• Latest reply 3 years ago by Sparky18
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3A7F1BAC-F04A-44AA-B5B1-301DA3C00187 (resized).jpeg
#1 3 years ago

I’m a newbie. I have a eightball deluxe. Where should I look for the best parts / circuit boards?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky18:

I’m a newbie. I have a eightball deluxe. Where should I look for the best parts / circuit boards?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-s-demise-where-to-get-boards-now-

Pinballlife
MarcoSpecialities
Ebay
Little shop of games
Pinside ads.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky18:

Hit up the Eight Ball Deluxe owners club thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/eight-ball-deluxe-owner-club-guests-welcome-as-well

#5 3 years ago

Are you experiencing a particular problem with your EBD? Buying new boards at random is a pretty expensive thing to do if you don't need them.

#6 3 years ago

Not sure if it's Covid related but I've noticed replacement boards are showing up out of stock lately. As Evan says, what is the problem you are having? What board are you looking for and why?

#7 3 years ago

2 problems . Once the ball drains, it won’t eject. And one of the pins on a plug-in is broke off on a circuit board.

#8 3 years ago

Do you have a multimeter? If not, you should buy one before buying anything else. Broken pins can be fixed for a fraction of the cost of a board.

Close up pictures are always the best for such issue. You will need a multimeter to troubleshoot issues on your machine.

Welcome to the pinball hobby!

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky18:

2 problems . Once the ball drains, it won’t eject. And one of the pins on a plug-in is broke off on a circuit board.

That might be one problem.

Some of the header pins are removed, it helps identify where and which direction to plug a connector in. So his might be normal. Which pin is it, on which board? You can find schematics for your game at ipdb.org and there will be a picture of the board in there somewhere with connector names like J1, J2, etc.

Or, it's possible that you do have a broken pin, and that pin is for the trough switch, in which case you can save yourself a few hundred bucks by just getting a soldering iron, a solder sucker to remove old solder, and a rail of header pins for a few cents.

And if you have no interest in DIY, and would rather just spend the $ and swap boards, that's cool too. But it's definitely in your interest to identify the exact problem first before doing that, and make sure that swapping boards will fix it.

#10 3 years ago

Thanks Roamin and EvanDickson!!! I will invest in a multimeter and run with your advice. Thx to you both!! And will try to post a pic

#11 3 years ago

Update your location. Maybe some is local that can help.

#12 3 years ago

Well apparently I have a much bigger problem. In addition to the drain ball ejector not working , the 8 ball bonus pocket won’t eject either, along with 3x 4x 5x pop-ups. The #9 pin on plug J1 looks like it may supposed to be missing. Geez I need lots of help!!!!!

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from Sparky18:

Well apparently I have a much bigger problem. In addition to the drain ball ejector not working , the 8 ball bonus pocket won’t eject either, along with 3x 4x 5x pop-ups. The #9 pin on plug J1 looks like it may supposed to be missing. Geez I need lots of help!!!!!

Good hands on learning experience. We're here to help you.

#14 3 years ago

It seams it all went wrong at once. Does that infer board problem?

#15 3 years ago

Do they fire in self test? Have you purchased a multimeter? Is there power at the coils? Don't let this discourage you, I consider myself a "newb" and have learned ALOT by reading thru the forums and asking for help from fellow pinsiders who are more than happy to help out. You will get it fixed, of that I have no doubt.

2 weeks later
#16 3 years ago

Possible short/bad connect with a wire in the plug. How do I fix? Or is it possible to buy a new plug?

3A7F1BAC-F04A-44AA-B5B1-301DA3C00187 (resized).jpeg3A7F1BAC-F04A-44AA-B5B1-301DA3C00187 (resized).jpeg
#17 3 years ago

Everything starting working briefly

#18 3 years ago

IDC plug, yuck. Replace it with a discrete crimp connector:

Connector:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=CS100-28-LR

Pins and key:
https://www.greatplainselectronics.com/products.asp?cat=73

And inspect header's solder joints on bottom side of board.

#19 3 years ago

Thx For the help

#20 3 years ago

Can anyone recommend a person who can do service on the pinball if needed ? 41094 zip code

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bloomsburg, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/parts-3?hl=roamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.