20231228_110903 (resized).jpg
20231228_110856 (resized).jpg
20231111_230439 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_3 (2) (resized).jpg
20231208_105757.jpg
20231208_105806.jpg
5 (resized).jpg
4 (resized).jpg

There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.
#1 8 years ago

Just got my self a partzone. I noticed there was no club so thought id start one. Love to see some pic of other owner machines

1 week later
#2 8 years ago

After a little polish up see looks as good as the day she came outa the box!!! All original parts and deals not boards. The guy i got it off found it in rubbish collection with all boards in it fryed. Got boards replace and run eva since .For its age it a gem. Not the greatest game but a fun one at that. My son loves it and most kids seem too........hehehe like me........ be hard to find one as good as condition all original that is...

20150712_163728.jpg20150712_163728.jpg

20150712_165202.jpg20150712_165202.jpg

20150711_124321.jpg20150711_124321.jpg

20150711_124316.jpg20150711_124316.jpg

4 weeks later
#3 8 years ago

Does anyone have partyzone........anyone?

#4 8 years ago

My Party Zone. Playfield was in pretty bad shape when i got it. I did some touchup painting and clearcoated it, now it plays really smooth.

Kuva3_zpsjh22iaz0.jpgKuva3_zpsjh22iaz0.jpg

IMG_0497_zpso2jh23rt.jpgIMG_0497_zpso2jh23rt.jpg

Kuva8_zpsdqo0kqu2.jpgKuva8_zpsdqo0kqu2.jpg

#5 8 years ago

I had one and sold it. The center saucer was a horrible idea, and with snappy flippers gets destroyed. The ramps look nice, and flow nice, but are prone to some of the worst breakage for ramps out there, and of course no replacements.

I didn't mind the play and a lot of the wackiness to it, but the repetition of animation of audio for the the locks for the MB literally drive me from this game.

On a fast game, the big bang is a challenge to get over and over, and I did like that. Extra points for the different coloured GI strings (later incorporated by new LE Sterns) and the changing music. I liked the overall look of it too.

#6 8 years ago

I'm a past member.

The game is cool. The layout is pretty big. I found the ramp design to be problematic though, I just couldn't get the balls to stay on the ramps consistently.

1 month later
#7 8 years ago

I've created 3D printed arms and legs that fit the Dancing Dummy. Check them out at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/kahrparts

I did this because, like most of my PZ, it lived a long hard routed life in Europe. And before I created this 3D print, you just couldn't buy replacements anywhere.

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V sync combiner

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

I've created 3D printed arms and legs that fit the Dancing Dummy. Check them out at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/kahrparts
I did this because, like most of my PZ, it lived a long hard routed life in Europe. And before I created this 3D print, you just couldn't buy replacements anywhere.
-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V sync combiner

Nice work , but Pinbits have had these for awhile .

http://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_40&products_id=333

#9 8 years ago

I too have a PZ. It's quirky and I really like it. Very unique red light GI during play. My cab has some fade, however, I have a 5 decal set for it. Just need time to replace them.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

but Pinbits have had these for awhile .

Wish I had known... been living with a one-legged dummy for 2 years! Well, now there are 2 options.

-Rob

#11 8 years ago

Rolled mine over recently.

20150815_110310.jpg20150815_110310.jpg

2 weeks later
#12 8 years ago
Quoted from Iizi:

My Party Zone. Playfield was in pretty bad shape when i got it. I did some touchup painting and clearcoated it, now it plays really smooth.

Kuva3_zpsjh22iaz0.jpg IMG_0497_zpso2jh23rt.jpg Kuva8_zpsdqo0kqu2.jpg

Looks nice lizi. Love the goggles on the captain too!!

#13 8 years ago

I have one of these cool machines. If you ever have trouble and the Captain stops moving his jaw, see my post on broken wires.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/broken-wires

Mac

1 month later
#14 8 years ago

I don't own one of these, but am working on one now that hasn't been touched in many years. (qualified for the club??) It has a few parts robbed from under the playfield and some hacks there as well. It would be very, very helpful to have some high res pics from under the PF if anybody has some of these, or be willing to take some. Any and all views would be appreciated. Post here or PM me for my e-mail if that works better. Thanks!

#15 8 years ago

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

Quoted from dozer1:I don't own one of these, but am working on one now that hasn't been touched in many years. (qualified for the club??) It has a few parts robbed from under the playfield and some hacks there as well. It would be very, very helpful to have some high res pics from under the PF if anybody has some of these, or be willing to take some. Any and all views would be appreciated. Post here or PM me for my e-mail if that works better. Thanks!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#16 8 years ago

Sorry for the sideways pics

#17 8 years ago

[att=2828309,588482 captionimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg="image.jpg"]

#18 8 years ago

[att=2828316,588485 captionimage.jpgimage.jpg="image.jpg"]

#19 8 years ago

Thanks for those great pics ! These will be an invaluable resource when putting this game back together.

#20 8 years ago

The PZ that I have been working on is coming along well, with the help of those who posted and sent pics. Thanks moto_cat and pinstyle! I plan on posting a few before and after pics to this thread when completed.
Another question I have is in the manual, it says 1 violet star post is used on the game. Can anyone tell me where the violet post goes?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Can anyone tell me where the violet post goes?

