1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by poppapin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 1 year ago

Look to your shipping.

There is a difference in philosophy.

One will charge $9.49 for a part.

One will charge $7.95 for a part.

However, shipping costs vary. One makes the price a bit higher, but the shipping cost is flat rate, and lower.

The $9.49 has shipping to me of $8.99, making my cost $18.48

The $7.95 has shipping to me of $11.62 making my cost $19.57

What is the philosophy here? One subsidizes shipping with higher pricing. The other offers a lower sticker price, but charges you EXACTLY what the shipper charges them. They aren't upcharging the shipping cost, that's what it is.

All of this is moot.

While I like to get things cheap, and... (puts on his granny glasses, walks with a stoop, talks with a high wavering voice...)

'Back in my day we'd buy drop targets five fer a doller. 'An we liked it!'

Hehe.

New Stern Premium pinballs in my area with sales tax are now over $10,000.00.

Relative to the cost of the machines today, ANYTHING you pay in parts is insignificant.

We can shout as much as we want about how someone is (gasp) charging money... for something that I think shouldn't cost me as much!!!

But at the end of the day, I'm personally just happy to HAVE a plasma display for a 90's pinball. $499 hurts my feelings, but I'll pay, and I'll be glad to get it.

Not having parts sucks ever so much more than paying for parts.

As to why a part might cost more... Quality matters, sourcing matters, WHEN you purchased the part in bulk matters, whether you bought in massive bulk, or just a few hundred at a time matters. All of that isn't available to us, the buying public to evaluate.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinRetail.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-suppliers-pricing?tu=PinRetail and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.