5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by mbaumle
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Yesterday I bought a well used Escalera Hand truck for a song on CL, an MS-60. The gentleman I bought it from had all the paperwork, invoices, and manuals and such, so it seems to be well cared for, but it was purchased new in 2002. It works very well, but it's definitely seen better days. I'd like to tune it up a little before I put it to work moving all 12 pinball machines out of my basement in the coming months.

A couple of questions for those with experience:

-Are parts easily accessible?
    -Are accessories/parts being produced today compatible with older models?
    -Any high wear parts that might be good to stock up on?

I appreciate the insight, if any.
    Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

Have you contacted Escalera ?

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

Or contact Larry - https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/ he posts here as flipnout1

He's an Escalera dealer.

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Agree with LTD. I bought directly from Escalera super easy to work with. There are a couple threads on pinside about replacing wheels, lifting feet, bushings, etc. No real wear parts. The one suggest I would have is to upgrade your wiring harness so the battery can be disconnected. And try to keep the battery on a good maintenance charger. Otherwise enjoy.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Quoted from LTG:

Or contact Larry

I haven't. I thought maybe if someone here had the experience doing it, I could be better prepared to make the phone calls; and I didn't want to bog Larry down with questions about a machine I didn't purchase from him.

Quoted from Turtle:

The one suggest I would have is to upgrade your wiring harness so the battery can be disconnected. And try to keep the battery on a good maintenance charger.

Previous owner made all of those upgrades. He moved/rented Jukeboxes for a living, so this machine was definitely well used, but also well cared for as it was a cornerstone of his business. I just wanted to make sure I could bulletproof it for myself to extend it's life for my own use.

Thanks for the advice gents. I'll see about giving Larry a call this afternoon if he's available.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/partsrepair-for-old-escalera-models and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.