It just dawned on me what the answer to this question is. On top of the "cosmic cottage" knucklehead! Well anyway, here is a before pic. Fully shopped coming later.

DSCF5193.jpgDSCF5193.jpg

#22 8 years ago

Passed on a decent PZ this weekend. Every time the left ramp shot was hit, the Captain head would get stuck looking backwards. Only happened on that shot. I figured it was a gearing issue and got nervous and passed not knowing if parts were available or not OR if that was even the issue. Odd thing was is that the head passed in test mode.

#23 8 years ago

Problem: balls occasionally fly off of the left ramp.

This seems to happen when the speed of the ball exceeds the ability of the ramp to hold it in place.

Design idea to eliminate balls from flying off of the left ramp: Slow the ball down. Ways to do this?

I was thinking of putting an electromagnet attached to the habitrail between where it exits from the back before it transitions to the clear plastic ramp (see below). When the VUK solenoid fires, it would trigger the magnet "on" and it would grab the ball when it reaches the top of the trail, like what happens when the spiral magnets grab the ball in TZ. The magnet would then release and let gravity take the ball down the ramp at a reasonable speed that would not cause the random fly-offs.

Challenges: Will a magnet made from a solenoid and elevator bolt be strong enough to grab the ball? Does it need to completely grab it, or will tugging on it slow it down enough? I don't think I need a magnet as large as the TZ magnet, as the grab point can be very close and focused in the habitrail. Will a ball released from standstill stay on the ramp or is too slow a problem? How long to leave the magnet energized? For proper game flow, you want the pause to be as small as possible... hopefully unnoticeable.

Is there a spare solenoid driver available that can be used on PZ... will need to look.

Alternatives: Is there an easier way to solve this problem that will be reliable?

Thoughts?

exit.jpgexit.jpg

2 weeks later
#24 8 years ago

A Party Zone club at last!!!! Awesome!!

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

Problem: balls occasionally fly off of the left ramp.
This seems to happen when the speed of the ball exceeds the ability of the ramp to hold it in place.
Design idea to eliminate balls from flying off of the left ramp: Slow the ball down. Ways to do this?
I was thinking of putting an electromagnet attached to the habitrail between where it exits from the back before it transitions to the clear plastic ramp (see below). When the VUK solenoid fires, it would trigger the magnet "on" and it would grab the ball when it reaches the top of the trail, like what happens when the spiral magnets grab the ball in TZ. The magnet would then release and let gravity take the ball down the ramp at a reasonable speed that would not cause the random fly-offs.
Challenges: Will a magnet made from a solenoid and elevator bolt be strong enough to grab the ball? Does it need to completely grab it, or will tugging on it slow it down enough? I don't think I need a magnet as large as the TZ magnet, as the grab point can be very close and focused in the habitrail. Will a ball released from standstill stay on the ramp or is too slow a problem? How long to leave the magnet energized? For proper game flow, you want the pause to be as small as possible... hopefully unnoticeable.
Is there a spare solenoid driver available that can be used on PZ... will need to look.
Alternatives: Is there an easier way to solve this problem that will be reliable?
Thoughts?

exit.jpg

put a smal spring on solenoid so it brakes/slowes down?

#26 8 years ago

Picked one up couple weeks ago and have been enjoying it.

#27 8 years ago

Back again looking for help.. Hoping someone will take the time to snap a couple of pics of their PZ Boards to make sure the plugs were all in the right spots to begin with. Any and all help is appreciated. UPDATE --This is no longer needed. Game playing fine now, just needs some very minor fine tuning at this point.

#28 8 years ago

Does anyone have a spare dancing dummy body please????

#29 8 years ago

Someday, someday soon, I hope to join this great club. Love me some Party Zone.

#30 8 years ago

I owned one of these for a while, and I must say I miss it.
I could never make it, but if you get the 5x (or is that 10x?) score for 10 seconds thing going, can you get a 5x big bang?

#31 8 years ago

Does anyone have a hi res pic of the bottom of the rock-it-meter? Just helped a buddy move one, and it has bad wear spots by the flippers, and he would like to make a decal for the area.

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Does anyone have a hi res pic of the bottom of the rock-it-meter? Just helped a buddy move one, and it has bad wear spots by the flippers, and he would like to make a decal for the area.

I will buy one

Mine has the same thing and otherwise its really in great shape. After the wear which must of happen shortly after it went on route drove them to full mylar the playfield. I took off a bit of Mylar and other than that spot its pretty nice.

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Passed on a decent PZ this weekend. Every time the left ramp shot was hit, the Captain head would get stuck looking backwards. Only happened on that shot. I figured it was a gearing issue and got nervous and passed not knowing if parts were available or not OR if that was even the issue. Odd thing was is that the head passed in test mode.

I just bought one day before yesterday and mind did the exact same thing. I repaired it yesterday it was the #3 optos on the head motor board. Replaced the optos with a spare I had and functions perfect now. Sounds like that pin has the exact same problem.

