IMG_3577 (resized).JPG
IMG_3575 (resized).JPG
IMG_3681 (resized).JPG
IMG_3613 (resized).jpeg
119 (resized).jpg
20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.
#601 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

You wanted a teaser, here it is. One off set has been fitted. It is tight because the ramps are much thicker. They were made on a female mold so the tabs are way thicker. So thick, you may need longer screws at some attachment points. Need to now run 150 sets so everyone will be able to get one. Also waiting on the decals and flap for the upper left ramp. 2-4 weeks.
[quoted image]

Look awesome!

#602 3 years ago

Excellent looking! Is there a price point we can expect? Are all of them going to be in a single run?

#603 3 years ago

Very nice Larry

#604 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

You wanted a teaser, here it is. One off set has been fitted. It is tight because the ramps are much thicker. They were made on a female mold so the tabs are way thicker. So thick, you may need longer screws at some attachment points. Need to now run 150 sets so everyone will be able to get one. Also waiting on the decals and flap for the upper left ramp. 2-4 weeks.
[quoted image]

That's awesome, I sold my pin but I would have bought those because I had broken ramps. Good luck!

#605 3 years ago

Hey guys... so I was playing a few games when I got home today and I shot cosmic robot. I got surprise (multiball) I plunged... shot the rocket then I some how got both balls shot into the cosmic shot again and the balls were like jammed up... not allowing it to kick it into the wireform. Is there a fix for this or the old extension magnet the only way out? I have owned the game a few weeks and it has happened 3 times in the last few days.
Any insight would be great!

#606 3 years ago
Quoted from Budwin:

Had that happen too, just the extra switch attached to the right flipper had a bad connection.

Hi all. Still having issues with not being able to choose songs / move BOP around and selecting name for high score. Can't find any loose wires near flippers and nothing else stands out.

Does anyone know if a service manual exists at all?

thanks

#607 3 years ago

Yep, I have one. Planetary Pinball and Marcospec should have reprints for sale.

#608 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Yep, I have one. Planetary Pinball and Marcospec should have reprints for sale.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

1 week later
#609 3 years ago

A couple questions for the Party Zone crowd:

- the red GI string that lights up for the Big Bang... how many bulbs are on that string and what type are they? Would they originally have come with those little rubber bulb covers? And do we just get them in red as LED's now?

- my machine is missing the little plastic sign for the Cosmic Cottage. I don't have the little metal bracket either. The plastic piece comes in the full plastics kit (currently unavailable at the places I know to check) and the individual piece I did find here at Ministry of Pinball (also out of stock). Anyone have the plastic piece for sale or know where I can get one? I also can't find the little metal bracket on the parts pages. Anyone know of a suitable replacement?

The shopout image I attached shows it clearly because the Cosmic Cottage has been removed. I think it is supposed to mount behind the Cosmic Cottage though and not in front of it?

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/6329/s/party-zone-cosmic-cottage-plastic-31-1-20004-15/

The game plays very well overall. Really happy with it. My modest little collection numbers three now. Took 30 years to get the first... 3 more months to get the 2nd... and about a week and a half to get the 3rd! Gotta hold-off on getting anymore until at least the New Year, lol.

Thanks!!

44 (resized).jpg44 (resized).jpgimage-16 (resized).jpgimage-16 (resized).jpgIMG_2609 (resized).JPGIMG_2609 (resized).JPG
#610 3 years ago

Did you check Starship Fantasy? Larry shows the cottage in his store. Check with him

#611 3 years ago

I read that wrong, you’re looking for the sign not the cottage itself. Sorry

#612 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

A couple questions for the Party Zone crowd:
- the red GI string that lights up for the Big Bang... how many bulbs are on that string and what type are they? Would they originally have come with those little rubber bulb covers? And do we just get them in red as LED's now?
- my machine is missing the little plastic sign for the Cosmic Cottage. I don't have the little metal bracket either. The plastic piece comes in the full plastics kit (currently unavailable at the places I know to check) and the individual piece I did find here at Ministry of Pinball (also out of stock). Anyone have the plastic piece for sale or know where I can get one? I also can't find the little metal bracket on the parts pages. Anyone know of a suitable replacement?
The shopout image I attached shows it clearly because the Cosmic Cottage has been removed. I think it is supposed to mount behind the Cosmic Cottage though and not in front of it?
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/catalog/product/view/id/6329/s/party-zone-cosmic-cottage-plastic-31-1-20004-15/
The game plays very well overall. Really happy with it. My modest little collection numbers three now. Took 30 years to get the first... 3 more months to get the 2nd... and about a week and a half to get the 3rd! Gotta hold-off on getting anymore until at least the New Year, lol.
Thanks!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

20200321_151819 (resized).jpg20200321_151819 (resized).jpg
#613 3 years ago

Cottage is missing the purple top.

