2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220112_004458 (resized).jpg

#1 2 years ago

Missing some lights on the backboard. The lower half, specifically. Anyone know which connector/fuse/whatever I should be looking at?

20220112_004458 (resized).jpg20220112_004458 (resized).jpg
#2 2 years ago

Go into the test menu T.6 and run your General Illumination tests. I think the backbox uses two of the GI circuits.

#3 2 years ago

The GI circuits in these early WPC games pull a lot of amps, and this leads to the connectors overheating.

Follow the wiring harness from the light board, and take a look at where it plugs into the driver board. Here is the general area where it should be plugging in:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=File:WPCGIConnectors.jpg

The long white connectors sometimes will get too warm, and stop conducting. In fact in the picture I reference, the lower connector has been replaced due to this reason. Also, the black connector on the left side of the picture is the voltage input for the GI circuits. This connector can also overheat and cause issues.

You could also have a blown fuse in the circuit. The fuses I am referring to are also in the picture. To check the fuse remove it completely from the board, and verify it has continuity with a digital multi meter (DMM). Sometimes you can tell by looking at the fuse when they blow, but sometimes they blow at the ends where you can't see the melted filliment. This is why a DMM is the best way to check them.

The over heating issue is common in games that still have the incandescent light bulbs in the GI circuits. This problem can be eliminated by replacing all the GI bulbs with LEDs. Once you get everything working again, I would look into doing this.

#4 2 years ago

J120 was toast! Got it sorted. Thanks!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-missing-backboard-lights and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.