(Topic ID: 264766)

Party Zone outhole and ball release help please.

By crujones4life

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Jmckune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200323_230302 (resized).jpg
20200322_233839 (resized).jpg
20200322_233816 (resized).jpg
20200322_233722 (resized).jpg
#1 4 years ago

Hi! My outhole kicker and ball release solenoid are only working intermittently now. I took apart the outhole kicker assembly and cleaned. No change. Went into test mode when those two solenoids stopped working and they wouldn't work in test mode either. The outhole switch and trough switches all work in test mode. Any and all ideas are welcome!

#2 4 years ago
20200322_233722 (resized).jpg20200322_233722 (resized).jpg20200322_233816 (resized).jpg20200322_233816 (resized).jpg20200322_233839 (resized).jpg20200322_233839 (resized).jpg
#3 4 years ago

Hi Buddy,so those are not working during gameplay?When testing those solenoids in test menus is the coin door closed?theses a hi power shut off knob on the left side near the coin door.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Hi Buddy,so those are not working during gameplay?When testing those solenoids in test menus is the coin door closed?theses a hi power shut off knob on the left side near the coin door.

They are low power solenoids but I tried closing the door...still wouldn't fire.

#5 4 years ago

Ok did you check and see if there’s a blown fuse for those coils?pull it out and test with meter

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Ok did you check and see if there’s a blown fuse for those coils?pull it out and test with meter

That fuse is for several other solenoids that still work like the pops and slings. So I know the fuse is fine.

#7 4 years ago

Maybe cold solder joint at coil? This could cause intermittent issues if it were jostled just right/wrong. Try reflowing solder at the coil?

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

Maybe cold solder joint at coil? This could cause intermittent issues if it were jostled just right/wrong. Try reflowing solder at the coil?

Could also be cold solder male header pins on the board.On the chart both coils are low power and the connector on the board is
J-127 according to the chart.Try reseating that connector on the driver board.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

True...but it would be unusual for both coils to have cold solder joints develop at the same time...unless they are wired in series and one is causing problems with the other? I will look into that. Thanks.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

True...but it would be unusual for both coils to have cold solder joints develop at the same time...unless they are wired in series and one is causing problems with the other? I will look into that. Thanks.

Check connector J-127 on driver board first

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Could also be cold solder male header pins on the board.On the chart both coils are low power and the connector on the board is
J-127 according to the chart.Try reseating that connector on the driver board.

Tried resetting the connector. No luck. Could be cold solder joints on those 2 pins but that would also be unusual for both the develop at the same time. Something to look into though. Thanks.

#12 4 years ago

Tried resetting the connector. No luck. Could be cold solder joints on those 2 pins but that would also be unusual for both the develop at the same time. Something to look into though. Thanks.

In the pin hobby anything is possible

#13 4 years ago

Maybe I have a break in a wire?

#14 4 years ago

Maybe I have a break in a wire?

Check continuity from the connector to the wires going to the coils

#15 4 years ago

So I have continuity from J127 back to each of these suspect coils. I feel like whatever the issue is it is something connecting the 2 coils together because they both work or don't work at the same time.

#16 4 years ago

Also tested both coils. 10ohms and 13ohms. So they are good.

#17 4 years ago

OK so now the right pop bumper the left and right slings also do not work. The left pop bumper and bottom pop bumper still do.

#18 4 years ago

This is really screaming like a connector issue, likely the joints on the pins themselves at 127

#19 4 years ago

Well I have continuity between the 2 coils that work. I have continuity between the nonworking coils.

I have continuity between J107 and the working coils but not the nonworking coils.

The working coils have no continuity with the nonworking coils.

So...probably a break in the wire somewhere along the way?

#20 4 years ago

And there it is!

20200323_230302 (resized).jpg20200323_230302 (resized).jpg
#21 4 years ago

Continuity just means the wires are good. If you want to check for possible cold joints on the board push the associated connector in fairly firm and see if the coils work again. Or you could pull the board and look at the back of it.
Edit:
Looks like you found something!

#22 4 years ago

Back in business! Thanks guys!

#23 4 years ago

So it was a REALLY cold joint at the coil good to see its back up and going!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
$ 40.00
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-outhole-and-ball-release-help-please and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.