#614 3 years ago

Beauty photo man. That’s perfect. Thanks.

1 week later
#615 3 years ago

Party Zone ramps are still pending. I'm arguing about the price to thermoform them.

#616 3 years ago

The sample set looks awesome!! I would love a new set, been patch repairing my right ramp for years and its for sure on its last legs

#617 3 years ago

Researching to buy a set of plastics for my party zone. I see several reproduction sets available from different companies. Are there any significant differences? Anything specific I should be looking for, or trying to avoid? thanks!

#618 3 years ago

The odds are they were all made by Planetary Pinball. There are a few tweaks that are needed. I just installed a set from PP last week on my game.

#619 3 years ago

Went through the last little nook and cranny on my PZ replacing light bulbs. Went with the same consistent style for each (frosted dome). The red GI feature looks incredible on this game. Love the lighting and how colourful it all is.

I noticed something underneath the Captain B. Zarr plastic that I wanted to ask about though. The two "request time" targets that are on either side of the DJ eject hole, it looks like those plastic targets will come back far enough to just come into contact with the rubber ring that is along the side of the Captain. And I saw that these rubber rings have slight cut marks in them. Enough so that it will eventually go right through and sever the rubber ring.

Is there a fix for this? Is it just a matter of putting a little extra thickness of padding in behind the plastic target cover and on top of the leaf switch end, so that it can't push back far enough to reach the rubber ring? I don't think it happens all the time, but probably does when you hit those targets hard. Anyone playing the game regularly I assume doesn't aim for that target directly a whole lot, as the ball caroms off at crazy angles. New players on my machine don't know that though and that whole Captain area sure does take a beating.

#620 3 years ago

Party Zone ramps are up on the website, starship-fantasy.com. You may order them now but nothing will ship till Monday. When we release new ramps we normally get slammed and it may take us a day or 2 to ship all of them. No hurry. I made 150 sets.

#621 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Party Zone ramps are up on the website, starship-fantasy.com. You may order them now but nothing will ship till Monday. When we release new ramps we normally get slammed and it may take us a day or 2 to ship all of them. No hurry. I made 150 sets.

How much would shipping to Canada be for the left and right ramps? Postal code N1E 7L5.

#622 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

They look great! I bet if you made the garage ramp for TSPP you would have a ton of buyers since they are always broken. (mine is broken.)

1 week later
#623 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Ordered my set. My ramps are ok but it’s worth to have a spare setup and will replace when I do my full restore on the game.

#624 3 years ago

Fedex driver made a stop at my house today!

IMG_3300 (resized).JPGIMG_3300 (resized).JPG

I must be patient because everything that comes in to my home spends time in quarrantine first, so this box will sit where it lays for a day or two to let the fedex funk dissipate before opening.

Really a no-brainer to get a set when you consider how rare it has been to find a ramp in usable condition and what price that usable ramp would fetch.

-Rob
-visit https://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or my replacement LED display boards for model H & model S Skee Ball

#625 3 years ago

Looking for a nice party zone to buy within a cpl hrs drive from Maryland. Anyone? Thanks. Mìke

1 week later
#626 3 years ago

Has anybody installed the new Party Zone ramps yet? I want to buy a set but wanted some owner feedback before pulling the trigger. How’s the fit and do they work as well as the OEM ones? Thanks in advance.

#627 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Has anybody installed the new Party Zone ramps yet? I want to buy a set but wanted some owner feedback before pulling the trigger. How’s the fit and do they work as well as the OEM ones? Thanks in advance.

I got my set safe and sound last week. In middle of finishing my basement/ game room and then need to finishing my T2 project then ramps are going into party zone. Sorry it won’t be right away.

