Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 112 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot (resized).png
    Screenshot_20210106-195126 (resized).png
    usps (resized).JPG
    CEDABF9C-2401-49AE-A4E6-C9E466EBB9F8 (resized).jpeg
    17B80016-A371-4098-9865-6694B7CD4D20 (resized).png
    19C98454-93F5-4B0F-B87C-8A5879C88F8E (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    GPfS.gif
    pasted_image (resized).png
    USPS (resized).jpg
    7A2B3FD5-D73B-4245-B3C7-1C69CA2B130C (resized).png
    7393806_102720-wabc-white-flags-img (resized).jpg

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 3 years ago

Hooray!!! My parts just spent a lovely 10 day vacation at the Poughkeepsie P/O, and finally made it into Rhode Island. Getting closer.

#52 3 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

I have a package shipping to Oregon from WI on 11/30 via USPS ground. Tracking shows it sat in WI post office until 12/19... it arrived in Chicago on 12/19 & left there on 12/20. .... zzzzzz, it's holding up a project!

Update --- now it says it has departed from Chicago network distribution center on 12/25. with luck it will only be a 30 day transit from WI to OR

#54 3 years ago

I have a manual that hit usps dec 3rd leaving Kentucky. Its still in Kentucky. I may get it by Feburary it ever leaves.

#55 3 years ago

I have one in limbo since the 15th as well. Packages backed up everywhere. Saw a UPS driver delivering out of a U-haul yesterday

#56 3 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Saw a UPS driver delivering out of a U-haul yesterday

I've seen that as well. U-Haul has to be making some nice scratch.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from PunkPin:

Saw a UPS driver delivering out of a U-haul yesterday

UPS has used rentals during the holiday shipping season at least since the 90s when I worked there.

#58 3 years ago

My 15 Raspberry Pi Zero WH computers are finally on the move. Today they show a delivery on Tuesday for me. Now I can try out the LISY boards.

#59 3 years ago

USPS is a joke.

How do FedEx and UPS keep up while USPS falter? Simple. Better systems and accountability. They run a tight ship.

Don’t use USPS if at all possible. Bloated government bullshit.

#60 3 years ago

Denver's been a black hole recently. Had a package arrive there on the 6th. Hasn't moved in 19 days. I'm visualizing giant drifts of mail that the top gets skimmed off of every day, but the stuff at the bottom doesn't move.

#61 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

USPS is a joke.
    How do FedEx and UPS keep up while USPS falter? Simple. Better systems and accountability. They run a tight ship.

I honestly think USPS is a “loss leader” for the govt from my understanding they have been doomed since day 1.

FedEx and UPS run themselves...like a business. For my current job I receive shipments from UPS between 1-3 times a week. Guess how many shipments they lost or failed to deliver within 1 day over the last 7 years? ZERO. I’ve had a couple fall a day behind but I think that was my warehouses fault but if anything they arrive early.

#62 3 years ago

Boulder CO, usps purgatory, package sitting there since the 16th, zero updates.

#63 3 years ago

Mine just got updated for a delivery today so fingers crossed.

#64 3 years ago
    Quoted from codered9394:

I have a manual that hit usps dec 3rd leaving Kentucky. Its still in Kentucky. I may get it by Feburary it ever leaves.

I guess I could grab it for you and send it to you Fedex.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinJim:

USPS is a joke.

Well Fedex and UPS do not have the political meddling that USPS has. Imagine a Fedex boss removing sorting machines right before a busy season, like say, AN ELECTION. If that's the kind of decisions that get made at USPS, then it's pretty easy to understand why they are doomed.

#66 3 years ago

Ordered a part for my dryer, paid for express shipping, been 2 weeks! USPS says delayed!

#67 3 years ago
    Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I guess I could grab it for you and send it to you Fede

Thanks for the offer but im not sure where its at at this point. No updates since the 12th which means it could be anywhere. I guess ill just have to wait. Hope everyone gets there items sooner or later. Good luck

#68 3 years ago

Just got my PBR order today, that was shipped on Dec 14.

#69 3 years ago

Finally got my Great Plains Electronics package, ordered 11/27, delivered 12/22. USPS Priority.

Placed an order with Pinball Life on Wed, got it today. Thanks, Fedex.

#70 3 years ago

Ups and fedex does not do the volume the usps does, not even close. Plus ups fedex dhl and amazon drop all there overflow packages on usps to deliver and ups was refusing incoming packages becouse they could not handle them where the usps has to except all mail as they are a service. Plus blame your great president for all the delays as he was taking away equipment and put cost cutting measures in place to try and rig the election to stop people from voting by mail which backfired on him, plus on top of that the po is operating on half staff due to covid.

