Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210106-195126 (resized).png
    usps (resized).JPG
    CEDABF9C-2401-49AE-A4E6-C9E466EBB9F8 (resized).jpeg
    17B80016-A371-4098-9865-6694B7CD4D20 (resized).png
    19C98454-93F5-4B0F-B87C-8A5879C88F8E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    GPfS.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    USPS (resized).jpg
    7A2B3FD5-D73B-4245-B3C7-1C69CA2B130C (resized).png
    7393806_102720-wabc-white-flags-img (resized).jpg
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 3 years ago
    Quoted from loneacer:

I've had a few "no access" lately on packages I sent. What all of those have really meant was that I sent them with signature confirmation and there was nobody home to sign or they didn't attempt it. The carriers have just gotten lazy and scanned "no access" as the reason instead of the real reason.

That's odd. I didn't have any signatures requested for my packages.

#102 3 years ago

My 12/26 order from Comet was supposedly out for delivery 3 days ago, but was forwarded (to who knows where?) at the last minute. Wife is still waiting on a paycheck from November.

#103 3 years ago

Good news... I had a set of instruction cards get to their destination in a very normal amount of time!

Screenshot_20210106-195126 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210106-195126 (resized).png

Too bad they decided to use the cards to keep their windshield clean on the mail truck.

#104 3 years ago

My package made it yesterday; 30 days. The mail woman walked it up personally and apologized for the delay. I thanked her and said I know everything is different in the last several months. Then she told me she was a victim of the system because her shirt that was ordered for the holidays went halfway across the country and stalled for weeks...the irony.

She also walked a thank you note up to the door for the holiday gift we gave her. She is great.

#105 3 years ago

Well I would have thought that U.S. Mail would improve by now. Apparently they have not. I have another package that's been sitting in Newark for the past 7 days. Maybe FedEx will be my next choice for shipping.

1 month later
    #106 3 years ago

Just revisiting this to see others most recent experiences.... For myself, there was about a two week period where packages seemed to be moving normally, but then it all fell apart again. I have had 3 orders go missing, and everything else is just slow. Stamped mail that normally take about 3 days is hitting the 14 day mark for me. Priority mail that is normally 3 days is hitting the 8-10 day marks.

I am seeing most of my stamped mail actually arrive faster than Priority mail. The month of February has been really bad for my deliveries....

#107 3 years ago

I work in direct mail and some the mailings that we deposited in October and November are just now getting delivered. We even paid a shipper to take them to the city where they were going. We have had the most trouble with the Boston area.

#108 3 years ago

My PBR order arrived within a week to Los Angeles. That was earlier this month (February).

#109 3 years ago

My latest PBR order in mid Feb was ordered on a Friday afternoon (the 12th), arrived on Tuesday (the 16th, and the Monday was Presidents Day)

#110 3 years ago

This sounds like the issues are still very regional. On a lot of my packages with tracking, they sit/die in Oak Creek, WI or Chicago, IL. Sounds like some regions are definitely doing better than others.

Here is an Amazon order that was guaranteed delivery by February 19th.... Looks like it just decided it likes the weather better in LA.

February 20, 2021
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

February 17, 2021, 7:59 pm
    Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

February 17, 2021, 6:44 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    CERRITOS, CA 90703

#111 3 years ago

Been hit or miss. Ordered things from various vendors in early Feb and received them all in what you would consider normal times.
    PBL, Comet, Titan, Cointaker - all got to me 3-4 days after being shipped.

Since then?

Placed an order with Marcos on the 14th that got sucked into the vortex. Hit a Columbia SC distro center on the 16th. Expected delivery that was originally shown as the 20th switched to the "Your shit's gonna be late" message and then no updates until this morning saying it had reached Saint Paul.

Another package I ordered Sunday evening arrived on Wednesday.

It's really baffling and seemingly random, but I assume there are some distro centers that are still just hammered. The 10 day limbo on that Marcos package is annoying but still nothing like Xmas was so I guess I've gained some patience.

This was a package my mom sent to me for Xmas. The Saint Paul -> Duluth -> Saint Paul detour was pretty fun to watch. For added fun - the package arrived on the 23rd - two days before that last update.
    Screenshot (resized).pngScreenshot (resized).png

#112 3 years ago

Pinball Resource has special powers! 3 days for first class mail . Can not complain.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-orders-snail-mail/page/3?hl=gotemwill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.