins, I don't recognize that cyclops or that bearded guy with the beer???

Good eye! The cyclops is TROG, from the arcade game of the same name. The bearded guy is Dennis Nordman, the game designer.

#184 6 years ago
Quoted from grbgemen:

Is the red g.i. string only supposed to light during Big Bang?

The red GI is lit constantly. It's only visible by itslef during multiball start and big bang.
I think Bally wanted to do something similar with Black Rose. It also has a red GI string, but you never see it lit by itself. Unless my wiring is hacked.

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

The red GI is lit constantly. It's only visible by itslef during multiball start and big bang.
I think Bally wanted to do something similar with Black Rose. It also has a red GI string, but you never see it lit by itself. Unless my wiring is hacked.

Thanks!

1 week later
#186 6 years ago

Just joined the club... this pin needs some TLC but I've switched out to LEDs (playing with the color scheme a bit) and I did some work on the high current board and swapped out the DMD. Playfield needs some repair where there was flipper drag and someone tried to do a touch up (if you can call it that). Cabinet art is faded in the front and slightly faded on the sides but the price was right so I figured it was worth some time.

Party Zone PF (resized).jpgParty Zone PF (resized).jpg
pinball row (resized).jpgpinball row (resized).jpg

#187 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Cabinet art is faded in the front and slightly faded on the sides but the price was right

Here's an easy and cheap fix...use yellow magum Sharpies (not high lighter); regular yellow. Craft stores sell them. Once done, mist with a light coat of clearcoat.

20170604_092951 (resized).jpg20170604_092951 (resized).jpg

20170604_095522 (resized).jpg20170604_095522 (resized).jpg

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from GLSP3022:

Here's an easy and cheap fix...use yellow magum Sharpies (not high lighter); regular yellow. Craft stores sell them. Once done, mist with a light coat of clearcoat.

Nice, maybe I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

#189 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Just joined the club... this pin needs some TLC but I've switched out to LEDs (playing with the color scheme a bit) and I did some work on the high current board and swapped out the DMD. Playfield needs some repair where there was flipper drag and someone tried to do a touch up (if you can call it that). Cabinet art is faded in the front and slightly faded on the sides but the price was right so I figured it was worth some time.

Good grab - ramps look nice and I like how it matches the EATPM next door!

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#190 6 years ago

My red gi string is all regular bulbs. I'm thinking of doing purple for purple haze

#191 6 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

My red gi string is all regular bulbs. I'm thinking of doing purple for purple haze

I thought about that, or a mix of uv and purple. I will say I inadvertently put a blue strip over the way out of control spiral on the pf and realized how black light responsive the pf is! One thing I did do was add a 3 banger natural white strip underneath Captain Bizarre's plastic, I'm going to order a red one too and tie it into the gi.

Still looking for a real Big Shot figure and MB Dracula or Frankenstein!

064.JPG064.JPG
063.JPG063.JPG
068.JPG068.JPG

#192 6 years ago

Ball flying off ramp fix. I know this has been discussed with several possible fixes, some of them may work for you, but here's a simple fix that corrected my issue...

Take some old flipper rubber and cut a small piece of about 3/4"in length, put it in between the wire form ramp over top of the top screw so the bow is facing up and then put 2 clear plastic washers under the first brace. I have tested this about 100 times and the ball only came off the ramp 1 time and it has not happened since during game play.

Good luck!

ramp fix 1 (resized).jpgramp fix 1 (resized).jpg

ramp fix 2 (resized).jpgramp fix 2 (resized).jpg

ramp fix 3 (resized).jpgramp fix 3 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#193 6 years ago

Anyone have a nice used translite for sale?

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from tiltmonster:

Ball flying off ramp fix. I know this has been discussed with several possible fixes, some of them may work for you, but here's a simple fix that corrected my issue...

I've found this to be more of a leveling/pitch "problem". On your machine prior to your purchase, it did not fall of the ramp until I moved the position of the game & increased pitch. I enjoyed having it fall off (ala indisc) as having a controlled feed to both flippers makes this even more of a wood chopping game.

#195 6 years ago

Hey everyone

I joined the PZ club as well

My son LOVES it

Couple things
Anyone have a clear shot of the GI circuits

My reds are on constantly

Also does anyone have or make a Rock It Meter ?
have slight wear from a dragged flipper years ago

Other wise super happy

IMG_3873 (resized).JPGIMG_3873 (resized).JPG

#196 6 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hey everyone
I joined the PZ club as well
My son LOVES it
Couple things
Anyone have a clear shot of the GI circuits
My reds are on constantly
Also does anyone have or make a Rock It Meter ?
have slight wear from a dragged flipper years ago
Other wise super happy

Red GI stays on almost all the time, looks nice man!

4 weeks later
#197 6 years ago

I took Captain Bzar's head off to touch up the red of his helmet. Note: Red Sharpie is a perfect match and looks great. Prior to removing the head, everything worked fine. After replacing the head, I realized that his mouth no longer moves. The Head Test in the testing menu shows no errors. I ran the test with the play field vertical so I could see what was happening underneath. There were no visible detached or loose wires. If I manipulated the main group of wires supplying the head, then I could get the jaw to intermittently open and close.

So, I disconnected the head mechanism and took it out of the machine for further examining. I removed some electrical tape from around a couple of the wires and everything underneath the tape looked perfect. I put the head mechanism back in the machine. Thankfully, it still turns appropriately, but the jaw will not move at all. The Head Test still shows no error.

Any ideas? Thanks a ton for any help!

#198 6 years ago
Quoted from SkaterVet:

I took Captain Bzar's head off to touch up the red of his helmet. Note: Red Sharpie is a perfect match and looks great. Prior to removing the head, everything worked fine. After replacing the head, I realized that his mouth no longer moves. The Head Test in the testing menu shows no errors. I ran the test with the play field vertical so I could see what was happening underneath. There were no visible detached or loose wires. If I manipulated the main group of wires supplying the head, then I could get the jaw to intermittently open and close.
So, I disconnected the head mechanism and took it out of the machine for further examining. I removed some electrical tape from around a couple of the wires and everything underneath the tape looked perfect. I put the head mechanism back in the machine. Thankfully, it still turns appropriately, but the jaw will not move at all. The Head Test still shows no error.
Any ideas? Thanks a ton for any help!

If you hear the coil for the jaw being activated the little flap that moves the jaw might be stuck in the wrong spot in the head. If you don't hear the coil being activated I bet you have a loose or broken (maybe within the insulation) wire.

#199 6 years ago

You should hear the coil actuating first and foremost, if not then you have a connection issue to the coil or burnt out transistor for the coil. If you do hear it clicking then you may have the jaw flap in his head instead of his jaw cavity, check out this thread I made of how to improve the jaw movement...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-repair-your-party-zone-captain-bizarres-head-with-sucess

#200 6 years ago

Thanks gang. As the problem started after removing the head and I was able to get the jaw to work intermittently by manipulating the wires, a wire or connection must have come loose when I was removing the head. I'll remove the insulation and see if I can find it. Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1/page/4?hl=skatervet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.