#34 8 years ago

Does anyone have any good custom cards for this machine. I grabbed the free play one off of "pinball rebel" but I was wondering if someone has a custom instruction card.

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

How's this...

IMG_1246_(resized).JPGIMG_1246_(resized).JPG

-Rob
-visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets or for my Pinball 2000 H+V video sync combiner kit

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from rkahr:

How's this...

That should work.

4 months later
#37 7 years ago

Looks like I'm inheriting that Party Zone that I helped move a few months ago. The wear spots, were a deciding factor on the owner to let it go, and the Captains head is having issues again. Once I get it set and have a go through, I'll see what I can find.

#38 7 years ago

I just recently picked up a Party Zone and I am having issues with the ball flying off the left ramp every time. Has anyone solved this issue? My ramps are aligned properly from what I can tell. The ball just seems to rocket out of the wireform and take flight. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

I also noticed in one of the under playfield pictures that were posted there is a blue foam pad on the bottom of the "dancing dummy" solenoid assembly. Is that how it came from the factory? or was that added to make the dummy be lifted higher so his legs will not hit the playfield plastic under him?

#39 7 years ago

Anyone have an extra one of this plastic they would sell?partyzone-pf-up_(resized).jpgpartyzone-pf-up_(resized).jpg

#40 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

I just recently picked up a Party Zone and I am having issues with the ball flying off the left ramp every time. Has anyone solved this issue? My ramps are aligned properly from what I can tell. The ball just seems to rocket out of the wireform and take flight. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
I also noticed in one of the under playfield pictures that were posted there is a blue foam pad on the bottom of the "dancing dummy" solenoid assembly. Is that how it came from the factory? or was that added to make the dummy be lifted higher so his legs will not hit the playfield plastic under him?

The ball comes off my left ramp too (on the plastic spiral behind the captains head). It seems to be a common problem. The blue foam pad is supposed to be there. (you can buy them from Pinball Spare Parts Australia if it helps).

Simon

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Anyone have an extra one of this plastic they would sell?

They are available on ebay.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from capriv8s:

The ball comes off my left ramp too (on the plastic spiral behind the captains head). It seems to be a common problem. The blue foam pad is supposed to be there. (you can buy them from Pinball Spare Parts Australia if it helps).
Simon

I have a few that I ordered a while back for another game. I will install that this weekend.

On my ramp it seems to fly off a the first curve. I have not tried getting to the VUK yet but plan to this weekend to figure something out. I am thinking I may install a stronger spring on the assembly and see if it slows the ball down enough to not fly off the ramp. When I place the ball in the wire form and let go it will travel all the way down with out a problem. It is rather annoying not being able to play the game without the fear of the ball taking flight and breaking something.

Did you ever find a fix for the ball flying off? or do you just deal with it? lol

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from suave84:

They are available on ebay.

Do you have a link?

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from makeittogo:

Do you have a link?

I'm sure he was referring to this:
ebay.com link: Party Zone Pinball Machine Rare Set Of 4 Plastics Mr Pinball Rare Parts

I am just wanting the one plastic, hopefully a bit more reasonably priced. I have other plastics for PZ I would trade if that entices anyone with needs?

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from Redknight87:

I have a few that I ordered a while back for another game. I will install that this weekend.
On my ramp it seems to fly off a the first curve. I have not tried getting to the VUK yet but plan to this weekend to figure something out. I am thinking I may install a stronger spring on the assembly and see if it slows the ball down enough to not fly off the ramp. When I place the ball in the wire form and let go it will travel all the way down with out a problem. It is rather annoying not being able to play the game without the fear of the ball taking flight and breaking something.
Did you ever find a fix for the ball flying off? or do you just deal with it? lol

Lift your playfield straight up and out of the cab and down to the side of the game, onto the floor. The harness is long enough to handle it. It will give you the easiest access to that back panel and the VUK. Also, try bending of one of the wireform tabs at the exit of that VUK slightly, and see if it slows down the ball just a bit before it hits the curve of the ramp.

#46 7 years ago
Quoted from theGiven:

Lift your playfield straight up and out of the cab and down to the side of the game, onto the floor. The harness is long enough to handle it. It will give you the easiest access to that back panel and the VUK. Also, try bending of one of the wireform tabs at the exit of that VUK slightly, and see if it slows down the ball just a bit before it hits the curve of the ramp.

Thank you for the suggestion. This will be another thing I will try to get to this weekend and report back once I have tried these things.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from capriv8s:

A Party Zone club at last!!!! Awesome!!

it is awesome

1 week later
#48 7 years ago

I'm in like Flynn! My wife bought me one today for my birthday! Needs.some.work so you will be seeing a great deal more from me soon.

20160612_220851_(resized).jpg20160612_220851_(resized).jpg

#49 7 years ago

Awesome! Happy Birthday!

Great game... it also looks like it has some great colors. Hopefully the front & other side is as good.

Kerry

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Awesome! Happy Birthday!
Great game... it also looks like it has some great colors. Hopefully the front & other side is as good.
Kerry

Thanks! Yeah it's dirty but will clean up real nice. The guy I bought it from had it for the last 20 years!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
There are 1,001 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 21.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partyzone-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.