• 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Radius118
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pzgitest.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da_Topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 8 years ago

I know one difference between old and new roms on the game is that they capped off the value on the left ramp. Before, the left ramp value would keep going up and possibly cap off at 5 mil. Newest rom makes left ramp value cap off at 2.5 mil. Not sure if way out of control shot had a cap also on early roms. Lastest rom came after Pinball Expo 91 when everyone started just shooting left ramp for points and extra ball during the tournament. Got to play Rick Stetta's winning Party Zone from Expo 91 earlier this year which is still in great shape.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

You are correct. I noticed that the P-4 rom capped the left ramp at 5M while the L-3 caps it at 2M.
In addition, the P-4 rom does not have the atom dmd animation when achieving big bang. There are also a bunch of differences in the DMD animations. The only other thing I noticed is that P-4 does not have the Party On ball saver either.
My game also has P-2 sound code. Can someone check their game and see what version of the sound code you have? If mine is indeed different it would be nice to get my hands on the file so I can burn it and have it completely production.
Thanks,
Michael

Yes, I forgot about the new atom Big Bang animation. Another dmd change was when you shot the cosmic cottage and got the one award where it says "get your hands or paws off of me". Before it wouldn't show the paw or hand on the dmd. Also the big bouncer that says get a pass was added in along with the eat, drink, and be merry animations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Boards
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Da_Topper.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/party-zone-big-bang-red-gi-info-req?tu=Da_Topper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.