Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by patrickvc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 34 days ago

I was working on a couple things on my PZ and after turning back on now I get this message on my dmd. After I disconnect the harness going to the mpu all the switches in the rows clear on row 2,3 and remove the cabinet switches harness it clears 4. When I activate any other switch when everything is hooked up the entire row shorts. Could the 2803a chip have gone bad? I checked every wire, switch, lamp. I can’t find anything touching

#3 34 days ago

I did and the entire row would activate when I would test. I changed the 2803 chip and got the ground short problems to go away but now I lost any registering on column 7. The ball troughs slings and a couple switches are out

#4 34 days ago

Which lm339 chip controls column 7 on a WPC mpu. I’m not seeing it in my manual

#6 33 days ago

Awesome thanks Pin Guy. I realized after reading a bunch I was wrong about the lm 339. Up the chain should be u14 as a possible culprit

#8 33 days ago

It was a socketed chip to begin with. I can see that u14 has already been changed by someone in the past. I will test just to make sure

#9 33 days ago

I just looked at the socket that had been replaced in the past and the hole for the chip looks questionable. I’ll pull the board tommorow and check points for continuity

#10 33 days ago

I really appreciate your help

#11 30 days ago

I have continuity between chip leg 13 and 206-6

#12 30 days ago

I changed the chip at u14. Everything is now working

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 28.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 60.00
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider patrickvc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside