• Latest reply 3 years ago by Jmckune
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6A36C2DF-A1C7-4E5A-8B9A-EEC8F064A307 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

Newbie to the group here. I'm looking at a nice 1991 Bally Party Zone in my town. The game has been HUO for the last 17 years and has sat unused for the last 7 years. The owner plugged it in and turned it on, and we got playfield lights, head lights, flipper action, and some "status" messages across the dot matrix display. The game would not start or kick up a ball, and the owner said it is set up for free play. (A coin made no difference.) The game is in nice enough shape that if we can get it working, I'd like to own it. There's no manual or schematics. (I would not be able to read schematics, anyway.) Is there any guidance out there? Thank you for your consideration.

6A36C2DF-A1C7-4E5A-8B9A-EEC8F064A307 (resized).jpeg6A36C2DF-A1C7-4E5A-8B9A-EEC8F064A307 (resized).jpeg
#2 3 years ago

Did you open the backbox and check the cpu board for corrosion coming off the batteries? If its been sitting that long and had batteries in it that would be the first place I would suspect to be an issue. The board can be sent out for repair or replacements are available, so try to make it a deal with the understanding it will need repaired or replaced.

#3 3 years ago

Repair estimate is maybe $500 at the most and likely much less. Pinballmap.com will show locations and operators in your area. Locations can often tell you who does repairs near you. Other enthusiasts are often helpful. Or post good photos here and get help troubleshooting.

#4 3 years ago

I did look at the cpu board. No evidence of acid damage or the like -- in fact, the spots for batteries were empty, so someone knew to pull them. The owner said that the batteries are there to retain high scores and such. I wonder if the absence of batteries keeps the game from starting... sorry for the lack of pics, though I saw no stains or crusty stuff or brown spots on the boards.

Quoted from Asmig:

Did you open the backbox and check the cpu board for corrosion coming off the batteries? If its been sitting that long and had batteries in it that would be the first place I would suspect to be an issue. The board can be sent out for repair or replacements are available, so try to make it a deal with the understanding it will need repaired or replaced.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Repair estimate is maybe $500 at the most and likely much less. Pinballmap.com will show locations and operators in your area. Locations can often tell you who does repairs near you. Other enthusiasts are often helpful. Or post good photos here and get help troubleshooting.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from clanky:

I did look at the cpu board. No evidence of acid damage or the like -- in fact, the spots for batteries were empty, so someone knew to pull them. The owner said that the batteries are there to retain high scores and such. I wonder if the absence of batteries keeps the game from starting... sorry for the lack of pics, though I saw no stains or crusty stuff or brown spots on the boards.

Beautiful colors on that cab! I am 99% sure that it needs batteries to boot...

#7 3 years ago

You've omitted some key info: price.

If it's $10k; pass.

If not, how can folks advise?

#8 3 years ago

Yeah, price is key. Everything is fixable ...

That cabinet is unbelievably good ... I’ve never seen an original one that was actually still yellow.

PZ is a fun game. Pretty simple ... but fun.

rd

#9 3 years ago

I’d probably offer 1300-1500 for a non working party zone. This one might be worth a little more due to its apparent condition but that’s where my target number would be.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Walbridge, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Howard City, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Glen Rock, PA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbus, IN
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-inquiry?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.