(Topic ID: 258148)

Parts and stuff

By StratDoc

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

All,

I need a little advice on selling a lot of stuff I have accumulated over the past several years - pfs, plastics, boards, displays, etc. What is the best way to list these for sale - individual, bulk, grouped with similar items? Pricing advice would also be welcome. Most of the boards need work but are definitely salvageable, plastics are in good shape, PFs a are decent and candidates for restoration - black knight that is partially populated, stripped Medusa, stripped Xenon.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

#2 4 years ago

I would list one by one with part number in title.

#3 4 years ago

Depends on how much time and effort you want to put into it, wether or not you are motivated by the largest yield, etc. I am currently helping a buddy out who is doing the exact same thing.

Big lots end up with less of a yield, but also take far less labor on your end and you get rid of everything. Nothing left over to discard of. Downside is it limits your target pool as it tends to be more of a local pickup kind of thing.

Individual piece by piece is a larger yield, but also more labor spent.Not to mention packing supplies

For my friend he is doing a mix of selling in smaller lots of like items and individual pieces. It's not so much about the $$ for him, just clearing it ALL out.

Prices will vary greatly on what you have an actual condition. Make a list of your inventory and then check past sales here and elsewhere and you can kind of get a good ball park.

#4 4 years ago

Very good advice. I am less interested in yield - just want to clean out.

#5 4 years ago
    Quoted from StratDoc:

Very good advice. I am less interested in yield - just want to clean out.

I'm just up the road from you in cleveland if you decide to sell as a lot. I have a lot of stuff already but always looking for more, haha.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from StratDoc:

What is the best way to list these for sale

Quoted from jake35:

I'm just up the road from you in cleveland if you decide to sell as a lot. I have a lot of stuff already but always looking for more, haha.

Well, i think you just answered your own question, Stratdoc LOL!

Merry Christmas

#7 4 years ago

Pm sent

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-and-stuff?hl=jake35 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.