(Topic ID: 312865)

Parts trouble? !?! (Operator can't get parts/support from distributor or stern)

By spectrum-1980s

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 322 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Anony
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20221206_185325 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    Mouser (resized).png
    LPC1313FHN33 (resized).png
    Programming Interface (resized).png
    ATmega4809 (resized).png
    LPC1313FN33 (resized).png
    IMG_20221022_140058_HDR (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_20221104_015505_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225005_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225017_HDR (resized).jpg
    IMG_20221102_225022_HDR (resized).jpg
    Screenshot_20221102-225643 (resized).png
    IMG_20221102_225029_HDR (resized).jpg
    59B185B3-EDE6-47C3-B72A-10A89EA3C34D (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 2 years ago
    Quoted from spectrum-1980s:

Can't keep waiting so. I did this for now. Players are upset at me , not my fault. But best I can do. Will try it tomorrow.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Plastics break on location all the time. I would just take the original plastic, use it for a pattern, and cut out a piece of Lexan with a scroll saw or a Dremel tool. Attach the two together with a couple of fasteners and it is stronger than new. Done it dozens of times.

5 months later
    #149 1 year ago

I still have no walking ball lock for my avengers le either... Stern has not prosesed the PO because they have not sent pricing back to my distro. Over a month now. Wich seems like there doing that on purpose.

This is one part you can simply remove and leave off, I always thought the game plays better without it.

#153 1 year ago
    Quoted from flynnibus:

Are you talking about removing the entire divider assembly ? how does it hold more than one ball? I've note heard of this option (tho I also don't watch the AIQ thread ). Link to idea?

It is the ball walker with the fingers, the part that goes clunk, clunk, clunk. Remove the bottom assembly and the ball rolls all the way to the VUK, it becomes a virtual lock. I removed it on mine after discovering that if the ball walker has a problem, all the balls will eventually line up and get stuck in the assembly behind one of the fingers. It can't clear itself so the game becomes unplayable. After the first replacement broke, I decided to just leave the next replacement assembly off and available for the next owner.

1 month later
    #199 1 year ago

Well I ordered the whole assembly.

Regarding MechaGodzilla and the spinning disk on TMNT, do you really need the whole assembly to fix the game, or a certain part or parts? You might find it easier to find parts of an assembly than a whole assembly.

#258 1 year ago

We are currently trying to figure out my rush stepper motor issue though. There responding to that .
    New node. Still intermittent. Zip ties too tight on stepper harness caused visible damage. Molex Crimps read resistance. I wish they would just send a new harness and stepper. There making me jump through 10 hopes for them trying to track down a constant issue that is intermittent. It's clearly the harness and stepper..... As long as they communicate I will jump though. No problem. Like I told them there crimps suck.

If you think you have bad crimps, why don't you just recrimp the connector(s) and eliminate those crimps as a cause?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BrianBannon.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-trouble-?tu=BrianBannon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.