#628 3 years ago

Does anyone know the seller? I asked how much shipping would be to Canada and never got a reply.

#630 3 years ago

Received the Starship-Fantasy ramps from Irosent345 today - they were very well packaged and look to be of excellent quality.

Many thanks for making them.

I'll be keeping them inside my Party Zone cabinet as spares for the day the originals break!!

20210107_131041 (resized).jpg20210107_131041 (resized).jpg20210107_131220 (resized).jpg20210107_131220 (resized).jpg20210107_131340_HDR (resized).jpg20210107_131340_HDR (resized).jpg20210107_131617 (resized).jpg20210107_131617 (resized).jpg
#631 3 years ago

Mad Dog Coin OP, someone has posted their experience with installing the new PZ ramps in the group, New ramps from
Starship Fantasy.

#632 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Mad Dog Coin OP, someone has posted their experience with installing the new PZ ramps in the group, New ramps from
Starship Fantasy.

Perfect. That is all I needed to see. Just placed an order for the full set.

#633 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Starship Fantasy.

Is there a link to this? I'd like to read those reviews as well.

1 week later
#635 3 years ago

I was wondering if anyone has a good technique for getting access to the components behind the back of the playfield that they could share? I would like to replace the sleeve in the coil for the ramp return upkicker and I'm not sure how to get at it. Pics or a video would be great if they're out there.

#636 3 years ago

You could always turn the playfield upside down with a friend. I've had pretty good luck raising the playfield a bit so the screws in the back are easy to reach with a screwdriver.

#637 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

I was wondering if anyone has a good technique for getting access to the components behind the back of the playfield that they could share? I would like to replace the sleeve in the coil for the ramp return upkicker and I'm not sure how to get at it. Pics or a video would be great if they're out there.

Gaining access is fairly easy once you know the trick. Most are afraid to do it.

Step 1) Remove the balls and get a block of wood or dense foam (6” x 6” or something close to that)

Step 2) Lift the playfield to about the position where you would use the playfield prop stick. While in the air look underneath the playfield at the pivot pins. You will notice there is a slot in the pivot pin bracket that allows for the playfield to be removed or inserted into the cabinet. Grab the playfield on both sides and lift it off the pivot pins. It is about a 45 degree angle. Lift it a couple inches up and then pull it a couple inches forward towards the coin door. Don’t go crazy here, just move it a couple inches. Lower the back of the playfield on the playfield pins (beyond the playfield brackets). There is about 8” of playfield behind the playfield brackets that will still support the playfield nicely. If you pull the playfield forward beyond that it will drop into the cabinet.

Step 3) Now that you have bypassed the bracket, lower the playfield down and insert the block of wood between the bottom of the playfield and top of the front of the cabinet. Make sure you chose a space that doesn’t damage any of the mechanisms. You will now have a nice exposed view of the rear of the playfield.

Step 4) Make your repairs and reverse the process.

#638 3 years ago

Gaining access is fairly easy once you know the trick. Most are afraid to do it.
Step 1) Remove the balls and get a block of wood or dense foam (6” x 6” or something close to that)
Step 2) Lift the playfield to about the position where you would use the playfield prop stick. While in the air look underneath the playfield at the pivot pins. You will notice there is a slot in the pivot pin bracket that allows for the playfield to be removed or inserted into the cabinet. Grab the playfield on both sides and lift it off the pivot pins. It is about a 45 degree angle. Lift it a couple inches up and then pull it a couple inches forward towards the coin door. Don’t go crazy here, just move it a couple inches. Lower the back of the playfield on the playfield pins (beyond the playfield brackets). There is about 8” of playfield behind the playfield brackets that will still support the playfield nicely. If you pull the playfield forward beyond that it will drop into the cabinet.
Step 3) Now that you have bypassed the bracket, lower the playfield down and insert the block of wood between the bottom of the playfield and top of the front of the cabinet. Make sure you chose a space that doesn’t damage any of the mechanisms. You will now have a nice exposed view of the rear of the playfield.
Step 4) Make your repairs and reverse the process.

Awesome! Thanks. I will give this a try. Should I be doing this with a helper though? I'm on my own for the time being with the covid lockdown here right now.

#639 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexRogan84:

Awesome! Thanks. I will give this a try. Should I be doing this with a helper though? I'm on my own for the time being with the covid lockdown here right now.