#71 3 years ago

USPS got rid of letter sorting machines, those machines dont handle packages. They have lots of employees out on covid in the plants that sort packages

#72 3 years ago

My package was in limbo since the 13th
    Delivered today

#73 3 years ago

Normally my boss sends an Xmas card each year but this time he sent it with chocolate (yum). Expected delivery date was 12/19 so that wasn’t too bad but it was 2 day priority from KC MO. Arrived today and unexpectedly!

#74 3 years ago

My PBR orders are usually in the UK's Heathrow airport inside 48 hours. Then a good 7 days before I get the invite to pay import tax and then a further 3 days or so to have it delivered to my door.

#76 3 years ago

Parts are here! The label says 2 day priority and it took a little over 2 weeks so not as bad as some here. Glad it wasn’t lost or damaged. Now hopefully it fixes my problem!

#77 3 years ago

Dec 10 shipper arrived tda Dec 28 after holidaying in Newark.

#78 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

How is that my PBR order has been sitting in NJ for 2 weeks untouched but every day I get to throw out more and more junk mail???
    Is Capital One, Giant Eagle, and Goodyear Tire padding the USPS’s pocket to make sure their adds get priority?

Lol. Packages and letters are processed seperately. Regardless of how busy one or the other is, they both have to be processed daily. "Junk" mail or standard mail is processed with first class letters and sent out for delivery.

Also, what you call junk mail is paid mail from advertisers that get a reduced rate because of their volume, and also helps keep the cost of your letters you mail cheaper.

Comparing Amazon Fedex and UPS to USPS is comparing apples to oranges. USPS delivers daily to virtually every address in the country. The other three dump the packages they deem too far out of their delivery zone on USPS. They also only have to deal with packages. No magazines, letters, or newspapers.

And yes, I do work for USPS.

#79 3 years ago
    Quoted from curiusgeorge:

Lol. Packages and letters are processed seperately. Regardless of how busy one or the other is, they both have to be processed daily. "Junk" mail or standard mail is processed with first class letters and sent out for delivery.
    Also, what you call junk mail is paid mail from advertisers that get a reduced rate because of their volume, and also helps keep the cost of your letters you mail cheaper.
    Comparing Amazon Fedex and UPS to USPS is comparing apples to oranges. USPS delivers daily to virtually every address in the country. The other three dump the packages they deem too far out of their delivery zone on USPS. They also only have to deal with packages. No magazines, letters, or newspapers.
    And yes, I do work for USPS.

While many can complain I can only Imagine the chaos of working at USPS with this online shopping and Covid ship direction. I can’t imagine a more thankless job. While things can slow we have had minimal issue with USPS getting the job done. And typically at 20% of the cost for the others.

#80 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

While many can complain I can only Imagine the chaos of working at USPS with this online shopping and Covid ship direction. I can’t imagine a more thankless job. While things can slow we have had minimal issue with USPS getting the job done. And typically at 20% of the cost for the others.

You should knock on wood and consider yourself lucky. USPS had been nothing short of atrocious, there is no accountability and you wait an hour plus on the phone if you might ever need to contact them. We have packages mailed by us and to us from early December that still have not arrived. Here’s a nice gem. I’m sensitive to COVID and volume issues, but they shouldn’t charge or even offer priority rates if it’s going to take 10-20 days.

19C98454-93F5-4B0F-B87C-8A5879C88F8E (resized).jpeg19C98454-93F5-4B0F-B87C-8A5879C88F8E (resized).jpeg

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

You should knock on wood and consider yourself lucky. USPS had been nothing short of atrocious, there is no accountability and you wait an hour plus on the phone if you might ever need to contact them. We have packages mailed by us and to us from early December that still have not arrived. Here’s a nice gem. I’m sensitive to COVID and volume issues, but they shouldn’t charge or even offer priority rates if it’s going to take 10-20 days.
    [quoted image]

Agreed. I think most people are understanding that things are going to take longer with what’s going on, but they should not be allowed to charge and offer no discounts or refunds on priority mail packages if they can’t make the timeline. We just received a gift in the mail that was mailed 1 day priority and it took 18 days to get to our house! The person that sent it paid $12.80 for the 1 day priority, it says it right on the label. There should be some accountability and an easy way to go online and get a refund for the difference it would have cost someone to send it through the cheaper standard package rate. If the package would have only cost $6 to ship standard rates then you should be able to go online and get the $6.80 back.

#82 3 years ago

Well my PBR order finally left NJ. Now it’s been sitting 15 minutes from my house for 3 days. I asked the lady at the post office today while I was mailing off some parts if I was allowed to go get it myself.
    She said no

17B80016-A371-4098-9865-6694B7CD4D20 (resized).png17B80016-A371-4098-9865-6694B7CD4D20 (resized).png

#83 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

[quoted image]

What did I miss in your post? From the 16th of Dec to the 20th is only (2) business days?? Where do you see 20 days?

#84 3 years ago
    Quoted from Yelobird:

What did I miss in your post? From the 16th of Dec to the 20th is only (2) business days?? Where do you see 20 days?

