5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by aztarac
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Have you ever got pinball parts stuck in customs? I have an order from Ministry of Pinball that's been stuck in customs for a month now. The company shipped it quickly, the Europe part of the shipping was super fast, it hit the states just a few days after ordering it, but it's been stuck in US customs for 4 weeks. How long can it take to verify what's in the package? Or hit me with another fee? USPS say they can't do anything about it, they will ship it as soon as customs releases it. Ridiculous, I've never had something like this happen before. I just want my stuff, tougher borders shouldn't keep pinball parts out!

#2 5 years ago

That doesn’t”t sound right. I’ve purchased plenty of things from EU and Japan and never had it take this long. Especially for something from an established retail vendor. Can Ministry of Pinball help find out why it”s stuck or do you have a reference number to call customs directly?

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from nwpinball:

Have you ever got pinball parts stuck in customs? I have an order from Ministry of Pinball that's been stuck in customs for a month now. The company shipped it quickly, the Europe part of the shipping was super fast, it hit the states just a few days after ordering it, but it's been stuck in US customs for 4 weeks. How long can it take to verify what's in the package? Or hit me with another fee? USPS say they can't do anything about it, they will ship it as soon as customs releases it. Ridiculous, I've never had something like this happen before. I just want my stuff, tougher borders shouldn't keep pinball parts out!

Only time this ever happened to me was with an entire game coming over on a ship. And the delay was due to the shipper not having correct contact info on the crate.

#4 5 years ago

my dyslexic eyes see "pets stuck in costumes"

haha

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Only time this ever happened to me was with an entire game coming over on a ship. And the delay was due to the shipper not having correct contact info on the crate.

We did have it happen with the first shipping container of pins we imported from Europe, I think that's more common. It sucked though because you have to pay to have it trucked to the customs warehouse and pay extra daily fees for the container. And I could tell from on the online checking, the physical inspection took 10 minutes. I'm sure they opened up the container, saw 35 pins, and said nope, we aren't moving around and opening up all of these.

I do feel with the package it's probably lost and USPS lost tracking on it when it went to customs and they are blaming it on customs. I'd think any package that goes to customs wouldn't be there more than a day or two. And this is a board and a translite, nothing sketchy.

#6 5 years ago
    Quoted from TZBen:

my dyslexic eyes see "pets stuck in costumes"
    haha

Ha ha ha, appropriate to it almost being Halloween.

#7 5 years ago

I had this happen about this time last year. Had an order from Retro Refurbs that hit LAX and sat for 5 weeks in customs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-stuck-in-customs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.