It isn't bad if your playfield doesn't bind when you move it up and down. Mine is a tight fit so it takes a little effort. I still can do it by myself though.

#640 3 years ago

The new ramps are installed and look great. The thickness is slightly problematic for installation. The old ramp being thiner was more flexible. On the right side I had to ditch the factory spacer on the outlane and add a couple Lexon washers in another spot. I also had to loose my slingshot protectors to expose enough thread to attach the ramp to the right sling. All minor stuff and the ball rides the ramp flawlessly.

20210122_105619 (resized).jpg20210122_105619 (resized).jpg20210122_105637 (resized).jpg20210122_105637 (resized).jpg20210122_105708 (resized).jpg20210122_105708 (resized).jpg20210122_113430 (resized).jpg20210122_113430 (resized).jpg

#641 3 years ago

The new ramps are installed and look great. The thickness is slightly problematic for installation. The old ramp being thiner was more flexible. On the right side I had to ditch the factory spacer on the outlane and add a couple Lexon washers in another spot. I also had to loose my slingshot protectors to expose enough thread to attach the ramp to the right sling. All minor stuff and the ball rides the ramp flawlessly.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

20210122_114825 (resized).jpg20210122_114825 (resized).jpg
#642 3 years ago

Just picked one up. $2k. Found it locally. Only played the game once or twice before. Hoping we like it.

#643 3 years ago

Joined the club!
Yes or no opinions
LEDs?
Mirrors ?
Sideblades?
Color dimd was a must for me so already ordered that.
Looks like I need center plastic and dummy.
Available?

20210124_133701 (resized).jpg20210124_133701 (resized).jpg
#644 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Joined the club!
Yes or no opinions
LEDs?
Mirrors ?
Sideblades?
Available? [quoted image]

I wouldn't even consider sideblades or mirrors until you know you have room for them. I've had lot of pins but my Party Zone has the tightest fitting playfield of them all. Mine would rip the sideblades off in a second it they were installed.

#645 3 years ago

I wouldn't even consider sideblades or mirrors until you know you have room for them. I've had lot of pins but my Party Zone has the tightest fitting playfield of them all. Mine would rip the sideblades off in a second it they were installed.

I see that as I'm looking at it now. No way.

#646 3 years ago

Hello everyone I just got my first PZ! Love the game and the machine is in great condition no fade the only issue I’m trying to figure out is that my jaw is not moving on the captain...the 2 wires are good the coil is firing and the mechanical jaw wire is barely moving and the jaw is not moving at all...what should I do first? Attempt to remove the head? I herd it’s very tricky to remove without tearing the rubber...any information will be greatly appreciated!!

#647 3 years ago
Quoted from Coachmudd74:

Hello everyone I just got my first PZ! Love the game and the machine is in great condition no fade the only issue I’m trying to figure out is that my jaw is not moving on the captain...the 2 wires are good the coil is firing and the mechanical jaw wire is barely moving and the jaw is not moving at all...what should I do first? Attempt to remove the head? I herd it’s very tricky to remove without tearing the rubber...any information will be greatly appreciated!!

Make sure the wire arm isn’t bent to hell

That would cause the mouth from not working

Take the rubber head off - carefully

And see if it works “naked”

Mine didn’t work but I adjusted the rod and now mouth works great

#648 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Joined the club!
Yes or no opinions
LEDs?
Mirrors ?
Sideblades?

Tom

Welcome Buddy !!

Any questions just text me

PZ is a nice game and I’m sure you’ll dig it with your collection

5E5FA5FF-4BFA-4559-B66B-86E68DFB9179 (resized).jpeg5E5FA5FF-4BFA-4559-B66B-86E68DFB9179 (resized).jpeg
#649 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Make sure the wire arm isn’t bent to hell
That would cause the mouth from not working
Take the rubber head off - carefully
And see if it works “naked”
Mine didn’t work but I adjusted the rod and now mouth works great

Ok I just move both screws on the sides of the head and it should pull off? Should I warm the rubber up with a hair dryer to slightly soften the rubber not a lot just a little?

#650 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Joined the club!
Yes or no opinions
LEDs?
Mirrors ?
Sideblades?

What did you pay for it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,002 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1/page/13?hl=langless28 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.