Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by boastaflow
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I must be missing something, as I've played the hell out of this thing since I got it, and I cannot find a way to make a 3 ball MB happen, despite the game taking 3 balls?

What gives?

#2 7 years ago

It doesn't have a 3 ball multiball.

LTG : )™

#3 7 years ago

No three ball MB only two.

viperrwk

#4 7 years ago

So why are there three balls in the game? Three ball game with no use for the third ball...?

#5 7 years ago

That's a question for Uncle Willy.

There is a purpose, I just can't remember it right now. Think it has something to do with speeding up the time a game takes to serve up a ball after a drain or being physically locked (On games that have that feature). Could be wrong.

#6 7 years ago

They also had three ball troughs available, and the BOM on an opto and a ball isn't very much so they added a third ball to a few games at least partly to allow for lost or stuck balls.

#7 7 years ago

I've never seen another machine by any manufacturer that did not utilize all the balls in a game at some point.

#8 7 years ago

Dungeons and dragons has 4. Only uses 3. Wipe out is the same

#9 7 years ago

Dr Dude,Creech and a lot more

#10 7 years ago

Both my pz and dd have the 3 balls and only use 2. Maybe incase a ball "gets lost" it can keep earning?? Not sure.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

Dr dude,Creech and a lot more

cftbl only takes 2 doesn't it?

Dr. Dude does the same?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

cftbl only takes 2 doesn't it?
Dr. Dude does the same?

No, they are both 3 ball games.

#14 7 years ago

During multiball you shoot the left ramp and if you make a 2nd left ramp shot when it wants you to I think it will shoot out the 3rd ball? I can't remember the mode name but you have to shoot certain targets to enable that left ramp shot. I think it is called the Big Bang or something.

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from Chrizg:

During multiball you shoot the left ramp and if you make a 2nd left ramp shot when it wants you to I think it will shoot out the 3rd ball? I can't remember the mode name but you have to shoot certain targets to enable that left ramp shot. I think it is called the Big Bang or something.

"Dewd....Dooood"

Not sure that is correct, It is the second ball that will collect the Big Bang up the left ramp, and after the first ball is successfully locked up the left ramp by enough saucer or back to bop shots.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from EEE:

"Dewd....Dooood"
Not sure that is correct, It is the second ball that will collect the Big Bang up the left ramp, and after the first ball is successfully locked up the left ramp by enough saucer or back to bop shots.

Ive played pz a trillion times, archieved the big bang countless times, i can safely say that partyzone stick with only two ball multiball. The big bang bar can only be archieved by getting 1 maximum rocket fuel jackpot then the white big bang insert lights up.. Head for the rocket!!! And u lock 1 ball up and the 2nd ball will award u the big bang jackpot ,which can be up to 99.999.990 million maximum i believe haha

#17 7 years ago

Agree with what others are saying - second ball up the rocket collects the Big Bang and kicks out both balls. Third ball doesn't enter the playfield.

IIRC the first ball locked on the Rocket gets kicked out if you drain the second ball before getting that up the ramp. If it stayed locked after draining that would be a good reason to have three balls.

viperrwk

#18 7 years ago

BOP has 3 balls but only uses 2 in play. It would mess up the software if it only had 2 balls. Or to put it another way, it was cheaper to add a 3rd ball than to rewrite the software and change hardware so it only takes two.

1 year later
#19 5 years ago

You wouldnt want any more then 2 balls in multi ball ....as it s hard enough with two balls. Its not an easy multiball to complete.......

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside