Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210106-195126 (resized).png
    usps (resized).JPG
    CEDABF9C-2401-49AE-A4E6-C9E466EBB9F8 (resized).jpeg
    17B80016-A371-4098-9865-6694B7CD4D20 (resized).png
    19C98454-93F5-4B0F-B87C-8A5879C88F8E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    GPfS.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    USPS (resized).jpg
    7A2B3FD5-D73B-4245-B3C7-1C69CA2B130C (resized).png
    7393806_102720-wabc-white-flags-img (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curiusgeorge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

How is that my PBR order has been sitting in NJ for 2 weeks untouched but every day I get to throw out more and more junk mail???
    Is Capital One, Giant Eagle, and Goodyear Tire padding the USPS’s pocket to make sure their adds get priority?

Lol. Packages and letters are processed seperately. Regardless of how busy one or the other is, they both have to be processed daily. "Junk" mail or standard mail is processed with first class letters and sent out for delivery.

Also, what you call junk mail is paid mail from advertisers that get a reduced rate because of their volume, and also helps keep the cost of your letters you mail cheaper.

Comparing Amazon Fedex and UPS to USPS is comparing apples to oranges. USPS delivers daily to virtually every address in the country. The other three dump the packages they deem too far out of their delivery zone on USPS. They also only have to deal with packages. No magazines, letters, or newspapers.

And yes, I do work for USPS.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Whole state of Michigan too....that's a black hole for USPS....
    Doubt there will be any improvement since now it's shipping back returns through USPS until mid February...
    At least they lowered the prices to pre holiday shipping rates!

I wouldn't count on improvements in shipping times any time soon. Parcel volume has been at peak levels since march, and Christmas was just insane. Take a large portion of the public, tell them it's not safe to shop in crowded stores, and let them loose online. The simple fact is USPS is not built for this type of parcel volume. From the vehicles mail carriers deliver in (too small and over 30 years old), To the distribution centers where alot of the packages are still scanned and sorted by hand, and last but not least, USPS relies on Fedex and commercial airlines as they have no air fleet. While alot of my coworkers were dismayed over the appointment of the new Postmaster General, I was kind of interested to see what he was going to do.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider curiusgeorge.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-orders-snail-mail?tu=curiusgeorge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.