Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 51 posts
  • 25 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Madmax541
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_6457 (resized).JPG
    2A6F6E4F-8FB5-49E9-AB3B-14F510B85BB7 (resized).jpeg
    8539D024-AB38-4A1D-B786-A46FA4AF5769 (resized).jpeg
    65088B0F-3861-4535-A7F7-9F00616120E9 (resized).jpeg
    00953883-A043-4F6F-A111-47C719741A9D (resized).jpeg
    6EC976FB-BEDC-422B-8E38-B2A470CD83A9 (resized).jpeg
    0218211229_HDR (resized).jpg
    ATT00001 (resized).jpg
    20210218_132435 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 3 years ago

I bought the small harbor freight for my first restore and it fell apart after the second run-through. Obviously can't recommend but also, I ended up not using it much. I found scotchbrite was way faster for larger metal parts and I simply replaced any old fasteners that looked bad.

Doesn't seem necessary to me but I know others like them.

#11 3 years ago

Here is what my center shaft looked like after minimal use, it completely removed the threads and you could slide the wingnut off. Vibrations like this are really tough on materials and HF is bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. Also, it really didn't clean the parts that well and left inconsistencies that required cleanup any way. I really don't see the appeal of these for pinball, it take minutes to clean up metal with a scotchbrite pad.

0218211229_HDR (resized).jpg0218211229_HDR (resized).jpg

#13 3 years ago

If it matters I like the very fine scotchbrite (mine is brown and I get them at Home Depot in the sandpaper section).

#18 3 years ago

Life is too short for cheap tools...

#27 3 years ago

My dad was pretty cheap and didn't like to spend money on tools. I have this vivid memory of picking up a pair of side cutters he had that were super cheap and probably 30 years old and I realized that nobody throws away tools and if I bought a cheap hammer I would have that same hammer 30 years from now. I personally decided that I would buy decent tools (maybe not the best) and when I was old I wouldn't hate my tools. Other people can do what they want but cheap tools make me sad.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider killerrobots.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-tumbler-advice?tu=killerrobots and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.