December 20th is just the last date they updated tracking. It hasn’t been delivered yet so he is at 14 days and waiting which I’m guessing is why he gave a span of 10-20 days.

#85 3 years ago

Manual that shipped on the 3rd is out for delivery today. Should have this afternoon. Better late then never.

#86 3 years ago

It arrived today!

#87 3 years ago
    Quoted from Parkshow30:

December 20th is just the last date they updated tracking. It hasn’t been delivered yet so he is at 14 days and waiting which I’m guessing is why he gave a span of 10-20 days.

That’s right and it just one example.

Quoted from Yelobird:

I have packages sent to us and by us since early December, still waiting so now it’s over 20 days. And btw, that tracking history I posted, still unchanged so now we are on 14 days for something that normally takes 3-5 days.

There are some really notorious places in the USPS system, such as Boulder, Co, Kearny, NJ, Joliet, Il...I’m sure you all have your favorites.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

I have packages sent to us and by us since early December, still waiting so now it’s over 20 days. And btw, that tracking history I posted, still unchanged so now we are on 14 days for something that normally takes 3-5 days.
    There are some really notorious places in the USPS system, such as Boulder, Co, Kearny, NJ, Joliet, Il...I’m sure you all have your favorites.

Makes sense agreed had similar issues just didn't understand the post. Hoping when the holidays die down things get back on track.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Whole state of Michigan too....that's a black hole for USPS....

Doubt there will be any improvement since now it's shipping back returns through USPS until mid February...

At least they lowered the prices to pre holiday shipping rates!

#90 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrm_4:

She said no
    [quoted image]

Way better to beg for forgiveness than ask permission.

#91 3 years ago
    Quoted from Highscoresaves:

Whole state of Michigan too....that's a black hole for USPS....
    Doubt there will be any improvement since now it's shipping back returns through USPS until mid February...
    At least they lowered the prices to pre holiday shipping rates!

I wouldn't count on improvements in shipping times any time soon. Parcel volume has been at peak levels since march, and Christmas was just insane. Take a large portion of the public, tell them it's not safe to shop in crowded stores, and let them loose online. The simple fact is USPS is not built for this type of parcel volume. From the vehicles mail carriers deliver in (too small and over 30 years old), To the distribution centers where alot of the packages are still scanned and sorted by hand, and last but not least, USPS relies on Fedex and commercial airlines as they have no air fleet. While alot of my coworkers were dismayed over the appointment of the new Postmaster General, I was kind of interested to see what he was going to do.

#92 3 years ago

15 days, Priority Mail, sitting an hour away, no recourse.

#93 3 years ago

I still have one outstanding coming to Ohio that was in Atlanta 15th of December. Kentucky on 21st and no updates since.

I think some of the mail during the height of the surge has been pushed in corner or bottom of a pile that is not getting worked while others come and go. Mail being sent out now is starting to get back to a more normal transit time.

Sure does not seem like priority mail gets delivered any faster than first class package going through tracking numbers. I wouldn't pay for the priority mail unless you are over 1lb or really want to use the 'free' box.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from barakandl:

I still have one outstanding coming to Ohio that was in Atlanta 15th of December. Kentucky on 21st and no updates since.

I think some of the mail during the height of the surge has been pushed in corner or bottom of a pile that is not getting worked while others come and go. Mail being sent out now is starting to get back to a more normal transit time.

I have two outgoing priority mail packages in limbo that were in the hands of USPS around the 15th, but haven't been updated since the 22nd. I had two others that went out on the 28th, sat there for a few days, and started moving on 1/1.

I'm guessing you're probably right. Packages sent around that time probably got buried. I can't even imagine how backlogged the whole postal system has been during the last few weeks.

#95 3 years ago

It looks like all my lost packages were delivered today, except for one that had an attempted delivery with a status of "no access". I can't say that I've seen that one before.

#96 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

It looks like all my lost packages were delivered today, except for one that had an attempted delivery with a status of "no access". I can't say that I've seen that one before.

"no access" = pit bull

#97 3 years ago

My package moved today too. Hope to get it tomorrow or Wednesday. First movement since Dec 12th.

#98 3 years ago

Delivered yesterday.

CEDABF9C-2401-49AE-A4E6-C9E466EBB9F8 (resized).jpegCEDABF9C-2401-49AE-A4E6-C9E466EBB9F8 (resized).jpeg
    #99 3 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

I've had a few "no access" lately on packages I sent. What all of those have really meant was that I sent them with signature confirmation and there was nobody home to sign or they didn't attempt it. The carriers have just gotten lazy and scanned "no access" as the reason instead of the real reason.

#100 3 years ago

One of mine I refunded yesterday. I guess "package research case closed" means they didn't do anything. I didn't get a response. Package hasn't moved since Dec 2.

usps (resized).JPGusps (resized).JPG
    There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-orders-snail-mail/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.